Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Guilty Pleasures; Whatever Floats your Boats
Topic Started: Dec 21 2011, 12:03 AM (61,473 Views)
Doctor Magnus Warlock
Member Avatar

Hello folks,

A not so new topic has popped in my magnificent cranium.

I just got back from exercising my extremely impressive physique.

As my endorphins started to kicked in, I found myself thinking about all the hobbies I like to engage in.

I love sci-fi, action movies, comics, anime, pro wrestling, people watching, Maury paternity results, sports, and other stuff.

I will post some funny YouTube stuff of some of the things that interest me before one of my alter egos takes control of my body, and goes for a spin.

You know of at least two of my alter egos: The Chocolate Love God & The Dread Zen-Guru.

Folks, feel free to post any of your guilty pleasures. Things that help you unwind, and put you in a peaceful place.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Doctor Magnus Warlock
Member Avatar

I love me some anime.

Dragon Ball Z is a personal favorite. I love the insane power ups some of the characters go through.

Here is a personal favorite.

Doctor Magnus Warlock
Member Avatar

Music is another pleasure. Music is the universal language.

Here is one of my shower songs.

Doctor Magnus Warlock
Member Avatar

Here is another shower song.

Deleted User
Deleted User

My Guilty Pleasures I don't consider Guilty.

Anime, Manga, Metal, Pre-90s music, computers, RPGS and MMOS, FPSes, Japanese, Chinese and Scandinavian Culture as a whole. Oh, and Longcoats. Thanks a lot, Arakawa-san.

My personal favorite Heavy Metal band is a Finnish Band named Wintersun. They're awesome.

Computers? Give me anything by Asus.

My favorite Anime/Manga is Fullmetal Alchemist. It's a good twist of Dark themes, action, steampunk, and a perfect dash of humor. My second favorite Manga is Rurouni Kenshin, a Historical Fiction with a nice dash of humor once again. Although I hate how in the first few chapters the main character godmodes in RK.

I used to like Pokemon, I still do, I just don't play the games anymore.

I love Skyrim. And I used to play WoW until Blizz decided to appeal to the Casual players. -_-

Why am I so obsessed with Japanese, Chinese, and Scandinavian culture? I'm just fascinated by them. They all have a strict code of Honor, strong culture, and noble warriors. Yes, even the Vikings were noble, even if they got high off of mushrooms and owned your town. The Samurai were savage as fuck when they fought, and so were Chinese warriors. But they both came home and then acted like Gentlemen, and wrote poetry. Very interesting.

I don't have too many Alter Egos... I'm just Katana. But I can be Gunnhild Bjornsdottir if I get mad. I don't know why...

And that's it. I don't really read/watch American Comic Books, but I did watch "The Next Avengers" this one time when I was bored. It was ok. I like Thor, but you guys are doing it wrong. The real Thor from Norse mythology had red hair and a beard. And was more rugged than the Comic Book Thor. Just a little trivia.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Also, my personal Hero is Hiromu Arakawa, because she's a woman and somehow she was able to write a badass Manga series without the Sexist Society of Japan shooting her down.

Favorite Game of all time has to be Red Dead Redemption.
Quote Post Goto Top

VoiceofReason

Besides martial arts, sci-fi & B-movies...
My guilty pleasure:
If it rains on a Wednesday, I take the day off work and go see whatever is playing at the movies. And I don't tell anyone in my family I played hookey from work. :)
Edited by VoiceofReason, Dec 21 2011, 02:38 AM.

kennyinbmore
Member Avatar

The Jerry Springer Show. No matter what happens in my life , I know it's not as fucked up as those people :D Oh and the Bad Girls Club. Nothing makes my day more than some skanks kicking each other's asses over bullshit :D
Edited by kennyinbmore, Dec 21 2011, 10:06 AM.

tayter80
Member Avatar

-Music. I've got everything from Beethoven to Young Jeezy on my Ipod.
-Old movies. I can watch TCM all day...
-Martha Stewart
-Fashion, especially shoes!
-Pole dancing
-The Real Housewives shows
-Anime
-Gossip Sites

kennyinbmore
Member Avatar

tayter80
Dec 21 2011, 11:02 AM
-Music. I've got everything from Beethoven to Young Jeezy on my Ipod.
-Old movies. I can watch TCM all day...
-Martha Stewart
-Fashion, especially shoes!
-Pole dancing
-The Real Housewives shows
-Anime
-Gossip Sites
I didn't want to admit to the Housewives shows. I might lose my man card. :D Them bitches is crazy though :P

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply