Kanna}}
{{Reya Starylight}}
{{Hadou}}

司 Librarians:
{{Potato}}
{{Mango}}
{{Grond}}

Fairy Tail Guild RP Current News

Hey everyone, it's me, your Lord and Savior, your Once and Future King, and your new Admin-for-Life Unlimit Sendo. I'm here to drop some turnbuckle-diving elbows and awesome news. There's been some relatively small updates to rulings regarding summon familiars and single summons. Additionally, there's also been a pretty big update in regards to the AP shop which reorganizes it and adds a ton of new stuff. You can find that in the AP Shop section under Item Creation. Check it out.

FTG Staff
Quick Links:

{{Fairy Tail RPG Rules}}

{{Fairy Tail RPG News}}

{{Character Creation Template}}

{{Character Modification Template}}

{{Mission Creation}}

{{Mission Request}}

{{Grading Request Topic}}

{{Guild Members}}

{{Item Creation}}

{{FTG and You: The Guide 3.0}}

{{Project Jumpstart: For Newbies!}}

Locked Topic
[Graded]Bar Baby Sitting [Mission]; C Class Mission
Topic Started: Sep 17 2017, 07:21 PM (542 Views)
Sachio
Member Avatar
Just Hanging Around

Mission Details

"So you are asking me to be a bouncer? Don't you think that is a waste of my skills?"

"I am not asking you. I am telling you. Your skills are perfect for this assignment. You have the ability to persuade people to calm down."

"Rough up a few people and go home?"

"Precisely. You get it."

"I understand, but am not thrilled."

"I don't need you to be. Complete the assignment, Belmont. Get out."

Damien's meeting with his commanding officer were always the same. An assignment is given that Damien was far too talented for, and any complaints or concerns were waved away. It wasn't that the Knights were unaware of how strong Damien was, but rather it just didn't matter right now. There was nothing Damien could do currently at his rank, other than these lesser tasks. He was too high for the simple patrols, but too low a rank for the assignments that dealt more with actual threats. So here Damien was, stuck in the middle, soon to be spending his night at a bar. At least there was alcohol there. He could only hope the night didn't turn out to be too unenjoyable.

The ride to Acacia was peaceful, as were most late night drives Damien went on. Perhaps this was the only reason why Damien didn't push further on his questioning of his assignment, for he enjoyed the night air and the serenity. With nothing but the stars above him, and the hum of wheels on the road, Damien was truly at peace. Advancements in lacrima power had allowed for Damien to enjoy such a thing. No longer was there a need for a person to fuel the vehicle with their own magical power. Damien had taken advantage of this invention as often as he could.

Upon arrival to Acacia, Damien checked his watch. Nine o'clock at night. "I suppose that should be enough time to get to the bar." Along with the details of the assignment, a map was given to Damien that detailed where the bar was located within the city. With his vehicle parked with the others of its' kind in a parking deck, Damien was off to 'The Lumberjack'.

For the time of night, Acacia was still quite lively. The orange glow of globed street lights bathed the white and brown tones of the columned buildings of the city, almost resembling the color of sunset. Residents and visitors alike, lined the streets, chatting about various topics ranging from daily ongoings, to potential destinations, and even things Damien wished he hadn't overheard. The brashness of those around him would have caused another to blush had they heard it. With a slight shake of his head, Damien continued along the given path. Tuning out the droning of people around him, Damien focused on the beauty of the city. The streets seemed to small between the large, multistory buildings that loomed over everyone from every direction. It was almost like being a rat navigating a maze. The massive architecture was complimented with equally grand windows and columns, making every building look important and extravagant. Damien had been here a couple times before, but he never quite got used to how intimidating, yet mesmerizing, everything here was. Acacia was known for its' scientific growth and prowess, so it was no wonder the city itself reflected their talent.

With a brisk pace, Damien reached 'The Lumberjack' with thirty minutes to spare. The outside of the building wasn't too different from its' surroundings. The familiar vanilla color of the stone was present, although instead of crystal clear glass, the bar had tinted glass. It was likely to serve as protection for both those inside and out, for neither wanted to see what was happening on either side of the glass. One thing of note however, was that the bar was only a single story. While this was nothing of importance, it was certainly strange to see, when every other building around it had at the least, two stories. Approaching the front door of the bar, Damien saw a sign that listed its' hours. It seemed that it was closed until ten, which made sense given Damien's assignment. "Interesting. I suppose I will take this time to converse with the proprietor." With a gentle tug of the curved brass handle of the door, Damien entered the establishment. He assumed the door was unlocked as the owner was likely waiting for him.

Posted Image

Thanks to Damien's contact lenses, his eyes didn't need to adjust to the new lighting level of the establishment, upon entering. The place was nice, Damien thought, nicer than he thought a place called 'The Lumberjack' would have been. He noted the centrally located bar counter, which was a design he always appreciated. Round tables and stools littered the huge floor space, making Damien wonder if this place wasn't bigger on the inside that it appeared outside. The color scheme of the place was fairly simple, with most of the tables being the same beige color of the buildings of the city, and the bar counter and wall mounted counters, were natural wood. It was plain, but stylish. Whoever owned the place, did a good job of decorating. The place was so nice, that he almost forgot why he was there in the first place. A place as nice as this was having an issue with fights often, which Damien just couldn't believe. Preconceptions put aside, Damien called out to see if the owner was around. "Hello. Damien Belmont, Corporal of The Knights of Fiore, reporting in." Damien was not a fan of the knights' protocol, but at least it was succinct.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hadou
Member Avatar
WhAaAaAaAaAaAtTtT?!!!

The Jewel City, in Caelestis' opinion, did not disappoint her as she walked along one of the lower roads in the city, her eyes mostly glancing upwards at the towering structures above. It was a beautiful city, and if not for the congested nature of this place, it wouldn't be a bad place for her to settle down. Add to that the fact that a reputed Dark Guild had its base here, and Caelie was not so interested in the notion of this place as her official roosting point. There was always something about those Dark Guilds that gave her a slightly sour taste in the mouth, perhaps because of her run-in with some who sought to use magic to very nefarious purposes, in her past.

Anyway, she was not here to find a room. She was here on a hunt. As usual, one of her methods was getting information on her quarry before actually commencing the hunt. And although what, or who she was looking for was not in Acacia, she had good intel that this would be a place to get the final bits of information she needed to make this one perfect. Usually, the best places to put one's ear to the ground was a public place. Like a bar. It was also a logical choice to find answers, because bars served alcohol, and with the proper guiding, inebriated people were easier to make to spill the beans.

The job came with its dangers, though. For one, this city was known to have thieves always seeking to move the esteemed jewels of this city, but that was hardly an issue for her. She was not guarding any jewels, nor was she dealing with such, and thus, she would be mostly overlooked. people who wanted to run stealing outfits in this place had to be more organized and sophisticated than the average street mugging rabble, and they wouldn't be really interested in her, since there were more... interesting things to pilfer.

For another, bars were not the safest place, but she was used to that sort of life. Oh yes, it was also night, and more rascals tended to come out at night. She, for her part, was quite armed, though it would not be obvious with the cloak she wore over her body, and the requip magic ring that safely stored away her weapons when she didn't want to look 'harmful'.

There was a bar ahead, and it was just about to open, from the sign on the door. Beneath the hood that cast an almost perfect shadow over her eyes, she read the name of the bar, and offhandedly wondered why the bar was not a story -building, like the others about it. Maybe the owner had a knack for subtle aesthetics, and built it this way, so that it would instantly draw attention by its different size. Or maybe the owner didn't want the patrons to fall very far when exiting windows during heated fights. With a silent smirk, Caelie pushed open the doors and walked in.

Her steps were small and measured, giving off an air of caution more than bold assertiveness. As she drew closer to the central bar, she drew off her hood and took in the surroundings with her eyes. She actually liked the design. Quiet beauty, not loud and garish. And it looked natural, too. Not that she had anything against man-made stuff; she made things herself, too. So far, the bar looked empty... save for a lone figure. She actually got his name, because she heard him mention it, along with his rank, and the words "reporting in" also mentioned. A knight on a mission? Hmmm, was something interesting about to happen here?

Her presence would probably be noticed by the knight, and since she did not have reason to suspect him of anything, she might as well not look like she was trying to sneak up on him.

"This place looks empty, Corporal Belmont, though things are almost never as they seem. I hope I'm not intruding on anything?"
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sachio
Member Avatar
Just Hanging Around

He knew this place was popular, but Damien didn't think any customers would try to enter the bar before it was truly open. Judging from their voice alone, they didn't immediately seem like the common riffraff. Their tone and manners was clearly evident of this fact. Damien turned around to address the person who spoke to him, and saw that it was a young, rather small, attractive female. Her white hair caught Damien's eyes first, which was a hair color he had always liked. With a gentle smile, Damien addressed the woman. "The bar isn't open yet, if you were hoping for a drink. I am here to report to the owner of this establishment, as I am here on behalf of the Knights of Fiore. I am to keep watch over this bar tonight."

