Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Dr. King didn't blindly support one political party
Topic Started: Oct 27 2016, 10:23 PM (10,068 Views)
Mario

Stephanie
Nov 12 2016, 12:56 AM
The more that I read about Martin Luther King Jr, the more that I realize that we don't have any real black leaders today.
I don't see anybody around here today that I would even call a black leader.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Big Mike

He was a smart brother.

California
Member Avatar

We are all still learning new things about Dr. King, thanks for this information.

Mario

Dr. King was an open minded person, and that's what it takes to be a real leader.

catdaddy25
Member Avatar

Martin Luther King Jr. writes this about the 1964 Republican National Convention:
"The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism. All people of goodwill viewed with alarm and concern the frenzied wedding at the Cow Palace of the KKK with the radical right. The “best man” at this ceremony was a senator whose voting record, philosophy, and program were anathema to all the hard-won achievements of the past decade. Senator Goldwater had neither the concern nor the comprehension necessary to grapple with this problem of poverty in the fashion that the historical moment dictated. On the urgent issue of civil rights, Senator Goldwater represented a philosophy that was morally indefensible and socially suicidal. While not himself a racist, Mr. Goldwater articulated a philosophy which gave aid and comfort to the racist. His candidacy and philosophy would serve as an umbrella under which extremists of all stripes would stand. In the light of these facts and because of my love for America, I had no alternative but to urge every Negro and white person of goodwill to vote against Mr. Goldwater and to withdraw support from any Republican candidate that did not publicly disassociate himself from Senator Goldwater and his philosophy."

Do still hold Dr King in high reguards trump suckers...

Marcus
Member Avatar

Catdaddy it was the Bull Connor and the Democrats putting dogs and water hoses on black people. Racist George Wallace was a Democrat. Those racist died a Democrat.

catdaddy25
Member Avatar

catdaddy25
Nov 25 2016, 04:43 PM
Martin Luther King Jr. writes this about the 1964 Republican National Convention:
"The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism. All people of goodwill viewed with alarm and concern the frenzied wedding at the Cow Palace of the KKK with the radical right. The “best man” at this ceremony was a senator whose voting record, philosophy, and program were anathema to all the hard-won achievements of the past decade. Senator Goldwater had neither the concern nor the comprehension necessary to grapple with this problem of poverty in the fashion that the historical moment dictated. On the urgent issue of civil rights, Senator Goldwater represented a philosophy that was morally indefensible and socially suicidal. While not himself a racist, Mr. Goldwater articulated a philosophy which gave aid and comfort to the racist. His candidacy and philosophy would serve as an umbrella under which extremists of all stripes would stand. In the light of these facts and because of my love for America, I had no alternative but to urge every Negro and white person of goodwill to vote against Mr. Goldwater and to withdraw support from any Republican candidate that did not publicly disassociate himself from Senator Goldwater and his philosophy."

Do still hold Dr King in high reguards trump suckers...
marcus, what does that have to do with Dr King.....?

Marcus
Member Avatar

Catdaddy Dr. King was friends with Republican Richard Nixon.

catdaddy25
Member Avatar

marcus, Dr King had a open mind and he said the republicans are racist and he urge us not to support the republicans.

Marcus
Member Avatar

Catdaddy Dr. King was friends with Republican Richard Nixon, Dr. King supported Republican president Dwight Eisenhower.

Most of the votes against the Civil Rights Act of 1964 came from the Democratic party.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Politics & Government · Next Topic »
Add Reply