Kanna}}
{{Reya Starylight}}
{{Hadou}}

司 Librarians:
{{Potato}}
{{Mango}}
{{Grond}}

Fairy Tail Guild RP Current News

Hey everyone, it's me, your Lord and Savior, your Once and Future King, and your new Admin-for-Life Unlimit Sendo. I'm here to drop some turnbuckle-diving elbows and awesome news. There's been some relatively small updates to rulings regarding summon familiars and single summons. Additionally, there's also been a pretty big update in regards to the AP shop which reorganizes it and adds a ton of new stuff. You can find that in the AP Shop section under Item Creation. Check it out.

FTG Staff
Quick Links:

{{Fairy Tail RPG Rules}}

{{Fairy Tail RPG News}}

{{Character Creation Template}}

{{Character Modification Template}}

{{Mission Creation}}

{{Mission Request}}

{{Grading Request Topic}}

{{Guild Members}}

{{Item Creation}}

{{FTG and You: The Guide 3.0}}

{{Project Jumpstart: For Newbies!}}

Locked Topic
[Graded]Gremlins Galore; D-class Mission
Topic Started: Jan 2 2018, 10:04 PM (471 Views)
Reya Starlyght
Member Avatar
Verba volant, scripta manent.

Mission Link

For most, Aster Town was a technological marvel, one of the many cities rebuilt after the chaos that was the First Boscan War. Leonidas was in the minority with his dislike of the place, namely because it was far too modern and confusing. Along with that, any metropolis with defense cannons surrounding it didn't strike him as a friendly one. It wasn't just the exterior, though, once he passed through the city's smaller gate the blonde observed that there were a plethora of law enforcement agents and the like crawling throughout the streets. He offered an innocent smile to one of the guards who had been following him for a few minutes, presumably because of the sword at his side, and pointed toward a sign that read Lac-Tech Industries up ahead. The building itself was a rather large one, isolated from its surroundings via a yard of concrete, its paint hued a pristine white unlike most of the bland gray structures. Leonidas had to admit, for being understaffed the property was kept up rather nicely.

Indeed it was his destination, for a few days prior a request had been sent out to Grimoire Heart, well it wasn't just the dark guild that had received it but nonetheless he had actually been around the hall for once to look at the requests. As per usual, most of them were completely useless to the crimson eyed man and he had ignored him, but Lac-Tech's was a curious one for the fact that the organization was usually rather tight lipped about its operations. He didn't care for most of their products, typically communication devices or other impractical things, but occasionally the company came out with magically linked weapons, a subject he had decided to look into. Not that the request had mentioned any such concepts, but questions and observations would inevitably lead somewhere.

He was early, not by much but still early to the appointed time, the sun shining just shy of noon. Knowing that at least one other individual, whether they be mage or not, was coming to assist, Leonidas decided to wait outside the building for the moment. It was a pleasant although chilly day, but the temperature didn't really bother him and he had on a tan light jacket in any case. The city didn't seem all that busy that day, but then again Aster Town's tourism industry wasn't remarkable in the first place as far as he could tell, and most people were working at such an hour.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hadou
Member Avatar
WhAaAaAaAaAaAtTtT?!!!

"Oooh! I love this place!"

Wide eyed wonder was the exact description of the petite mage, as she took in the sights of the city that was once a quiet, though technologically advanced town. Aster City had always been a place she'd wanted to visit, but due to work and other factors, she had been unable to do so. Now, she had a good reason to be there, and she had been wowed from the moment she got on the Future's Highway.

Unlike most mages, Caelie always had a thing for technology. In fact, she had always wanted to get a part-time employment in a lachryma utilizing outfit... when she was less busy, of course. Everything in this place appealed to her, from the massive cannons that sat atop the solid walls, to the Gate of Souls that she used to get into the city, from the zeppelins that were hoisted high above the earth to scan out things from afar, to the automatons that patrolled the city and its exteriors. Already, her mind was breaking down and identifying the various structures in various machines that made them work, and just being surrounded by all these delights (to her) made her giddy. Still, her desire to remain unembarrassed in pubic got the better of her, and she managed to show a great deal of self control, and not go screaming and running towards some nearest attractions.

Needless to say, as Caelie approached Lac-Tech Industries, she was in a very bright and sunny mood. This was like a dream come true for her. Lac-Tech was very secretive, so the fact that she had been assigned to this mission, to even get within its walls and witness some of its operations... well, she couldn't ask for more. Her mood increased when she noticed a familiar figure waiting outside the building: Leonidas, the blond mage she'd met a while back. Yes, she remembered that this mission was meant for two, so she would be working alongside him. Leonidas, before this day was done, was likely to see a part of Caelie that most people never saw.

"Leonidas! You look well, but I'll still ask: how have you been?" Like himself, she wore a jacket, only hers was white in color, beneath which she wore a simple short navy blue dress that was a little form fitting. She smiled broadly as she approached him, her eyes moving from him to the pristine building and back. "Lac-Tech Industries for this mission! Isn't it exciting?"
Offline Profile Goto Top

Reya Starlyght
Member Avatar

Leonidas recognized the figure approaching, an ever slight smile creeping onto his visage. Caelie was one of the more enjoyable individuals he had met at Akane Resort during the summer, and at that moment he was glad that the partner for his mission was someone he knew. She seemed to be in a fine mood, possibly becauss of their location or maybe just the situation in general. In any case, the blonde didn't want to put a damper on her happiness by responding with the truth to her query, he was not well, not to mention he wouldn't have done such in the first place. A negative answer only led to questions, and Leonidas disliked answering them about himself. "Ah, yes, I've been fine. And yourself?" he asked, although the crimson eyed man was almost certain of her answer. It was a common courtesy to do such, in any case, so he was obliged.

"Certainly. I was genuinely surprised when I saw the request. Shall we see what it's all about?" Leonidas answered before retaliating. Regardless of Caelie's reply, after a few moments he walked up to the building's doorstep and knocked on its metal door. Wait, there was a button by the doorframe. A doorbell, was that what they were called? No, this one had a speaker so it was probably some form of communication device. He depressed the circular toggle and sure enough the black box crackled to life with sound.

"Come on in, the door's unlocked now," a feminine voice stated. Sure enough, as he turned the handle it opened into a reception-like area, with a woman sitting at a cluttered desk hunched over some paperwork. As soon as both him and Caelie were present in the room, she would continue with mild shock. "Aren't you two a little young for this sort of work?"

For a moment, he laughed, but then shrugged. "Maybe. I'm sure you'll determine that in time, though, Dr...." Leonidas trailed off, in reality asking for her name.

"Garrison," she answered.

"Pleased to meet you, Dr. Garrison. My name is Leonidas Aglaeca," he smiled, then looked over to Caelie. It was rare that he shared his surname with others, but something told him that the doctor was already too skeptical of them, not to mention neither of them seemed to be in line with the government, if that was even a concern. It was nothing more than a necessary evil.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hadou
Member Avatar
WhAaAaAaAaAaAtTtT?!!!

True, if Leonidas had told Caelie he hadn't been well, she would have gone all worried and doting over him. As a result, she remained oblivious to his condition, replying to his polite inquiry about her health with a shrug and another smile. "Mostly so-so, but I think today is one of my better days."

Leonidas seemed to share her sentiments on being given the opportunity to address this mission, though whatever initial surprise she had had, had been quickly swallowed by the excitement of getting to assist research in Lac-Tech. She nodded enthusiastically when Leonidas suggested they find out what the mission was about, and followed him to the doorstep of the building. She arched an eyebrow slightly when he knocked on the metal door, then she chuckled quietly to herself. That was actually a quaint thing to do. There was supposed to be a doorbell of sorts, or some other advanced means of informing those within that there was someone at the door. Who knew, those in the building probably already knew they were there...

Leonidas noticed the communication device eventually, and on operating it, a voice ushered them in. Caelie found herself in a reception-like room, with a woman nose-deep in paper work. She seem surprised at their ages, but Caelie didn't think she was much older than they were. The woman identified herself as Dr. Garrison, Leonidas introduced himself, so it was only proper that she did the same.

