Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Gardenworks. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features . Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of the features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New Flower!
Topic Started: May 30 2009, 02:38 PM (437 Views)
Keepee
Member Avatar

:wub: It's a Mona Lisa lily. :wub:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My plan right now is to keep it in a large pot. If it gets too big for the pot before we move next year, I'll give it to a family member :lol: I'm not leaving it here!

I saw it and just had to have it :wub:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shadows
Member Avatar

Very pretty. I bet it smells good. Shadows

Natureschild
Member Avatar
Manager

Somehow I missed this!

It looks like a Stargazer relative. Should be super fragrant. Oh yeah, you'll want to keep this in the pot. These Oriental hybrids are hard to keep track of in the garden. It will be fine in a pot for quite a while.

April
Member Avatar

I am so tempted to get some more lilies. I just need someone to help me prepare the garden. I'm not strong enough to dig very deep into our clay yard so it takes me forever to plant something.

busyb
No Avatar

like the color of it

Natureschild
Member Avatar
Manager

Quote:

I'm not strong enough to dig very deep into our clay

April. Here's a trick for breaking up the soil. It takes pre-planning and a little time, but well worth it in the end.

Whenever I plan a new garden, I begin dumping the rabbit manure there. This works best during winter. I spread it around so it's several inches thick. By the time spring comes, the cover of manure has killed off the grass, and the worms have been working on it. The soil is much easier to dig.

I also don't always dig up the entire area if it's for perennials (which it usually is). I just dig where a plant will go.

I've got sand, clay, and rock here. I can't dig anywhere without hitting a stone. I'm not strong enough to dig this with a regular shovel while standing. My most valuable garden tool is a big 18" flathead screwdriver. I get down on my knees and loosen the dirt and stones with the driver and then scoop it out with the shovel.

eeplants
Member Avatar

Wow!. that Mona Lisa lily is beautiful, the colors are vibrant, where did you get it, Keepe?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Flowers & Landscape Plants · Next Topic »
Add Reply