Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Gardenworks. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features . Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of the features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Little Bird
Topic Started: Jun 26 2009, 06:13 AM (492 Views)
Natureschild
Member Avatar
Manager

I found a pretty little nest in a clematis in the front garden. It's growing on a trellis next to the house. There was 1 teeny speckled egg and a chick just hatched. I mean really tiny! The egg was the size of my baby finger nail! It looks like it belongs to the Song Sparrow who is hanging around there. I also found another nest lower down on the trellis that must have been used last year.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Natureschild
Member Avatar
Manager

This is the clematis that I posted earlier when it was blooming.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Here you can see there are 2 nests. I just discovered them! The lower one might have been last year's.

Posted Image
The currently occupied nest at the top.

Posted Image
Awww :wub: One egg hatched. I caught the sparrow sitting on the nest just before I took this, but she (or he) took off when I tried to get closer.

The Song Sparrows have nested in other places in my gardens. One year, it was in a potted plant on the back deck.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Birds · Next Topic »
Add Reply