As Damien spoke to the woman, the bar owner himself appeared from a door leading to the back of the bar. "Ah, hello Damien. I am so glad to have your assistance tonight. Things have been getting out of hand lately, and I just don't think I can take another day of ordering chairs and tables to replace what I had lost the night before." The bar owner sighed heavily before continuing. "This is what I get for having such competitive prices. I drag in all the crazies." The bar owner looked at the woman who had walked in, and then moved his gaze back to Damien. "Is she with you?" The man said, jerking his thumb at the woman. "I didn't send for more than one person, but she is welcome to help if she is up to it. The more the merrier I suppose. This place does get pretty busy after all." Damien turned his head to look at the woman again, his grey eyes meeting the woman's gaze, before answering. "She is not with me. She just came in after I had." Damien looked the woman up and down, as if he was judging her worth. "She could be of assistance though, I suppose. Are you here to drink, or would you like to help keep this place intact for the night?"

While Damien surely wouldn't need the help tonight, the woman didn't seem like the type that would get in his way. In fact, her attractiveness might distract some of the patrons, or draw them to her, which made less trouble for Damien to deal with. However, this meant her night was going to be a busy one, between fighting off drunken men lusting after her, and breaking up fights. Damien was beginning to be amused by the potential outcome of tonight, if the woman agreed to assist. "Well, I suppose we should get to know you before we drag you into this, don't you agree Damien?" The bar owner said, snapping Damien out of his thoughts. "OH, that reminds me. My name is Les. Nice to meet you both." Les, being a rather large man, held out one rough hand for Damien and the woman to shake. A large smile lay beneath a larger mustache on Les' face. "Nice to meet you too, sir." Damien replied, firmly shaking the man's outstretched hand. Damien appreciated how jovial the man was. Working for someone nice always made the experience more enjoyable, in most cases.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hadou
Member Avatar
WhAaAaAaAaAaAtTtT?!!!

"Oh? Police duty, if I dare call it so?" Caelie replied, returning his smile, as she walked to the bar and leaned against it. "Getting a knight of Fiore to watch over this place either means the owner of this establishment does have some cool cash to throw around, or this place draws in trouble by the bucket load."

She had barely finished speaking when a male voice suddenly came from behind her. Caelie readjusted her position slightly, so that even though she was still leaning against the bar, she was facing the knight, and the newcomer, who was obviously the owner of this place. And from what the bar owner had just said, the second assumption she made was more correct. This place attracted "the crazies", as he had called them. She said nothing as the men discussed, even when the bar owner asked if she was with Damien, opting to keep silent till Damien asked her if she was willing to help.

"Well, I suppose I can pitch in and help a bit. I didn't come here for a drink, so I'm sure you'd wonder, 'what else do you do in a bar besides that?'" She shrugged, and left the question open, not bothering to give an answer to it.

Alcohol always made people more boisterous. Add to the fact that some people would likely try to hit on her, the certainty of another bar fight was almost a hundred percent. Perhaps, one way or the other, the path of peace would be toed, and there would be no need for any altercation. Or, there would be one massive brawl to end all brawls and bar fights in this place.

The bar owner introduced himself as Les. And the knight was Damien. She took Les' large hand in both of hers and shook it gently. "I'm Caelie. Pleased to meet you both." When she was done shaking his hand, she would shake Damien's hand too, provided he accepted her handshake. Pleasantries taken care of, Caelie resumed her initial posture. "So, what are the exact requirements of the mission? Avoid all fights? Keep collateral damage to a minimum or zero? Let them have whatever's coming to them? Socialize...? No, definitely not the last part. At least, I don't think we're expected to, officially anyway."
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sachio
Member Avatar
Just Hanging Around

With a gloved outstretched hand, Damien shook Caelie's hand after her introduction. She seemed nice enough, and had manners, which made her alright in Damien's eyes. Les turned his attention back to Caelie, as she asked about how the night was to go, and what she was to do. "Good questions! I just want my bar to be intact at the end of the night. Break up fights when they start, but please, enjoy yourselves while you are here. If things go well, you might even score a few drinks on the house!" Another toothy grin spread beneath the large man's mustache. Les's jovial disposition was almost contagious, as Damien felt a smile coming to his face as well. Damien typically was the cool, calm, and collected type. Les was warming Damien up rather quickly. Damien might even go as far to say that he liked the man.

"I am about to open the bar, so feel free to get comfortable to get ready for the night. How about I bring you both a drink to start the night? Don't drink too much while working though, as I would hate for you two to add to the chaos." A loud hearty laugh echoed through the empty bar, as well as the sound of Les slapping his knee. Damien chuckled to himself as he walked to a booth near the entrance, and took a seat. "I will sit here for the night. Occasionally I will get up and walk around, but I figure from here, I can see everything going on. Caelie, feel free to join me here." Les nodded approvingly, and walked towards the door to turn on the sign, signifying the bar was now open. Once he was done, Les walked to the bar and pulled out two glasses. "What are you two drinking?" Damien hesitated at first, not wanting to accept a drink while working, but the look on Les's face showed he knew what Damien was thinking. "Oh lighten up there, Soldier boy. A drink might loosen you up a little." Damien sighed and shrugged his shoulders before continuing. "Red wine please. A nice Cabernet if you have it." With a thumbs up, Les grabbed a green bottle and poured Damien his requested drink. "And for you, Miss?" Les would then pour Caelie's requested drink and bring over their two glasses. "Drink up and look sharp. First customers are due any time!"

Les wasn't kidding. Not five minutes had past before a large group of people came through the door, talking loudly and cheering as they entered. Damien's eyes narrowed as he sipped his wine and watched the group. It was a group of eight, all in their twenties from their looks, and an even mix of men and women. They were likely a group of couples out for a night of drinking. They likely weren't going to cause anything. They all took a seat at the bar and ordered drinks from Les. Their talking became nothing more than droning as Damien ignored them and waited for the bar to get busier. It didn't take long for more and more people to pour through. Now all they had to do was wait for the alcohol to flow through their bodies, and hope no one did anything stupid. It was unlikely that tonight was going to be a quiet one.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hadou
Member Avatar
WhAaAaAaAaAaAtTtT?!!!

Yes, the drill was what she expected. Keep the collateral damage at a minimum, zero, if possible, but otherwise have a good time. The objective would take relatively long to complete, in a manner of speaking, as its duration would last the entire night. Caelie was confident she could wait that long, however; her job type required some moments of uncanny patience. What would be testing would be the human factors that Damian, and eventually, herself, had been asked to deal with. Of course, not every human in the bar would be the problem, just hopefully a few bad eggs. The bar owner, Les, seemed to be a nice person to be around, and his naturally sunny personality was quite amiable. It would be an extremely tall order to wish everyone tonight would be like him.

The invitation to have a drink was met with silent skepticism by Caelie. As a rule of thumb, she did not drink alcohol. She had always had that fear that if she eventually did drink, she would end up acting stupid and embarrassing herself, an event that she would rather avoid than be caught dead in. Be that as it may, she was aware that some people felt slighted when they offered something to another, only to be rejected. This sort of situation required... tact (in her opinion). She did smile at Les' joke about not getting too high on drink and "add to the chaos" that they were here to curtail.

Damian made an intelligent choice of location, something that Caelie approved silently of. Strategy was another quality that a hunter needed to be successful in most hunts. As such, she appreciated seeing such traits in people. She followed Damian to the booth and chose a chair that faced the door and most of the rest of the bar. That meant that she would be sitting more beside Damian, than opposite him. Yes, it was indeed a good vantage point.

Les poured Damian some red wine, and asked Caelie about her choice. "I'll have a glass of club soda and lime," she said with a grateful nod. A purely non alcoholic drink would keep her head clear and her wits sharp. And it looked more or less like a vodka soda, so unless anyone had heard her order, which was very unlikely, she wouldn't be bothered with the "milk drinker" look people gave her when she said she didn't drink.

The chilled drink in her hand moments later, she watched the patrons of the bar as they came in, silently assessing them and making mental notes and assumptions. So far, they were noisy, but otherwise 'harmless'. She was aware, though, that one drink too many could eventually bring out the worst in a person, so the best thing to do was to wait and watch.

"The 'calm before the storm', though it is noisy for a 'calm'," Caelie said to Damian, her eyes darting from one group of patrons to another.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sachio
Member Avatar
Just Hanging Around

The fact that Caelie did not choose an alcoholic beverage made Damien feel even worse for accepting the wine. He already felt like it was an unprofessional choice, but now the woman who wasn't even a knight, chose a club soda. He stared at his glass intently for moment, before getting over it, and taking another sip. Damien's discipline would ensure his drink had no ill effect on his performance that night. That is if he only had this one glass...

"Let us hope the storm never truly comes." Damien's eyes focused on Caelie as he responded to her assessment of the current situation. The current group of patrons seemed like the average people who go out for a night of drinking and retire earlier on in the night. The real trouble were the ones that stayed longer and drank throughout the night. With the occasional glace at the group at the bar top, Damien figured some light conversation with Caelie would help move the night along. He had planned to read a book, since he was to be alone, but doing that now would only make him seem rude. "Are you not much of a drinker?" Damien's gaze drifted to Caelie's glass as he spoke to her. "I have nothing against club soda, but I would be lying if I said you aren't making me look bad, as a knight." Damien laughed quietly, as to lighten his words. He didn't want to sound like he was accusing her of anything, but rather he was just making a joke of the situation. "I like to think of myself as a wine connoisseur. I suppose I am quite far from that in reality. I am more of a man who just enjoys his wine." To extenuate his words, Damien swirled his remaining wine in the glass, and finished it with a final sip. "Hard to say no to a nice Cabernet."

As the night grew darker, the bar grew livelier. The dull roar of a crowd soon filled the small establishment, as well as a cheery tune played on what Damien assumed was a woodwind instrument. Although not a fan of crowds and loud areas, Damien couldn't help but feel ever so slightly more cheery. There would be no complaints on Damien's end if things stayed like this for the rest of the night. With more people coming in the door, and the alcohol flowing, Damien and Caelie were starting to attract attention. Every now and then someone would look int their direction. The look on their faces ranged from genuine interest, to suspicion. Damien noticed that Caelie was the one receiving the majority of the looks. This was to be expected. Caelie was attractive, and they were in a bar. Alcohol lowered inhibition in those who imbibe. This was only the start for her.

OOC
Edited by Sachio, Nov 21 2017, 02:35 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hadou
Member Avatar
WhAaAaAaAaAaAtTtT?!!!

OOC

It was expected that her choice of a non-alcoholic drink might prompt a question. Of course, Damien could only know that, since he was present when she made her order, so she wasn't really surprised when he asked. When he joked about her choice making him look bad as a knight, Caelie grinned, that kind of generous smile one step short of laughter. It wasn't like she didn't find him funny, but being in such a public space, where alcohol flowed freely and made people rowdy, she kind of felt a little more reticent than normal.

The smile lingered as she listened to him, idly shifting her glass so that the contents swirled softly within. "Yeah... it's hard to say no to good wine, I guess." She paused for a bit, before answering his question. "I won't deceive myself, Damien; alcohol and I don't mix too well. Let's just say that I prefer to be in complete control of my wits, especially when I'm outside. I can't stand embarrassing myself in public. It's like a phobia."

She took another sip of her cold drink and watched some of the patrons as they laughed raucously. "Besides, I have a small body. Technically, it would take a smaller amount of alcohol to get me inebriated than the average woman, so the less I take, the better for me." Her gaze shifted to fix on Damien. "And, I tender my apologies for making you look less... 'knighty'. I'm aware that knights are expected to be the very epitomes of good behavior, but you're allowed to let down your hair every once in a while, yes?"

For now, Caelie ignored those who stared at her. They would most likely initially stay off, since she was not alone at the table. However, trusting the devil known as alcohol, it was bound to cause one or two of them to throw caution to the winds and come over. Until then, they were really none of her concern.
Edited by Hadou, Nov 27 2017, 09:39 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sachio
Member Avatar
Just Hanging Around

There was a way to how Caelie spoke to Damien, that he found rather interesting. Most people would call that "attractive". She seemed quite 'down to earthland', which was comforting. Knowing his partner for the night was someone that he found charming to talk to, surely would help the night go by. "Let my hair down? I believe I already did by ordering the wine in the first place, did I not?" Damien tossed Caelie a playful smirk to accentuate his words. "I have a feeling that I will care even less about my knightly appearance, if I get another glass." He hadn't originally planned to have another, but if the owner offered another round, Damien was likely to indulge. He only hoped this wasn't included in the report when the mission was done.

"Tell me m-" Damien's words were stopped by a change in atmosphere in the bar. A soulful melody that could only be created with the ivories, cut through the air. The saxophone that soon accompanied the piano joined into the song smoothly, creating a lovely jazz ensemble. A breathy sigh escaped Damien's lips as he closed his eyes. A sigh of pleasure. It didn't take long for Damien's feet to start tapping and his head to ever so slightly nod to the music. Jazz was one of Damien's greatest enjoyments. "This might turn into my favorite bar at this rate." Damien said, still lost in the music. "I was about to ask you to tell me more about you, before someone with excellent taste distracted me." Perhaps it was the glass of wine, the music, or the pretty woman across from him, or a combination of the three, but Damien had loosened up at this point. Damien made eye contact with the bar owner from his seat, and offered a nod and a slight raise of his empty glass. Damien had grown bold in this short time.

Les brought over Damien's new glass of wine and then subsequently turned his attention to Caelie. "Anything for you, miss?" After taking her order, or lack there of, Les would leave their booth after giving Damien a heavy pat on the shoulder. Les wasn't concerned with Damien's order of a second glass, because he had faith in the knight's ability to carry out his job. Although Damien was clearly enjoying the music and becoming part of the bar atmosphere, Les could tell that there was conviction in Damien's heart. Les always thought himself to be a good judge of character.

"Back to our conversation. Go on talking about yourself. What brought you to Acacia? What made you cho-" Once again, Damien was interrupted, although this time it was a patron. A man who looked to be in his mid twenties, with messy dirty blond shoulder length hair, a thin goatee, and dressed in jeans and a white button shirt, approached Caelie's side of the booth. "Would the lady care to dance?" The man said, placing his hand on the top of the seat behind Caelie. "Or perhaps a drink?" Between the interruption and the attempt to bother Caelie, Damien was not thrilled about this intrusion. He knew it would happen eventually, but part of him wished it never would. Damien's eyes narrowed at the man, ever so slightly. His visage belied the annoyance and borderline anger that he truly felt. Normally he would get rid of the man himself, but he knew Caelie wasn't weak. She gave off a vibe of experience and strength. She was someone who had seen her fair share of danger and excitement, for sure. An inebriated man in a bar was the last thing she would likely be worried about. Damien relaxed a little and shrugged toward Caelie, letting her handle her own situation. He hoped the man wouldn't be too aggressive though, for his own sake...
Edited by Sachio, Nov 30 2017, 07:53 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hadou
Member Avatar
WhAaAaAaAaAaAtTtT?!!!

"Careful, Damien," Caelie replied in the light mood that currently existed between them. "You do have a reputation to protect."

Just as Damien was going to ask her something, a band began playing a calming tune. She tilted her head slightly and listened; the music was not too familiar to her, but she had heard it once or twice, and read about it even more: Jazz. And while she had no idea why such music would be called a strange name like that, what was more important was that this was one of the many music genres she appreciated. Caelie had a thing for soulful, gentle music.

Her eyes rested on Damien, who obviously delighted in the music, perhaps even more than herself. But he seemed interested to dwell less on the music and more on her. Was he... attracted towards her? Human relationships were quite knotty, in her opinion; who was to say if he was just being polite, or it was more than that? Be that as it may, she had realized that courtesy often saved one from many a convoluted situation, and helped to hide one's feelings and intentions from others. So, she would keep being nice and polite; it was after all her nature, and she would try not to make any assumptions. Even in the hunt, it was careless to jump to conclusions very early.

Having her glass still more than half-full, Caelie declined Les' offer with a smile, a simple shake of her head, and a simple "thank you very much." She watched Les return to the bar, just before Damien returned to his previous discussion. Once again, he was interrupted, but alas, it was by a less pleasant situation. Caelie looked up at the newcomer, wondering if it was the alcohol he'd taken that was rushing up to his head. Normally, she didn't expect any rational person to behave like he had done; if she decided to take him up on his offer, wouldn't that be rude to Damien?

To his credit, though, the man had not been rude or boorish in speech, so there was no need to behave in an uncivilized manner. "Well, thank you, kind sir, but I'd prefer to sit and listen to this type of music. And, I already have a drink in hand, so I'm afraid I'll have to respectfully decline your offer. You could join us in our chat, provided my friend approves."

She hadn't made that last statement in an attempt to be rid of the man, though she preferred if he went away. To Caelie, it was polite to offer someone an invitation, if the space availed itself. Actually, she was more or less clueless to how awkward the next moments would be, if the man took up her offer. Clearly, Damien would not be very willing to be chatty with him, but she didn't really realize that. Her social skills were awkward at best, and disastrous at any level beyond not-so-good.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Acacia · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

NSRP One Piece Explore Pokemon Godai TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RP FF:Adventure Scarlet Night Overtale, A Post-Pacifist Undertale RP Red Like RosesSengoku HorizonRorupurei
[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]