"Caelestis Draumbern at your service, but Caelie will do just fine. I'm very honored to be here."
Offline Profile Goto Top

Reya Starlyght
Member Avatar

The lady nodded as the pair introduced themselves before standing up from her desk and smoothing her white laboratory coat. "Very well then, I suppose a tour of the facility is in order before we start any real work. This branch of Lac-Tech was once my father's, but he retired a few years ago and passed it down to me. I'm afraid I haven't kept the building in the pristine condition he was known for, although it was better prior these strings of accidents we've been seeing," she stated before pointing to a coat rack located near the door with a laugh. "Please, stay for a while. Unfortunately though, I don't allow weapons in the lab as they have caused some inconvenient circumstances in the past."

Leonidas raised his eyebrows for a moment. "I'm surprised you ever did in the first place," he remarked, making contact with Calamitas for the briefest of moments before the sword vanished from sight. He then removed his jacket and hung it up, revealing that his shirt, although in line with his normal attire, was cleaner than usual. After some time, the scientist gestured in the direction of a small door.

"In case anything goes wrong, which it usually does, that's the area where cleaning supplies and the like are kept. I don't know what's been messing around with my projects, but there are also some nets in there left over from the animals my father used to keep," the woman stated. She then walked over to the double white doors toward the left side of the room, ones with small windows punched into them. He could only assume that it was the laboratory. "And of course, this is probably what you're interested in and where our pest decided to make its home. Hopefully it shows its face today."
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hadou
Member Avatar
WhAaAaAaAaAaAtTtT?!!!

Pleasantries done away with, Dr. Garrison considered taking the two mages on a tour through the facility. That was something Caelie was looking forward to. Caelie silently prayed that Dr. Garrison would be very 'generous' with the sites to be visited during the tour, and that she would be willing to field questions as and when due. However, having a levelheadedness that still managed to show through even during her most excited hours, she understood that an over-exuberant demeanor might put the scientist off, and it was an unwise path to tread, offending one's client. Caelie decided to put up her responsive front; she would observe how the scientist acted, and respond accordingly.

Caelie hung her jacket just like Leonidas had done, and wondered why weapons had been allowed in this part of the labs, in times past. Normally, it was a lex non scripta that weapons were not allowed in laboratories, workshops and such areas, unless under special circumstances. Still, perhaps there had been wisdom in such an allowance back then; but times had obviously evolved the laws governing the holding of weapons, due to likely abuse in the past, as mentioned by Garrison.

Caelie took note of the door that led to the utility room. It might come in handy, what with the peculiar nature of this mission, but Dr. Garrison did not bother showing them what was within. Probably assumed that they would intuitively know where everything was arranged. Dather, she approached double doors, which were white in color, with little windows. From what she said, whatever was troubling the lab was likely hiding out here.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to glean off some useful information during the field trip, so Caelie asked: "If I may ask, what does this section of Lac-Tech specialize in? Knowing this might give us an idea of what moved in and is causing all the trouble, and why."
Offline Profile Goto Top

Reya Starlyght
Member Avatar

"That's a question that's a bit difficult to answer," the woman started, opening the laboratory doors so that the two could walk in. "Generally, we pioneer technology to be used by other branches in their development. I've been given a lot of other work lately though, and this lacryma project isn't helping the load."

Leonidas pondered her answer for a moment, along with entering the main facility. Much like Garrison had warned, the steel and white hued stations and tools were dilapidated with stains, broken vials, and odd spills. It wasn't a complete mess, but it was obvious that the scientist didn't have the time to pick up after each incident. "Is it possible that your saboteur wants to disrupt Lac-Tech's entire process by attacking this facility?" he asked, sweeping a hand over the general area for emphasis. Knowing the company's nature, he doubted that they would let in a being intelligent enough to do such intentionally, but there was never any harm in considering all the options.

"I suppose so," she replied. "We're not the only facility that helps test base products, however, and I would think it would be more effective to simply destory this place altogether."

He picked up a large piece of equipment that had fallen, a test tube holder of some sort, and placed it back on a nearby table. "That is true... although perhaps the culprit didn't want their actions to be noticed...." Leonidas trailed off. "Say, what exactly are these accidents you keep on mentioning?"

OOC
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hadou
Member Avatar
WhAaAaAaAaAaAtTtT?!!!

From what Dr. Garrison had just said, this place was probably one of the most important sections in Lac-Tech. And that sounded like a very interesting place to work in. This place was the sector that fed the other sectors with whatever it was they would improve upon, so it was understandable that anything that put a cog in the gears of this section was bound to affect the functionality and efficiency of the entire organization.

Caelie took in the sights as she walked slowly alongside Leo and the doctor. Whoever was responsible had really done a number on the place, though the damage seemed not to be very heavy. It would be frustrating and troublesome, nonetheless, to clean up this mess afterwards. Leonidas asked a pertinent question that was already on her mind, a possibility that had not been overlooked by Dr. Garrison.

"Although this is early to make any conclusions, I have some suggestions: one, whoever is responsible possibly might have a connection with any of Lac-Tech's unscrupulous competitors, who might want to take the business down a notch. Also, I noticed the damage caused is manifold, but light. Still, I should like to hear the nature of the damage caused, and if possible, the frequency at which these break-ins occur. That may even give us some insight as to exactly what we're up against."

OOC
Offline Profile Goto Top

Reya Starlyght
Member Avatar

He watched the scientist's reactions as she listened to both his and Caelie's suggestions, in case her plans were more nefarious than she had first led on. There was no evidence of anger or frustrated on her face, however, so Leonidas figured she wasn't faking anything. Instead, Dr. Garrison simply nodded. "I'm glad you asked such. Before these sabotages started happening, I had a lot of experiments go wrong. There were no permanent injuries involved, but needless to say some of my employees got frustrated. After a lot of them quit, I've been getting these odd incidents. They always happen when I turn away. I don't think anyone is breaking in, as no alarms have been set off, but I've checked security cameras and haven't seen anything of note."

Nothing had shown up on the film, that was bizarre. "Are you positive that these aren't just coincidences?" the blonde asked, already narrowing down the creatures that could have caused damage while remaining invisible. It was a short list.

His question answered itself, a glass tube nearby shattering onto the floor nearby before Garrison could even speak. She did, though, afterwards. "Nope. I can't get anything done with all of these problems." Leonidas nodded, then walked over toward the recent causality, picking up a piece of the glass. There hadn't even been anything in the container.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hadou
Member Avatar
WhAaAaAaAaAaAtTtT?!!!

From the sort of damage caused, it was safe to say that a dark guild was not involved in this trouble. If so, the sabotage would probably have taken a grislier tone. Leonidas wanted to be sure that all the happenings had not been coincidences, but Caelie already believed that not to be the case. They had occurred too many times. If no one was responsible, that would mean that Dr. Garrison was besieged by some very bad luck.

"Not likely coincidences, Leonidas. If they were, it would imply that Dr. Garrison is under a spell of very bad luck, and such ill luck would probably have been cast on her by another, which would make these happenings unable to be classified as coincidental." She added quickly, with a reassuring smile at the doctor: "Don't worry, Dr. Garrison. I hardly think you're jinxed."

It was a very important piece of evidence: the fact that the culprit remained undetected by security cameras. Caelie felt that the answer to the puzzle could begin from that point. "Let's start from what we know," she said, as she watched Leonidas observe the recently broken tube. "Whoever is responsible likes breaking stuff, and likes spooking the doctor while it's at it. But there's also another possibility."

She suddenly held Dr. Garrison by the wrist, gently, but firmly, then led her to where Leonidas stood. She stood between them, then brought her voice down to barely more than a whisper: "Our culprit might be listening in on this conversation, so any attempts to plan might just be moot. Until we further understand the nature of this pest, we'd best find a more discrete means of communication, yes?"
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Aster Town · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

NSRP One Piece Explore Pokemon Godai TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RP FF:Adventure Scarlet Night Overtale, A Post-Pacifist Undertale RP Red Like RosesSengoku HorizonRorupurei
[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]