Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
What sacrifice are you willing to make for black people
Topic Started: Apr 8 2018, 01:07 AM (2,637 Views)
James

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Afield Negro
Member Avatar
Administrator
Miriam Makeba was a great singer, but she was much more than a singer, she was also an activist. Miriam Makeba spoke out against Apartheid through her songs, and for that reason the South African Government banned her from living in that country. She lived in exile in other countries for 31 years, and during that time it was against the law for any person in South Africa to own a picture of her, and any person caught with a picture of her could be arrested and face jail time. Her songs were also banned in South Africa during Apartheid.

Posted Image

Miriam Makeba and Winnie Mandela together.

Posted Image

She made a song honoring Malcolm X.

Afield Negro
Member Avatar
Administrator
Hugh Masekela is a music legend, he was one of the greatest jazz musicians in the world. He was one of the most popular musicians on the African continent, but Hugh Masekela was much more than a musician, he was also an activist.

The suffering and oppression that blacks were facing in South Africa bothered him, and he used his songs to speak out against it, and for that reason the South African Government banned him from living in that country, and he lived in exile for 30 years. While living in exile his songs were banned in South Africa. Also while living in exile his mother died and he was not allowed to go back to South Africa to attended her funeral, and he said that's something that bothered him his whole life, he never got over that. But until he died he continued speaking out against injustice done to blacks.

Posted Image

Afield Negro
Member Avatar
Administrator
Malcolm X speaking on his support of the Mau Mau.

Nat Turner
Member Avatar

I'm willing to sacrifice my life to see black people free and moving in the right direction.

Harriet Tubman
Member Avatar

Nat Turner
May 17 2018, 11:22 PM
I'm willing to sacrifice my life to see black people free and moving in the right direction.
I'm also willing to lay down my life to see black people moving in the right direction.

Marcus
Member Avatar

I love and respect all of these black people for the sacrifice they made for black people.

Keshawn

Love requires a sacrifice.

Muhammad
Member Avatar

Keshawn
Jul 26 2018, 11:12 AM
Love requires a sacrifice.
That's true.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply