Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to House Of Belleza message board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ballscene WOMEN's History; From the lips of Kevin Omni
Topic Started: Jul 22 2009, 09:58 PM (1,902 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

I cut and paste the info he was giving on W4MW. Its a bit chopped up because it was not all typed at the same time, but in different points of the conversation.

LET'S NOT FORGET THE BUTCHES WHO PAVED THE WAY FOR ALL BUTCHES. R.I.P
ICON GRANDPA ARTIE OMNI A.K.A STEPHANIE
ICON DUCHESS EBONY (BOTH WALKED AND WON MORE THAN SEVERAL TIMES FROM 1980 THRU THE EARLY 90S) CATEGORIES WERE NAMED AFTER THEM... DUCHESS WAS KNOW FOR REALNESS AND GRANDPA WAS KNOWN FOR BEST DRESSED....FURS, FURS AND MORE FURS...LEATHER VS SUEDE AND TAILOR MADE...

AND IN HONOR OF:
LEGENDARY MOE PRINCESS
LEGENDARY ICE
LEGENDARY HONCHO OMNI (WINNER OF NY'S VERY FIRST LEGENDS'S BALL) PRODUCED BY ERSKINE CHRISTIAN AND FRAN DUPREE..... 1984

THANKS TO ALL THE BUTCHES AND TRANSMEN FOR KEEPING IT REAL THROUGHOUT THE YEARS

SHOUT OUT TO TRANSMEN SEAN EBONY ,,,ICON
REESE AND KIM TUSCANY ICONS......

Not only that women's FACE and Best Dressed women and Female Body were some of the hottest categories from 1980 thru 1990 at a ball

The straight girls served

Best dressed woman
Shameka Christian
Susan Ebony
Scherelle Omni
Sherma St. Laurent
Kitten Omni
Diane Chu Dupree

FACE
Susan Ebony
Scherelle Omni
Virginia Slims Omni
Dalila Del Rio
Annette Omni
Boo Boo Danka
Denise Ebony
Dana Omni

Body
Dalilia Del Rio
Schawanna Omni
Boo Boo Danka

BOO BOO EBONY FACE AND BODY AND VANESSA DEL RIOS FACE AND BODY.

Female Face
Pleasure Omni
Aeisha Prodigy
Monet Dior

Female Best dressed
Tonya Omni

Not only were the women categories Hot from 1980 to the early 90s. So were the straight vs BQ's that battled for , Best dressed Man

Father Icon Larry Ebony
Icon Kevin Omni
Born Omni
Cheese OMNI
Max Debujac
Burger Dupree
Steven Labeija
J. Dior
Marlon Pendavis
Lenny Chanel
Linwood Dupree
Tony Sehag Ebony Overness
Heyward Dupree

Hey Veracious and Just Watching. I tell you there were a lot of females that came through for the women categories throughout the years. Back in the early 80s the category for women were so exceptional. I mean Ex: Shameka Christian was "The infamous Nicky Barnes" girl. "Shameka" would have on a dress that was just seen in SAKS or Bergdoff Goodman's and or Bloomindales WINDOW Display that day. She cut tags sometimes at the judges panel. LOL. The girls mostly peeled for Best Dressed Woman. There outfits would turn into several type of outfits, , from evening gowns, to mini skirts to strapless etc; etc;. The girls gave you a performance when they walked Best Dressed Woman. I know I need to look in my scrap book but it's under a lot of boxes..LOL But I remember I was in attendance at the very first "Ladies Ball NYC"; It was at Les "Polles" on 22nd St bet 5th & 6th Aves. I believe the year 1993 or 1994 And it was given by "Star & St. Yves Production",Yvonne Blackman. I was the MC along with Loreta Rock who was the mother of that young movie star who played in one of the infamous Chinese Karate films. His name was "Taimak". I had a chance to meet him later on around 1996 at the Warehouse Club in the Bronx NYC.

The first "Ladies" Ball was really nice. "Ms Avis Pendavis" was the head judge. And "Les Polles{" was an elegant upscale Restuarant and Lounge area which was a decent size to give a ball. I only remember " India Omni" winning Big Girls FACE for women only.

Around that time we had a few women houses. You had the House of Del Rios, all women,,,, You had the house of Moshood,,,, all women,,,,,, You had the house of St Yves Production,,,,,,,,, You had the house of Tuscany. I believe the House of Moshood was the very first women's house in NYC.
Many of them went there separate ways and a few have passed on.

Hey Veracious in regards to "LI" I gave him many of my own personal pics for his flyer. So I do have many pics. I just need to be able to get a scanner and also find out how to up load the pics online. Maybe I will catch up with Juan LaPerla and he will show me how. I also gave a lot of pics to "Dray EBony" so that he could do a memorium for his 2007 World Aids Day March. I am blessed and fortunate enough to have pics in the name....

Quote Post Goto Top

Father Rico Belleza
Member Avatar
BELLEZA RIDER!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Boo Boo Danka lmao... sorry that name is funny
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bre Belleza
Member Avatar
Tidewater Region Leader
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Muy interesante!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
« Previous Topic · Ballroom History and Houses info · Next Topic »
Add Reply