Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Analysis: How Trump set up Obamacare to fail
Topic Started: Oct 11 2017, 03:35 PM (63 Views)
catdaddy25
Member Avatar

President Trump has said that he wants Obamacare to implode, which he hopes would reignite the stalled congressional effort to repeal it. He isn’t just sitting around waiting for that to happen. His administration halved the length of open enrollment. They slashed spending on advertising and assistance programs. They pulled out of outreach events at the last minute.

The entire health care law could be at stake. Advertising and outreach are primarily targeted to younger and healthier people, who are essential to the law’s goal of affordable insurance coverage for all Americans. If their enrollment drops while older, sicker people keep signing up, premiums are going to increase even more next year.

It’s the start of a death spiral, a self-perpetuating cycle of price hikes and falling enrollment — which is exactly what Trump has said he wants.

“I think what this cumulative activity can do is start that death spiral,” Kathleen Sebelius, President Obama’s health and human services secretary during the ACA’s first open enrollment, told me.

Obamacare supporters are already conceding that as a result of these cuts, they likely won’t be able to match last year’s 12 million sign-ups. “I don’t actually think that’s possible anymore,” Lori Lodes, who worked on Obamacare enrollment in the Obama administration, told me.

We will know by December 15, the end of this year’s open enrollment period, how much the White House has succeeded in gutting Obamacare. By embracing this strategy, the Trump administration has put its political goals ahead of the millions of people who depend on the ACA for insurance.

“I really do think what they want to be able to do is come out on December 16 and say, ‘See, we told you Obamacare is imploding; it’s failing,’” Lodes said. “When the reality is they are going to be responsible because of the decisions they’ve made to undermine open enrollment.”
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/healthcare/analysis-how-trump-set-up-obamacare-to-fail/ar-AAtikG2?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Snidely Whiplash
Member Avatar

Obamacare is spiralling down, long before Trump became President. At best the president is accelerating it's inevitable collapse. For that I applaud the President.
MAGA

catdaddy25
Member Avatar

Snidely Whiplash
Oct 12 2017, 04:25 AM
Obamacare is spiralling down, long before Trump became President. At best the president is accelerating it's inevitable collapse. For that I applaud the President.
MAGA
That's because trump took up where the republicans under the Obama admin left off...

Nathan B. Forrest
Member Avatar

catd,

I'm trying to figure out the need for msn.com to even publish this story when you consider the fact that Trump's replacement plan for Obamacare is so, anti-American, to whereas now GOP Congressmen even refuse to join forces with Trump in his effort to repeal Obamacare.

Throw in the fact that Trump just, three (3) days ago, called up Chuck and other top Dems to ask them if he can come hang out with them and embrace Obamacare.

catdaddy25
Member Avatar

Nathan B. Forrest
Oct 12 2017, 10:54 PM
catd,

I'm trying to figure out the need for msn.com to even publish this story when you consider the fact that Trump's replacement plan for Obamacare is so, anti-American, to whereas now GOP Congressmen even refuse to join forces with Trump in his effort to repeal Obamacare.

Throw in the fact that Trump just, three (3) days ago, called up Chuck and other top Dems to ask them if he can come hang out with them and embrace Obamacare.
trump know that the democrats are weak and he is as always confusing the issue by making the fall of Obamacare the fault of democrats... trump supporters will believe his lie before they will believe the truth of anyone else. That's why there is no outrage about him allowing Russia to help him run our country...

Nathan B. Forrest
Member Avatar

True, indeed.

Snidely Whiplash
Member Avatar

catdaddy25
Oct 13 2017, 11:06 AM
Nathan B. Forrest
catd,

trump know that the democrats are weak and he is as always confusing the issue by making the fall of Obamacare the fault of democrats... trump supporters will believe his lie before they will believe the truth of anyone else. That's why there is no outrage about him allowing Russia to help him run our country...
Ya almost had me. I was reading your post as if you have a certain level of credibility.
Then I got to this, “That's why there is no outrage about him allowing Russia to help him run our country...”
That reminded me you are a dingbat so I'll just smile at the deranged.

Nathan B. Forrest
Member Avatar

Snidely Whiplash
Oct 14 2017, 04:05 AM
catdaddy25
Nathan B. Forrest
catd,

...trump supporters will believe his lie before they will believe the truth of anyone else. ...

I was reading your post as if you have a certain level of credibility.
...not surprised...

When you didn't list this, as an element where he lacked credibility B-)

catdaddy25
Member Avatar

Snidely Whiplash
Oct 14 2017, 04:05 AM
catdaddy25
Nathan B. Forrest
catd,

Ya almost had me. I was reading your post as if you have a certain level of credibility.
Then I got to this, “That's why there is no outrage about him allowing Russia to help him run our country...”
That reminded me you are a dingbat so I'll just smile at the deranged.
You are just player hate-ing cause my statement pointed you out as a trump sucker...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Politics & Government · Next Topic »
Add Reply