Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Gardenworks. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features . Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of the features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Where oh where.....
Topic Started: Jul 25 2009, 06:29 AM (528 Views)
Natureschild
Member Avatar
Manager

....have the butterflies gone? :confused1

There has been a sad lack of butterflies this year. I usually have all kinds flitting around.

Black Swallowtails and Fritillaries are the only large species I've seen on the butterfly bushes and coneflowers which are blooming now. I've seen no yellow swallowtails, monarchs or viceroys. Even the common yellow or white cabbage butterflies are missing.

I did see several species of small angelwings earlier this year, but it's hard to ID them. A few of the tiny species like the blue Spring Azure are still attracted to wet bunny manure.

I wonder if this is widespread or if something is lacking in my garden. Possibly a result of the 2 yr drought?

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Insects · Next Topic »
Add Reply