Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Gardenworks. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features . Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of the features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Perennial Scrapbook
Topic Started: May 5 2009, 08:37 AM (504 Views)
Natureschild
Member Avatar
Manager

If you're a collector like me, you save all the tags from the plants you buy. But how to store them? Scrapbook!

There's lots of different types of scrapbooks you can use. Photo albums work best. I found "magnetic" photo albums at the dollar store. This is the kind that has a sticky clear film on each page. I can easily add new tags as I get them. I cut up the tags so they fit more per page, just retaining the info I need for the plant. I bought several albums and each is devoted to a certain type of plant, such as perennials, shrubs, etc. I can easily flip thru to find the info I need.

Another option is to create pages for each plant and keep in a binder notebook. You could include photos of the plants and all the info you want such as where and when you acquired the plant, its history in your garden, and whatever you've learned about it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shadows
Member Avatar

Thats is a great idea. I have no clue what half the things I have growing are. Or what their names are. Shadows
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Hardscape · Next Topic »
Add Reply