We are a happy lot and want to engage in discussion with others about gaming. None of us want to have to enforce any rules. Breaking of any of these rules (and/or any other behavior viewed as inappropriate) can and will result in a warning, temporary ban, account deletion and/or permanent ban. We'd much rather not.
1. Know your etiquette!
A. Don't be rude. This includes sarcasm. Even sarcasm hidden behind emoticons
or insults to opinions expressed by others. It's like nails on a chalkboard
to us. Rule 1 is a catch-all and will be interpreted by moderators, not posters.
B. Negative posts can be rude or just ugly to read. You can post criticism of games or other posts but do so constructively. You can disagree but don't smear the competition. No one is running for an elected office.
C. Swearing: Avoid it if you can. Light swearing is not condemned unless it becomes routine. Harsh swearing is not tolerated.
D. Posts in the Round Table are allowed to go off topic. Posts in the other forums should stay on topic! A natural drift in what the topic at hand is allowed when it's a natural turn in conversation. If a poster wants to further discuss the original topic then be polite and remain true to it. You can start another post concerning the new subject if you want.
2. Do not post about religion, politics, sensitive issues or bodily functions. There is no room on this forum for such topics. This is a gaming forum and home to happy bunnies and babies (some dead, some undead).
3. There is no number 3.
4. Pornography isn't welcome. If other members can't find it on the internet for free already, then they need to learn how on their own. Do not assist them through the use of this forum.
5. If you're unsure whether something breaks a rule or is inappropriate, it is safer not to post (and to ask a moderator).
6. By posting on this forum, you acknowledge and agree that it is a free service from which you can be temporarily banned, permanently banned, given warnings and have your account deleted by the Admin and moderators for any reason. You must also follow the terms by our host: zetaboards.com.
7. If you have a problem with another poster, resolve it peaceably through PM or contact a moderator respectfully. If the problem concerns a moderator, contact the Admin respectfully via PM first (email second). Do NOT post anywhere that a member is violating a rule. If you see another member violating a rule, report the post. If you feel a moderator has overlooked or missed a problem post, politely make them aware of it through reporting.
8. Label links for what they are. Label links as NSFW (Not Safe For Work) if applicable. No NSFW images or videos are allowed to be "nested" within a post. Pornographic, overly graphic or laced with profanity images/videos are not to be even remotely linked in a post.
9. Any content generated by the community and/or member through public posting on this forum (or forum blog) grants this forum and operator to use, post and modify/alter the content for purposes such as promotion and free published releases.
10. The Round Table forum contains general topics but should stay mostly focused on gaming culture topics. We have found that gamer culture for The Gambit consists of a large range of topics.