Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
NBA-My all time starting 5
Topic Started: Jun 8 2018, 05:24 AM (193 Views)
Snidely Whiplash
Member Avatar

Curry and Lebron didn't make my list. That's simply because while I believe they are very good, the level of competition isn't close to what we had in the league's golden era, early 80s to mid 90s. Lakers, Pistons, Celtics, 76ers, Bulls, Rockets, etc

Point - Magic
Shooting guard - MJ
Center - (toughest pick for me) Hakeem Olajuwon
Forward - Dr J
Forward - karl malone
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

U Thant
Member Avatar

Snidely Whiplash
Jun 8 2018, 05:24 AM
...the level of competition isn't close to what we had in the league's golden era...
ROFL

I swear, you casual fans need to be banned from commenting on NBA basketball. You fools only made things murkier with your couch-potato mindset.

Three (3) examples, are how 1)not even one person you listed had a career where years 10-15 were as phenomenal as Lebron's 10-15 plus 2)Jordan went the first eight (8) years of his career as a failure ---but none of the players who destroyed Jordan in those 8yrs, even made your list. lol. What does that say about Jordan's shortcomings? And speaking of 8yrs...

since it took Olajuwon 8yrs ('86-'94) to get back to the NBA Finals, then most of all in here 3)none of those players you listed have done what Lebron currently does; best player on the floor in eight (8) straight NBA Finals yep 8 straight ----where he has played against 20+ (21) Hall Of Fame players no doubt B-) and guess how many Hall Of Fame players Jordan played against in his six (6) trips to the NBA Finals?? HINT: far less than 21!

My teenaged daughter would out-debate you on NBA topics.
Edited by U Thant, Jun 11 2018, 09:44 AM.

Snidely Whiplash
Member Avatar

And what's funny is you don't even realize you validated my points.
The fact that lebron did the things he did (more on this) in the time he had, shows how weak the league is comparatively.
Who are the 14 Hall of Famers?

On Lebrons accomplishment, ummm, i wasn't wet behind the ears when I saw the greats from the golden era play. No way Magic, Jordan, or even Bird would allow the competition punk their respective teams, back to back, at home, in the Finals. No effing way.
Lebron is a good player. He aint creme de la creme of all-time players. I'd rank him somewhere between 8 and 20.
Now go finish your similac.
Edited by Snidely Whiplash, Jun 10 2018, 02:28 AM.

U Thant
Member Avatar

Snidely Whiplash
Jun 9 2018, 09:43 PM

Who are the 14 Hall of Famers?

Don't ask me. Count them up yourself, since you know who Lebron played in each of last 8 NBA Finals series. Just like how, you can also add up Jordan's Hall Of Fame opponents over his 6 NBA Finals series when he did NOT play against over 14 Hall Of Famers B-)

Quote:

On Lebrons accomplishment, ummm, i wasn't wet behind the ears when I saw the greats from the golden era play. No way Magic, Jordan, or even Bird

ROFL @ more proof that you casual fans need to be banned from commenting on NBA basketball.

FACT: Cavs ownership gutted the team in February and Lebron still made it to the NBA Finals with
FACT: Probably the weakest team to make an NBA Finals since the 1989 Lakers, featuring...
FACT: Cavs had zero none nada nunca Hall Of Fame players, outside of Lebron, whereas
FACT: Golden State has four (4) potential Hall Of Fame players and
FACT: Jordan had a Hall Of Fame teammate for his first 3 rings and he had two (2) Hall Of Fame teammates for his second 3 rings.
FACT: Magic had Kareem in Magic's rookie year when he won the NBA title. Magic also had seven (7) other Hall Of Fame teammates too, plus
FACT: Bird won the title in his 2nd season (1981) and guess how many Hall Of Fame teammates he had that season B-) and for the other seasons he made it to the NBA Finals?
Edited by U Thant, Jun 11 2018, 09:42 AM.

Snidely Whiplash
Member Avatar

Can't name those Hall of Famers you brought up huh. Typical. Next!

U Thant
Member Avatar

Can't touch those facts I busted your head open with, huh? Truth cut you too deep, huh? Typical??

FACT: Cavs ownership gutted the team in February and Lebron still made it to the NBA Finals with
FACT: Probably the weakest team to make an NBA Finals since the 1989 Lakers, featuring...
FACT: Cavs had zero none nada nunca Hall Of Fame players, outside of Lebron, whereas
FACT: Golden State has four (4) potential Hall Of Fame players and
FACT: Jordan had a Hall Of Fame teammate for his first 3 rings and he had two (2) Hall Of Fame teammates for his second 3 rings.
FACT: Magic had Kareem in Magic's rookie year when he won the NBA title. Magic also had seven (7) other Hall Of Fame teammates too, plus
FACT: Bird won the title in his 2nd season (1981) and guess how many Hall Of Fame teammates he had that season B-) and for the other seasons he made it to the NBA Finals?

Oh, and I might as well pile it on ---since I'm murdering you so badly up in here

(Duncan Ginobilli Parker) + (Dirk JKidd) + (Harden Durant Westbrook) + (Duncan Ginobilli Parker) + (Duncan Ginobilli Parker) + (Durant Curry Klay Draymond)*4 = 21

vs

(Magic ACGreen) + (Clyde JKersey) + (Barkley Marley) + (GP Detlef Kemp) + (Stockton Malone Hornacek)*2 = 14

B-)

Snidely Whiplash
Member Avatar

What a big dummy. And as usual you're proud of it. Is that list of players suppose to be Hall of Famers? Setting aside whatever that convoluted math (and I'm being generous) is, some of those players are active and can't be HOFers. Also, AC Green for example is not in the HOF. Why I even try to decipher your nonsense just makes me dumber. Fortunately I can recover.
Edited by Snidely Whiplash, Jun 10 2018, 11:56 PM.

Snidely Whiplash
Member Avatar

Lemme start with the greatest of all time, Magic. He was not only complete but made everybody else playing with him better. Damn those no-look passes were a thing of beauty.

Snidely Whiplash
Member Avatar

Dr J did it in 2 leagues. As with all my selections, they could "D" up and transition into scoring.

Snidely Whiplash
Member Avatar

Karl Malone, your prototypical power who knew how to make free throws.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply