|List of Marcus Garvey's achievements|
|Topic Started: Nov 5 2011, 02:01 PM (15,779 Views)|
|Afield Negro||Nov 5 2011, 02:01 PM Post #1|
Marcus Garvey was one of the greatest black leaders we ever had. He organized more black people than any other black leader in the world. Marcus Garvey said that black people will never become successful depending on whites or other races of people, he said that as black people we must come together and do for self. I'm going to list some of Marcus Garvey's achievements.
1. Marcus Garvey built factories, and his factories made clothes and they also made black dolls for black kids to play with.
2. He built a hotel.
3. He built a chain of grocery stores.
4. His organization had their own trucking company.
5. He built schools.
6. He built restaurants.
7. His organization had their own printing press.
8. He started 3 newspapers.
9. His main newspaper was called the Negro World, and that newspaper was published in English, Spanish and French.
10. His organization bought 3 ships and they started practicing international trade and commerce.
11. Marcus Garvey's organization owned office buildings.
12. His organization also bought an auditorium in New York, and that's where Garvey did most of his speaking and that place was called Liberty Hall.
13. By 1922 Marcus Garvey organization had 6 million members.
14. His organization had over 900 branches in 40 different countries.
15. Marcus Garvey also started his own political party, and he named it The Peoples Political Party.
16. Marcus Garvey was the first black leader to teach black people to love themselves, and be proud of their heritage.
17. Kwame Nkrumah became the first president of Ghana, and he said that Marcus Garvey was his hero and his biggest influence. Nkrumah named Ghana's shipping line the Black Star Shipping line in honor of Marcus Garvey. He also named Ghana's soccer team the Black Stars.
18. Jomo Kenyatta became the first president of Kenya, and he also said that Marcus Garvey was a major influence on him.
19. Nnamdi Azikiwe became the first president of Nigeria, and said that Marcus Garvey was a major influence on him. He said that reading Garvey's Negro World shaped his view.
20. Julius Nyerere became the first president of Tanzania, and he also said that Garvey's teachings was a major influence on him.
21. Malcolm X parents were members of Marcus Garvey organization.
22. The honorable Elijah Muhammad the leader of the Nation of Islam praised Marcus Garvey. He said that Garvey was the forerunner and laid the foundation for what the Nation of Islam is doing. He said that they are carrying on the work of Garvey.
23. Marcus Garvey said that his organization employed 1000's of people through the businesses that they created.
Marcus Garvey did all of that without any help from white people or the Government, and he did it with an 8th grade education. He did this during a time when there were no televisions or computers.
Kwame Nkrumah quote on Garvey.
Jomo Kenyatta quote on Garvey.
Malcolm X quote on Marcus Garvey.
Martin Luther King Jr quote on Marcus Garvey.
Edited by Afield Negro, Feb 9 2014, 12:57 AM.
|Minister Of Information||Nov 6 2011, 12:47 AM Post #2|
Now that's what you call a real black leader, compared to Marcus Garvey we don't have any real black leaders today he was
doing more than just talking.
|Knowledge||Nov 6 2011, 03:21 PM Post #3|
I found this speech by Marcus Garvey it's very powerful.
Edited by Knowledge, Nov 6 2011, 03:21 PM.
|Mario||Nov 7 2011, 04:33 AM Post #4|
||The NAACP was Marcus Garvey enemy, the NAACP did everything they could to stop Marcus Garvey and his movement. The NAACP even started working hand and hand with the U.S. Government to try and stop Marcus Garvey.|
|jonsavant||Nov 7 2011, 12:51 PM Post #5|
We are doing it. I have a radio show on the internet (3 years & running) dedicated to the teaching & beliefs of Marcus Garvey each Wed 7pm CST 8pm EST check out
www.harambeeradio.com - click "Live" button. REAL4LIFE/ w/J. Black. We are doing it
another way out of Atlanta - www.blackbusinessnetwork.com/jonsavant - Sign in & Sign up
at no cost to you. The complete history is on the site. Click the Red/Black/Green Flag.
|Black Republican||Nov 7 2011, 12:58 PM Post #6|
||Marcus Garvey is saying the samething that we black Conservatives are saying, he's saying that blacks must do for self and not look for other people to do something for them.|
|Nat Turner||Nov 7 2011, 01:08 PM Post #7|
Marcus Garvey is a big hero in Jamaica, but Garvey did his greatest work here in America. The blacks in America don't honor and respect him. But the blacks in Jamaica do, Bob Marley always praised Garvey in his songs.
|cisslybee2012||Nov 7 2011, 06:46 PM Post #8|
So what's the problem Ken?
What's going on with black men today?
|New York||Nov 7 2011, 06:53 PM Post #9|
Al Sharpton and the black Democrats are telling black people to march on white people for jobs, they are telling black people to march on the Government for jobs.
Marcus Garvey would disown those begging Negros for telling black people to do that.
|cisslybee2012||Nov 7 2011, 07:04 PM Post #10|
So Al Sharpton is the reason black men are the way they are today?
|1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)|
|Go to Next Page|
|« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »|