Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Sin is starting a new RP!
Welcome to Espada of Alexandria. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Interested?
Yes 5 (100%)
No 0 (0%)
Total Votes: 5
System?
Yes 2 (40%)
No 1 (20%)
I'd like more info but lean towards Yes 0 (0%)
I'd like more info, leaning towards No 0 (0%)
It needs to be exactly like DND, just let us change flavor text (Acid Orb to Acid Dragon's Jizz) 0 (0%)
I'd rather use a more complex system 0 (0%)
I'd rather use a less complex system 2 (40%)
Total Votes: 5
What Character should I use?
Bring back Adam Steinnman, the Earth Dragon Slayer 0 (0%)
Do anything that's not one of the Slayers or otherwise uncreative/overpowered 2 (100%)
Use a Martial Artist but make him magical somehow 0 (0%)
Make somethin' fuckin' wacky like outta Jojo 0 (0%)
Do something absolutely useless and then find a way to make it good 0 (0%)
I don't care man, surprise me 0 (0%)
Total Votes: 2
Gryphon Wing: The Revived Interest Check; Fairy Tail Themed RP, BattleMages Galore
Topic Started: December 23, 2017, 8:43 pm (374 Views)
Onime No Ryu
Member Avatar
I'll be your Undertaker this evening
Okay so Matt wants me to make a Fairy Tail RP and some other people were like "yeah that was cool I miss that" and even though I'm not sure I'll have time for it I'm in one of those moods where the ideas bounce around in my head so if I don't do something with it I'll go crazy. The Fairy Tail manga has finished, however, so there is the possibility that if you're not already familiar with the series, some things will be spoiled for you. Maybe not, since I don't plan to tie the main story to canon in any real important way--for instance, Black Mage Zeref might be mentioned in some capacity, because he's basically a historical-tier Dark Lord figure in the world's lore, but I doubt I'd go into some of the other stuff that gets revealed about him in the main story.

The thing is, I don't think I can really use the honor system anymore in RPs. It's just too boring to me, especially if I'm the one running it, because I just don't think we have the skill as a group (not to bring you guys down but come on, we've been writing together for years) to create meaningful narrative tension. Without the dice fucking things up for us occaisonally, there's never any impending sense of threat or any thrill of overcoming a challenge. The MCs win all the time with no effort, and our writing isn't advanced enough to challenge some of the traits inherent in those kinds of characters like the One Punch Man/Mob Psycho/etc type stories do. Plus you guys have never seemed interested in "deep philosophical implications" anyway and just wanna hit stuff til it dies, so I might as well use systems like d20 that focus a lot on combat instead of trying to change your writing styles to suit my personal tastes.

With that said, I'm gonna try to keep this as simple as possible. Most of the complex stuff won't be about the stats or about fighting, but rather for creating the magic. Because Fairy Tail is all about magic, and you guys are way more creative than Hiro Mashima was, although a lot of folks give him flak when the man isn't honestly that bad at what he does. He definitely draws some fucking bangin' women.

STATS:
Gonna use the typical d20 array here. Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, Charisma. However, Magic in the Fairy Tail series is not solely about studying spellbooks and wearing loose robes. Therefore each Stat will still heavily effect your combat and magic related abilities, though they'll still be specialized to an extent. More than likely I'll give you guys some kinda point pool or point-buy system, or I may just say fuck it and go with the elite array. But these will be things we've seen before, so I don't think I'll really need to explain them much further.

EQUIPMENT:
Equipment isn't as important in Fairy Tail as it would be in pretty much anything else that used the same setting, because Fairy Tail is anime. It doesn't matter if Natsu never wears a shirt, he's supposed to be tough so he can tank hits that would kill somebody wearing full plate. What I will probably do is "tie" weapons and such into the magic system in some way--after all, most Mages in Fairy Tail who use a weapon only do so because it facilitates their abilities in some way. Erza's whole magic is focused around changing out weapons and armor, so they might as well be her spells. Other folks use specific tools that only do one thing, so that might as well be their magic too. So don't expect to be looting a lot of +1 Swords and such, or to base your character's fashion sense around their equipment needs.

EXP:
We'll probably level with some form of the DND system. Or whenever the fuck I feel like it. Level ups will probably go towards increasing stats more than anything, since the magic will be kind of free-form even if it has "costs," and your ability to use magic will depend on your stats.

MAGIC:
This is what you all came to see. If you played my DUSK RP some of these concepts might be familiar. Here's what we're gonna do to start: When we've assigned our stats, we'll look at our modifiers for those stats. Example, You have +2 STR, +1 DEX, +0 CON, +1 INT, +2 WIS, +0 CHA. Now add them up--you have a total of 6. Multiply that by 10, and you will now have a new value to represent your Magic Power. Magic Power is going to function as both a point pool and a magic meter--it will determine how badass your spells can be, and also how often you can cast them.

Now that we have the fuel we're going to burn, we're going to design the specs for our vehicles. Let's use a very basic spell from the series as an example, Natsu Dragneel's "Fire Dragon's Iron Fist." This spell basically lights Natsu's fist on fire, adding power to his punch. Can't get more simple than that. But what are the Traits of this most basic of basic spells?

Damage. It's a punch, so it's Bludgeoning damage. It's one of Natsu's most basic moves, so its initial damage is probably pretty standard--in DND terms, let's say a 1d6.

Range. It's obviously a Melee ranged attack. In DND terms, it'd be "immediately adjacent" to a target on the map grid.

Effect. It's a fire themed attack, so it can burn things.
-Time. Because it has an Effect, that effect has to have a time duration. How long does this spell burn things? I've never seen it really used to cause a damage over time effect, so let's assume it's Immediate. The burn damage is applied at the same time as the regular damage and then isn't applied any more after that.
-Element. Because it has an effect, it probably has an element. Certain effects would probably be tied to elements--fire burns, ice is cold, etc. But in the grand scheme of things, elements don't seem important to damage values and most other things--they probably would, however, determine compatibility against opponents or the ability to perform Unison Raid with an ally.

Modifier. This is a punch, so more than likely the best modifier to apply to this would be a Strength score. Natsu certainly isn't intelligent, yet he can still use powerful magic because his magic itself is based around other factors. In the Fairy Tail world, "magic" is the personal and individualized result of combining the "natural energy" in your body with the "energy of nature" in the atmosphere around you.

Conditions. This is a very simple spell, so it doesn't really have any conditions. But in the Fairy Tail world, some magics have what they call "Taboos." For instance, a character who uses an outlawed magic that allows him to possess and control human beings cannot possess a non-humanoid being, or else he will permanently fuse to that being, and then die if he is ever separated from it. A character who uses Time magic can rewind time, but at the cost of their own lifespan. For the sake of RPing, these Conditions won't refer to only things that can kill you, but instead different kinds of drawbacks that, at the same time, will grant you a little leeway.

So let's use our same example before, a character that has 60 Magic Power because of their stat modifiers. And let's see how I'm going to set up Natsu's "Fire Dragon's Iron Fist" under this system. In terms of dice, DND only uses a few types, but if we include more possibilities, we can have 1 dice with a number of sides ranging from 2-20 even if it's kinda wacky (1d5 or 1d19 for example) and past 20 it starts jumping a bit because geometry. So let's say the type of dice you use is an equal cost--1d2 will cost 2 points, a 1d6 would cost 6 points.

If the Damage of Fire Dragon's Iron Fist is 1d6, that's 6 points.
If the Range of Fire Dragon's Iron Fist is 1d2 (the "square" you're in or right next to you) that's 2 points.
If the Effect of Fire Dragon's Iron Fist is Burning Damage, let's just say it does 1d4, so 4 points.
If the Time Duration for the Burning Damage is basically immediate, that's 0 points.
If the Element of Fire Dragon's Iron Fist is Fire, there's no real need for a cost. It just won't do well against Water, Ice, etc. 0 points.
If the Modifier of Fire Dragon's Iron Fist is Strength, let's just give that a standard value of 10 points. Because a Modifier will make this spell's damage go up higher and higher as time goes on, so we might as well give it a high value off the bat to even that out.
There's no Condition for Fire Dragon's Iron Fist, so the mage will pay full cost with no discounts for this spell.

Fire Dragon's Iron Fist is a melee ranged spell that will do 1d6+1d4+STR Fire-type damage on a successful hit (a range of 4-12).
The total cost for Fire Dragon's Iron Fist is 6+2+4+10, so 22 points total.

When a mage with the spell Fire Dragon's Iron Fist has 60 Magic Power, he can use Fire Dragon's Iron Fist twice before he's out of juice and has to use lesser spells. If, for whatever reason, he DESIGNS a spell that costs more than 60 Magic Power, however, he can't use it. I won't stop you from DESIGNING whatever spell you want, but your Magic Power will determine which spells you can USE, and HOW OFTEN.

If you want to adjust these Traits, feel free. Maybe your Telekinesis Spell has a Weight trait instead of Damage, so the 1d6 or whatever just represents the range of pounds in increments of 10 you can move. Maybe the "Damage" on a Healing spell reflects how much HP it restores.

Another thing, if you want to adjust spells ON THE FLY, feel free to do that. I'd like to have the spells written out with a standard on the character sheet, just for quick reference. But what if a character decides they just want to love tap someone, or they wanna pour all their power into a big, dramatic attack? Then just increase the Damage of Fire Dragon's Iron Fist to a 1d20 and spend 20 points on it! You'd end up spending 32 points, blowing through half your 60 Magic Power points in one attack, but if it hits you'd be doing anywhere from 4 to 26 points of damage--if you max out, that's more than twice the original value. If we can come up with some ways to push things in your favor--an ally casting a buff spell that increases your chance to hit a critical, etc--then that could make an excellent option for high-risk, high-reward, high-tension combat and make good stories.

So are any of you interested in this?
PM Online Member Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Onime No Ryu
Member Avatar
3 out of the 4 votes, at this point everyone who isn't me, are already pushing back against the complexity of the system. So answer these questions for me, otherwise we're sticking with what we've got because I can't read your minds. I don't mean to sound crabby it's just that I'm literally trying to push you guys to make your own decisions from the get-go here because if I'm gonna put the effort into this while trying to work in my non-free time I can't afford to waste my own time so you're gonna have to deal with some delegation.

The Honor system's just not going to work. I refuse to use it. Can you handle that?

What specific aspect about what we've got so far is too complex for you? Name it. Stats? Magic? Using points to power spells? What?

If you don't like it, what is your suggestion for fixing it? Be very specific. I cannot and will not spend hours trying every possible variable only for you to tell me "No I don't like that either" over and over. Tell me YOUR idea.

If your dislike is from a lack of information or understanding, what do I need to do to convince you? Name it. Be very specific. Tell me exactly what you want in as few words as possible. If I ask for clarification afterwards, then use more words than you did the first time and go more in depth.

Read every question above, restate it in your own words. Read it again, consider its meaning, consider what you are interpreting it as. Ask me if you are unsure if my words mean the same thing as your words. The final question, after you have considered all of the above, is Can You Answer These Questions and Do These Things For Me? If your answer is no, then we are using the system I've already thought of.

"Onime you're doing that thing where you act like a jerk again and you're speaking to us like children."

Yes, I probably am. But I assure you I'm 100% not actually pissed off--this is a legit thing I've been trying to do lately, and that is be Direct, Assertive, and Exact. I'm not trying to be mean about it, I'm trying to present you guys with questions and information that are as direct as a linear gunshot to the face, because I don't want to step on eggshells while we dance around an issue. This is nothing more than me putting the questions on the paper and handing them to you--like a math test. There are no emotions in math.

Because I honestly am kinda hyped that some of you actually wanted me to do an RP even though I'm not super fond of running them, solely because it might mean you guys actually like me instead of tolerating me, so don't let me do this if it's gonna be all fucked up from the start cause I'm trying to take time outta working to figure this stuff out for you and after today I have a whole week ahead of me where I'm gonna be working for 9 hours--admittedly that's not the hard part--dealing with families who are in their darkest, most despairing times. My job ain't hard, it ain't backbreaking. My job is hectic and it is EXTREMELY EMOTIONALLY TAXING. Please respect that.

Kazemitsu
Member Avatar
Assassin
I'm not fond of health points or stat points in any rp. Take out those points and it's less complex since you don't have to math at all and it becomes less tedious for everyone. It's probably just me though.
Posted Image
PM Offline Member Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Onime No Ryu
Member Avatar
Kazemitsu
December 25, 2017, 8:24 am
I'm not fond of health points or stat points in any rp. Take out those points and it's less complex since you don't have to math at all and it becomes less tedious for everyone. It's probably just me though.
Without those it's honor system, and I just can't do that anymore because it's not fun to me. There's no tension, no questions of whether or not someone will die or if they'll succeed on any kind of "skill test" to overcome an obstacle. We COULD create tension without the solely physical threats--without the threat of a character dying in a fight, without the threat of things going badly for someone else if the party doesn't solve a puzzle or complete a journey within a time limit--but those types of tension can only involve the emotional and interaction aspects of a story. Non-physical conflicts, and thus tensions, are linked to things like a romantic "Will they or won't they?," question or a "Will this character hold true to his values, or will he abandon them? For what or who's sake will he abandon them if he chooses to do so?" And our stories, no offense, just aren't good enough to use those types of conflicts to their fullest extent.

Hell, you guys don't even do this to figure out man's innermost nature or have your characters make kissy faces at each other. You do this cause you like to fight stuff. And this is how you make fighting stuff exciting--by throwing in the possibility that you can die doing it. To die we need health points, to determine whether or not we die we need checks and balances, for those to work right we need stats. For magic to work within this system, then magic also has to play by rules that are related to the stats.

Sin
Member Avatar
Slow and steady...
As long as it's not so complex that I need to take a day off to make a character (NT's Fallout RP), then I really don't care.

Onime No Ryu
Member Avatar
Okay, so here's some stuff I got ironed out.

STATS:
When deciding your character's stats, at Level 1 you will NOT use a pool of points or any formulas. The only thing that matters are the Modifiers, so we are going to apply them directly. A Modifier can be positive (+) or negative (-), and obviously the higher your positive modifier the more bonuses you will get on certain checks and spells. When applying the Modifiers you can do it however you wish, but at the end they MUST add up to no more than +7 total! So if you have a +5 in one stat, and a +2 in another stat, in order to get any other positive modifiers you will have to apply a negative modifier somewhere else. You have six stats, so anyone who wants to be a jack of all trades will still have a +2 in one stat for sure. Because of this, before adding any feats or racial bonuses, everyone should have 70 Magic Points that they can use on spells.

When you make a spell, you can choose to have a Modifier from your stats effect it--but to prevent everyone from just choosing their highest stat to scale with, certain Stats can only Modify certain types of spells. So the question isn't WHICH stat you're using to modify a spell, it's whether or not that stat modifier is IN USE. As for which does what: STRENGTH modifies Melee-ranged Spells/attacks, and any checks that involve muscular ability or brute force. DEXTERITY modifies Avoid Class, Long-range Spells/attacks, Reflex Saves, and any checks that involve speed or coordination. CONSTITUTION modifies Fortitude Saves, spells that buff Defense or Magic Resistance, and any checks that involve physical health or endurance. INTELLIGENCE modifies any spells that buff attack power or speed, and checks that involve academic knowledge or logical deduction. WISDOM modifies spells that perceive information in the surroundings or see through illusions, and checks that involve practical knowledge or common sense. CHARISMA modifies Will Saves, spells that enforce control or create illusions, and any checks involving negotiation ability or deceptions.

RACES:
Out of the different creatures that appear in the Fairy Tail world, these are the only ones I felt should qualify as playable races.
Humans

Demons

Exceed

FEATS:
At Character Creation, you can select 3 Feats, or 4 if you're a Human. These Feats will sometimes add onto your Stats, or your Spells, or give you certain Bonuses on certain types of checks, etc. If you see any you think should be changed, or want me to add some more, or whatever, just let me know. I stole most of 'em from NTNP's Fallout RP.
Feat List

CHARACTER SHEET AND EXAMPLE:
I stole this from Sin, I do that a lot. Also as a note, I'll probably just straight up rip some images from the internet for pictures a lot now because I'm too pressed for time and too lazy to draw all the NPCs and such that I'm going to need.
Character Sheet Code

Example Character
Edited by Onime No Ryu, December 26, 2017, 5:23 pm.

Kazemitsu
Member Avatar
Assassin
Name:
Kaze

Race:
Human
Humans are the most common and prosperous race, adaptable and well-versed in magic. +10 Magic Power, +1 Feat at Level 1.

Theme:
Insert Music

Appearance:
Height: 6'4* Weight: 265* Eyes: Amber

Background:
Derp

Attributes:
Level: 1
HP: 13
AC: 15
MP: 80
STR: +3
DEX: +1
CON: +3
INT: 0
WIS: +1
CHA: 0

Feats:
Quick Casting - Reduce the Magic Power cost of all spells by -5, but decrease the Accuracy of Spells by -2 and lose the ability to make Called Shots.

Warrior Mage - Gain +2 accuracy and damage for all Melee ranged attacks and Spells, but non-Melee ranged attacks and spells suffer -2 to accuracy and damage.

Intense Physical Training - Increase a single Modifier by +1. It can only be taken once per stat, and these increases DO NOT increase your Magic Power. (Con +1)

Agile - Add +2 to AC.

Magic:
Requip Magic
This Magic allows the users to store items in a pocket dimension so they can easily summon it at any time, even during battle, which gives them a high level of flexibility in combat. However, there is a limit to how much the pocket dimension can store. Requip can be used for simple or combat-related purposes. Some users may just choose to use it to change their clothing. More skilled users are able to Requip different weapons in battle, and it is even possible to Requip armors in the midst of battle.

The Knight.
It's more of a style than actual "magic spell". Various melee weapons and various suits of armor are requipped to fit the situation.

Spells:
Longsword: (Slashing/Piercing Damage 1d8; Melee Range 1d2; No Effect 0; Duration Value 8; Condition - Kaze has to make a concentration check every turn to keep his weapon summoned. When he fails it disappears; Metal Element 0; Modifier STR 10; Cost -5, Condition: -7 Cost; Damage +2)

A well crafted longsword made from iron. Equally suited to slashing and thrusting, a sturdy weapon for any soldier. Kaze ordered it from the famous Heart Cruz blacksmith guild. He holds numerous longswords of varying materials.
Spell Cost: 16

Greatsword: (Slashing/Piercing Damage 2d6; Melee Range 1d3; No Effect 0; Duration Value 8; Condition - Kaze has to make a concentration check every turn to keep his weapon summoned. When he fails it disappears; Metal Element 0; Modifier STR 10; Cost -5; Condition: -7 Cost; Damage +2)

A well crafted Greatsword made from iron. Suited for slashing, a sturdy weapon for any soldier. Kaze ordered it from the famous Heart Cruz blacksmith guild. He holds numerous Greatwords of varying materials.
Spell Cost: 21

Thunder Clap: (Crushing Damage 1d8; Melee Range 1d2; Sonic Booms 2d6; Duration Value 8; Condition - Kaze has to make a concentration check every turn to keep his weapon summoned. When he fails it disappears; Metal Element 0; Modifier STR 10; Cost -5; Condition: -7 Cost; Damage +2)

A superbly crafted, but rather large, war-hammer. The silvery steel has a soft glow to it. The enchantment set upon it made shaped sonic booms with the strength to push back opponents and causes small amounts of damage. The "shape" makes it so Kaze doesn't go in the opposite direction or 'recoil'.
Spell Cost: 28

Full Plate Armor (Replace AC 18; Reduce Slash Damage 1d6; Reduce Piercing Damage 1d6; Duration Value 6; Condition - Kaze has to make a concentration check every turn to keep his weapon summoned. When he fails it disappears; Metal Element 0, Range 0, No Modifier; Condition: -7 Cost)

A full suit of plate mail crafted from iron. While blades will likely chip their edge, bludgeons and magic will only be slowed a little while.
Spell Cost: 29

Dragon Armor: (Replace AC 18; Reduce Slash Damage 1d6; Reduce Piercing Damage 1d6; Reduce Fire Damage 1d6; Duration Value 8; Condition - Kaze has to make a concentration check every turn to keep his weapon summoned. When he fails it disappears; Metal Element 0, Range 0, Inflict Fire Damage 1d6; Condition: -7 Cost)

A set of custom made red plated armor that mimics the legendary red dragons look. The armor is designed to resist fire attacks and even inflicts damage on those who gets close to him.

Spell Cost: 43
Edited by Kazemitsu, December 29, 2017, 9:40 pm.
Posted Image

Onime No Ryu
Member Avatar
Added the Agile feat, which like some of the other "character trait" feats like Cunning and Toughness, is just a straight boost this time to AC.

After realizing all our ACs would be on the low side, I've decided to boost the Base AC from 10 to 12. So take your DEX mod, then any Feats, and add them to 12 to get your total AC. Hopefully this'll keep fights from being "whoever hits first wins," because the spells even with standard levels of damage seem to stack up pretty fast. Then again, powerful magic is the whole point we'd RP this series.

I've added a tidbit on the Guild Bond Feat, because it's supposed to encourage the "Nakama Power" that's the staple trait of the series. You MUST roleplay a bond between yourself and whatever characters are on that feat list within the RP itself--Kaze, for example, can't just say he has a Bond with Matt's character but then have them never ever interact.

Kaze, for your character specifically, "The Knight" should be under the Magic Style section as a sub-heading or whatever under Requip. Requip is the "kind" of magic, like Fire Magic or Ice Magic, and The Knight is just a style of Requip Magic, like how Fire Dragon Slayer or Ice Molding would be different types of Fire and Ice Magic. Your actual Spells will be whatever weapons and armor you are using--for instance, something like:

Longsword (Slashing/Piercing Damage 1d8; Melee Range 1d2; No Effect 0; Metal Element 0; Modifier STR 10; Cost -5, Damage +2)
A well crafted longsword made from iron. Equally suited to slashing and thrusting, a sturdy weapon for any soldier. Kaze ordered it from the famous Heart Cruz blacksmith guild.
Spell Cost: 15

oniskieth
Member Avatar
The Silver Light
Name:
Lot

Race:
Human
Humans are the most common and prosperous race, adaptable and well-versed in magic. +10 Magic Power, +1 Feat at Level 1.

Theme:
Nightsong

Appearance:
Lot | 6'1" | 155lb |Guild Tattoo is Green and located over his heart

Background:
TBA

Attributes:
HP: 11
AC: 14
MP: 70 (+10 Race, total 80)
STR: +1
DEX: +2
CON: +1
INT: +1
CHA: +1

Feats:
In Shining Armor - Your Defensive spells, specifically, reduce incoming damage by +5. Non-Defensive spells suffer a Magic Cost increase of +5. You cannot take this feat alongside Offensive Spell Specialization. If you take this Feat alongside Magic Shielding (or vice versa), you also gain a +2 Bonus to all Saves made against Magic. If you take this Feat when you already have Support Spell Specialization (or vice versa), your Magic Cost increase becomes only +2. If Overpowering Magic is taken after this Feat (or vice versa), your Magic Cost increase gets worse at +7.

Overpowering Magic - Increase Damage and Non-Offensive Effects by +5, but increase the Magic Power cost of all spells by +5. If Designated Healer is taken after this Feat (or vice versa), your Magic Cost increase gets worse at +7.

Support Spell Specialization - Gain +2 to the effect of a Non-Offensive spell, but Offensive Spells have their Damage decreased by -2. If you take this Feat when you already have Overpowering Magic (or vice versa) your Magic Power cost increase is now only +2. If you take this Feat when you already have Designated Healer (or vice versa) your Magic Cost increase becomes only +2.

Quick Casting - Reduce the Magic Power cost of all spells by -5, but decrease the Accuracy of Spells by -2 and lose the ability to make Called Shots.

Magic:
Plant Magic
In truth, Lot's magic is the ability control life. He does this in the form of plants, creating endless possibilities in fertile soils, or desperate spells in barren wastelands. Lot is incapable of creating life, so he must manipulate whatever life he has available.

Spells:
Bark Skin (Damage Reduction 1d1 (+12), Replace AC of target with 16 (+5), for Time Duration of 1d4 turns. Element Wood. Condition - Fire spells do 2x damage to Reduction, -10 MP. -5 MP, feats.)
Upon touch, Lot hardens a subject's body, causing them to feel sturdy as a tree. When applied to himself, the man literally has bark for skin.
Spell Cost: 6

Wild Growth (Damage Reduction 1d6 (+12), HP Value 1d5 (+5), Time Duration 1d2 turns. Lot's Plant Support spells have Primary (damage/effect/etc) increased by +5 when they are grown from this root. Element Wood. Condition - Fire spells do 2x damage to HP, -10 MP. -5 MP, feats.)
With his palms upon the ground, Lot generates a large root to shield attacks. The root lasts one turn and withers unless recast.
Spell Cost: 3

Brute Root (Damage 1d8 (+3), Melee Range 1d2, Push 1d1 (+5). Accuracy -2, MP Cost +4)
Before making contact with his fist, a reasonably sized root bundle grows from Lot's arm, wrapping around his hand like a giant wooden battering ram.

Fungal Spores (Damage 1d1 (+3), Long Range 1d6, AoE 3x3 (1d9), Poison 1d1 (+5), Time Duration 1d4. Condition - Enemy that makes Fortitude (CON) Save is not poisoned (-5 MP). Enemy that makes Reflex (DEX) Save takes 1/2 Damage from the AoE (-5 MP). Accuracy -2, MP Cost +4)
Lot conjures a swollen mushroom that quickly explodes, releasing a painful poison.

Desert Rose (Fire Reduction 1d6 (+12), HP Value 1d5 (+5), Time Duration 1d4. -5 MP.)
Upon touch, Lot spawns a flower from vegetation that provides fire resistance. It can be grown on Bark Skin and on Wild Growth.
Spell Cost: 10

Pine Needles (Ice Reduction 1d6 (+12), Add 1d1 (+5) Pierce Damage to Targets' Melee, HP Value 1d5, Time Duration 1d4. -5 MP.)
Upon touch, Lot coats a wooden surface with pine needles that provide ice resistance. It can be grown on Bark Skin and on Wild Growth. When the target has Bark Skin, their Melee attacks gain extra piercing damage. When cast on Wild Growth, an enemy that attacks the root pricks themselves on the needles and takes damage.
Spell Cost: 11

Blackthorns (Slash/Pierce Damage 1d4 (+7), HP Value 1d5, Time Duration 1d4. +4 MP.)
Upon touch, Lot coats a wooden surface with bladed thorns. It can be grown on Bark Skin and on Wild Growth. When the target has Bark Skin, their Melee attacks gain extra slashing/piercing damage. When cast on Wild Growth, an enemy that attacks the root pricks themselves on the needles and takes damage.
Spell Cost: 17

Fairy Ring (Healing 1d8 (+7), AoE 3x3 (1d9), 1d4 Allies, +4 MP)
Lot summons the life energies of nature in an area around himself. As plantlife flourishes within the circle, Lot and allies within are healed.
Spell Cost: 25

Name:

Race:
Human

Theme:
Cats at Play
Priestess Aria

Appearance:
Spoiler: click to toggle

Background:
TBA

Attributes:
HP: 11
AC: 14
MP: 70 (+10 Race, total 80)
STR: +1
DEX: +2
CON: +1
INT: +1
CHA: +1

Feats:
Mage Bomber - Spells with an Area of Effect gain +2 to accuracy and damage, but spells without AOE suffer -2 to accuracy and damage.

(Elem)kinetic - Gain +2 accuracy and damage/effect to any spell of a chosen Element. Spells that are not of that element will suffer a -2 to accuracy and damage/effect.

Magic Discipline: - Increase the Magic Power cost of all spells by +5, but increase the Accuracy of Spells by +5 and no longer gain Disadvantage on Called Shot rolls.

Scoped In - When your HP drops by half, your Spell Accuracy increases by +5, but your CON and CHA Modifiers drop by -1.

Magic:
Plant Magic

Spells:
X X)
X.
Edited by oniskieth, January 6, 2018, 3:08 pm.
Katherine's Approval

Onime No Ryu
Member Avatar
Kaze, you can’t do multiples of five for your spells just cause you feel like it. If you only wanna use dice and effects that are in fives be my guest but your spell costs have to be EXACT because everyone else’s have to be exact too. I do recommend some conditions on your armor to help bring down their cost, see Onis’s section below.

Onis, I did some re-figuring for your feats since you have Quick Casting now. Any defensive spell (that reduces damage or increases AC) will now have +12 to the amount of Damage Reduction, +5 to the main effect (Time Duration doesn’t count, its a sub to qualify the main effect), and its MP cost will be 5 points less than normal. Any non-offensive spell that does not reduce damage directly, such as heals and buffs, will have its primary effect boosted by +7 and its MP cost increased by 4 more points. Any offensive spell that does direct damage will have its damage increased by 3 points, its main effect increased by 5 points, and its accuracy reduced by 2 points. It will also cost 4 more points than normal.

For Bark Skin, using the dnd spell as a base, I recommend the following traits: Damage Reduction 1d1 (+12), Replace AC of target with 16 (+5), for Time Duration of 1d4 turns. It is wood element, but it is going to come with a condition that Fire spells will do 2x damage to its Reduction. This Condition, however, also grants you a lower cost—this is how I want to encourage self-limitation. So in addition to your cost decrease of 5 from your feats, you get to save 10 more points (because 2x Damage is a pretty bad condition). So the normal cost of this spell would be 21 points, but you’re getting it for 6. Congrats, you picked some fitting feats for your character type and you’re a beastly defender who can shield yourself and allies over and over!

Spells:
Bark Skin (Damage Reduction 1d1 (+12), Replace AC of target with 16 (+5), for Time Duration of 1d4 turns. Element Wood. Condition - Fire spells do 2x damage to Reduction, -10 MP. -5 MP, feats.)
Upon touch, Lot hardens a subject's body, causing them to feel sturdy as a tree. When applied to himself, the man literally has bark for skin.

Wild Growth (Damage Reduction 1d6 (+12), HP Value 1d5 (+5), Time Duration 1d2 turns. Lot's Plant Support spells have Primary (damage/effect/etc) increased by +5 when they are grown from this root. Element Wood. Condition - Fire spells do 2x damage to HP, -10 MP. -5 MP, feats.)
With his palms upon the ground, Lot generates a large root to shield attacks. The root lasts one turn and withers unless recast.

Brute Root (Damage 1d8 (+3), Melee Range 1d2, Push 1d1 (+5). Accuracy -2, MP Cost +4)
Before making contact with his fist, a reasonably sized root bundle grows from Lot's arm, wrapping around his hand like a giant wooden battering ram.

Fungal Spores (Damage 1d1 (+3), Long Range 1d6, AoE 3x3 (1d9), Poison 1d1 (+5), Time Duration 1d4. Condition - Enemy that makes Fortitude (CON) Save is not poisoned (-5 MP). Enemy that makes Reflex (DEX) Save takes 1/2 Damage from the AoE (-5 MP). Accuracy -2, MP Cost +4)
Lot conjures a swollen mushroom that quickly explodes, releasing a painful poison.

Desert Rose (Fire Reduction 1d6 (+12), HP Value 1d5 (+5), Time Duration 1d4. -5 MP.)
Upon touch, Lot spawns a flower from vegetation that provides fire resistance. It can be grown on Bark Skin and on Wild Growth.

Pine Needles (Ice Reduction 1d6 (+12), Add 1d1 (+5) Pierce Damage to Targets' Melee, HP Value 1d5, Time Duration 1d4. -5 MP.)
Upon touch, Lot coats a wooden surface with pine needles that provide ice resistance. It can be grown on Bark Skin and on Wild Growth. When the target has Bark Skin, their Melee attacks gain extra piercing damage. When cast on Wild Growth, an enemy that attacks the root pricks themselves on the needles and takes damage.
Spell Cost: 11

Blackthorns (Slash/Pierce Damage 1d4 (+7), HP Value 1d5, Time Duration 1d4. +4 MP.)
Upon touch, Lot coats a wooden surface with bladed thorns. It can be grown on Bark Skin and on Wild Growth. When the target has Bark Skin, their Melee attacks gain extra slashing/piercing damage. When cast on Wild Growth, an enemy that attacks the root pricks themselves on the needles and takes damage.

Fairy Ring (Healing 1d8 (+7), AoE 3x3 (1d9), 1d4 Allies, +4 MP)
Lot summons the life energies of nature in an area around himself. As plantlife flourishes within the circle, Lot and allies within are healed.
Spell Cost: 25

Hey so I need some critiques for my own spells too.

The magic I was gonna have my character use is from the main series, and is called "Crash" although it's sometimes translated as "Crush." It basically has the same theme either way--it is a magic based around the idea of simply "breaking apart anything and everything." The character who uses it is an S-Rank Mage, a mentor for the rest of the cast, so it's obviously a powerful and advanced Magic. But he can channel it through his punches or energy blasts, and whatever it hits begins to break down. He has used a stomp to "break down" the ground and create a soft cushion to absorb an impact. He has broken through brick walls just by flexing his aura. He can even "break down" magic, causing a massive wave of flame to disperse and shattering other forms of projectiles/energy. Obviously I don't intend my character to be that strong off the bat, but that's just the theme of the magic. In the main series we never actually see if this magic could "break" things like bonds, turning water into oxygen and hydrogen or other "out of the box" stuff like that, but I kind of assume it could if it made things cooler.

So these are the two spells I've come up with, each based on a "regular" DnD spell (the Bard's Thunderwave and the Druid's Gust of Wind) with a few tweaks:

Spells:
Crushing Wave (Force Damage 2d8; Range 3x3 (1d9); Push Person 1d2 squares, Push Object 1d10 squares; Condition - User and Targets roll opposed CON checks. If the Target wins, it takes 1/2 Damage (-5 MP) and is not Pushed (-5 MP). Allies and Enemies alike are affected by this spell's range (-5 MP).)
With a thunderous boom, the user releases their Magic in a powerful sphere of destructive force, expanding outwards around them. [User] can't control the magic well enough to keep it from harming his allies in the vicinity, but discharging it over a wider area minimizes the chance that anything--or anyone--will be outright "broken."
Spell Cost: 22

Needs a Name (Force Damage 2d8; All-Range 1d12 straight line; Push 1d3 squares; Condition - User and Targets roll opposed STR checks. On successful save Target takes 1/2 damage (-5 MP) and is not Pushed (-5 MP). Allies and Enemies alike are affected by this spell's range (-5 MP).)
Throwing a powerful punch, [User] releases a wave of Magic that attempts to destroy anything in front of it. It can be used at melee range or projected over a distance, but the best [User] can do is slow down how "fast" the Magic breaks things down--what would normally tear someone to shreds instead sends them flying, as if they were being buffeted by hurricane winds. It still affects any allies in range, but at least it won't hurt them too badly...he hopes.
Spell Cost: 16
Edited by Onime No Ryu, December 30, 2017, 6:49 pm.

Onime No Ryu
Member Avatar
Here are the rough drafts and partial profiles of the 4 S-Class Mages. These NPCs, along with the Guildmaster, will be way more powerful than the starting cast at the beginning of the RP. However, S-Class Mages are expected to take S-Rank missions--no simple beating up bandits or fighting dangerous wildlife for them, these are the types who get called in to do the really badass stuff. They're meant to eventually show characters how far they might get if they work hard enough, and to help move certain story elements along--after all, the main themes of the Fairy Tail setting is the importance of family and friends, the connections you make through your Guild. So just like a family needs parents and older siblings to guide the young ones, Gryphon Wing has its S-rank mages.

Rutger Artz

Lily Putian

Lusine Artz

Gottfried Zawisza
Edited by Onime No Ryu, January 1, 2018, 10:37 am.

Sin
Member Avatar
Slow and steady...
Name:
Ivory Asher

Race:
Human

Theme:
Word Up
Everybody

Appearance:
Height: 5'8" ♥ Weight: 124lbs. ♥ Eyes: Blue

Background:
Ivory's story begins when she gave birth to her son, Bryce. Her husband at the time left the pair behind shortly after her son's first birthday and was never heard from again. Ivory's natural maternal nature allowed her to be an excellent mother for her infant son and once he was old enough to be away from her for a few hours each day, she took a job as a librarian in order to earn enough money to keep a roof over their heads and food in their bellies.

It didn't take Ivory long to realize that the life of a librarian was never going to be an exuberant one and that lead her to search out other methods of amassing a fortune so that she and Bryce could live comfortably. She used her time during work hours to read into and research magic and, just like everything else she put her mind to, she was able to pick it up. With a natural affinity toward learning and retaining information, the woman was able to teach herself a great deal relating to Solid Script.

After ten years of working at the library, Ivory finally felt comfortable enough to leave her job there and, leaving the care of her son to an older woman she'd worked alongside for a decade, she set out to finally utilize her magic, aiming to collect a fortune and make an extravagant life for she and her son.

Attributes:
HP: 10
AC: 14 (-1, Magic Shiedling)
MP: 70
STR: -2
DEX: +2 (-1, Magic Shielding)
CON: +0
INT: +2
WIS: +2 (-1, Magic Recovery)
CHA: +3

Feats:
Artillery Mage: - Gain +2 accuracy and damage for all Long ranged attacks and Spells, but non-Long ranged attacks and spells suffer -2 to accuracy and damage.
Quick Casting: - Reduce the Magic Power cost of all spells by -5, but decrease the Accuracy of Spells by -2 and lose the ability to make Called Shots.
Magic Shielding: - Decrease your DEX Modifier by -1, but gain +5 Magic Resistance (Subtract 5 points from damage taken due to Magic).
Magic Recovery: - Decrease WIS Modifier by -1, but recover +2 Magic Power per turn in battle. If you take this Feat when you already have Magic Healing (or vice versa), you'll also recover +10 Magic Power when a battle Ends. If you take this Feat when you already have Designated Healer (or vice versa), your healing spells will also give an ally +5 Magic Power.

Magic:
Solid Script
The user materializes solid words in their depicted form (i.e. writing "fire" would create fire) and then throws them at the opponent.

Spells:
"Fire" (1d6 Fire Damage, 1d6 Long Range, Condition - Reflex (DEX) Save by Target reduces damage by 1/2 (-5 MP Cost); +2 Damage, -5 MP Cost)
A quick scribe of the word "Fire" creates a ball of flame that can be thrown at distant enemies to inflict damage.
Spell Cost: 2

"Bomb" (1d8 Fire Damage, Immediate Range 1d1, Time Duration 1d8, Condition - Reflex Save by Target reduces damage by 1/2 (-5 MP), Condition - Enemy that succeeds on Perception Check to find Trap can make an attempt to disable it (-5 MP); -5 MP.)
Writing the word "Bomb" on the ground at her feet places a trap that will be triggered when contacted by anything, exploding and dealing fire-based damage.

"Blizzard" (1d6 Pierce/Ice Damage, 1d6 Long Range, 1d4 AoE, Condition - Reflex Save by Target reduces damage by 1/2 (-5 MP); +2 Damage, -5 MP)
Scrawling out the word "Blizzard" creates snow and many shards of ice at a location that will shred a small group of targets.

"Ice Shield" (Damage Reduction 1d8, Immediate Range 1d1, Time Duration 1d8, Condition - Bludgeoning Damage will do 2x to Reduction (-10 MP); -5 MP)
The words "Ice Shield" written in the air in front of Ivory will create a mirror of ice that will follow her and nullify a single physical attack before shattering.

"Blades" (1d6 Slash/Metal Damage, 1d6 Long Range, Condition - Reflex Save by Target reduces damage by 1/2 (-5 MP); +2 Damage, -5 MP)
The word "Blades" creates sharp steel crescents that can slash a distant target.

"Gust" (1d8 Push, Direction Choice 1, 1d8 Long Range, Condition - Strength-based Save by Target resists Push (-10 MP); +2 Push, -5 MP)
Hastily writing out the word "Gust" will summon a strong gust of wind that will blow Ivory, a nearby ally, or an enemy in a direction chosen by her.

"Stones" (1d8 Damage Reduction, Immediate Range 1d1, Time Duration 1d8, Condition - Metal Damage will do 2x to Reduction (-10 MP); -5 MP)
Writing "Stones" on the ground at her feet creates several spires of stone that can block incoming attacks or wall off an area to prevent passage. Stones will remain until deliberately destroyed by an attack.

"Stalactite" (1d6 Pierce/Earth Damage, 1d3 Defense Break, 1d6 Long Range; +2 Damage, -5 MP)
Ivory can write out the word "Stalactite" to create a long, sharp shard of stone that can be magically hurled at a target a long distance away. The Stalactite will penetrate most armor with a direct hit.

"Heal" (1d6 HP Restore, 1d6 Long Range; +2 Heal, -5 MP)
Writing out the word "Heal" allows Ivory to heal herself or a nearby alley for a small amount.
Spell Cost: 7

"Light" (Inflict Blind, 1d6 Long Range, 1d6 Time Duration, Condition - Reflex Save prevents being blinded. This type of Condition does not grant an MP reduction. +2 Duration, -5 MP.)
Quickly scribbling out the word "Light" will create a blinding flash in front of Ivory that will blind opponents temporarily.
Edited by Sin, January 2, 2018, 8:31 pm.

Onime No Ryu
Member Avatar
Here's what I've got for your spell suggestions Sin, if you're still unsure about anything or would like to change something lemme know. Your feat combinations worked out well like Onis's, and with the Conditions we talked about you probably have the cheapest spells out of anyone thus far, so you'll get a lot of bang for your buck.

Spells:
"Fire" (1d6 Fire Damage, 1d6 Long Range, Condition - Reflex (DEX) Save by Target reduces damage by 1/2 (-5 MP Cost); +2 Damage, -5 MP Cost)
A quick scribe of the word "Fire" creates a ball of flame that can be thrown at distant enemies to inflict damage.

"Bomb" (1d8 Fire Damage, Immediate Range 1d1, Time Duration 1d8, Condition - Reflex Save by Target reduces damage by 1/2 (-5 MP), Condition - Enemy that succeeds on Perception Check to find Trap can make an attempt to disable it (-5 MP); -5 MP.)
Writing the word "Bomb" on the ground at her feet places a trap that will be triggered when contacted by anything, exploding and dealing fire-based damage.

"Blizzard" (1d6 Pierce/Ice Damage, 1d6 Long Range, 1d4 AoE, Condition - Reflex Save by Target reduces damage by 1/2 (-5 MP); +2 Damage, -5 MP)
Scrawling out the word "Blizzard" creates snow and many shards of ice at a location that will shred a small group of targets.

"Ice Shield" (Damage Reduction 1d8, Immediate Range 1d1, Time Duration 1d8, Condition - Bludgeoning Damage will do 2x to Reduction (-10 MP); -5 MP)
The words "Ice Shield" written in the air in front of Ivory will create a mirror of ice that will follow her and nullify a single physical attack before shattering.

"Blades" (1d6 Slash/Metal Damage, 1d6 Long Range, Condition - Reflex Save by Target reduces damage by 1/2 (-5 MP); +2 Damage, -5 MP)
The word "Blades" creates sharp steel crescents that can slash a distant target.

"Gust" (1d8 Push, Direction Choice 1, 1d8 Long Range, Condition - Strength-based Save by Target resists Push (-10 MP); +2 Push, -5 MP)
Hastily writing out the word "Gust" will summon a strong gust of wind that will blow Ivory, a nearby ally, or an enemy in a direction chosen by her.

"Stones" (1d8 Damage Reduction, Immediate Range 1d1, Time Duration 1d8, Condition - Metal Damage will do 2x to Reduction (-10 MP); -5 MP)
Writing "Stones" on the ground at her feet creates several spires of stone that can block incoming attacks or wall off an area to prevent passage. Stones will remain until deliberately destroyed by an attack.

"Stalactite" (1d6 Pierce/Earth Damage, 1d3 Defense Break, 1d6 Long Range; +2 Damage, -5 MP)
Ivory can write out the word "Stalactite" to create a long, sharp shard of stone that can be magically hurled at a target a long distance away. The Stalactite will penetrate most armor with a direct hit.

"Heal" (1d6 HP Restore, 1d6 Long Range; +2 Heal, -5 MP)
Writing out the word "Heal" allows Ivory to heal herself or a nearby alley for a small amount.

"Light" (Inflict Blind, 1d6 Long Range, 1d6 Time Duration, Condition - Reflex Save prevents being blinded. This type of Condition does not grant an MP reduction. +2 Duration, -5 MP.)
Quickly scribbling out the word "Light" will create a blinding flash in front of Ivory that will blind opponents temporarily.

Onime No Ryu
Member Avatar
Onis said one thing that might help flesh stuff out is having some background info on the Gryphon Wing guild, so here's where I'm gonna do that. I'm gonna try to break it up a bit so people who don't care about extra lore don't have to bother reading it.

What is Gryphon Wing?

What is this World?

What will we be doing?

I can't think of anything else at the moment, except that maybe I need to go into some detail on key things like Black Mage Zeref and other parts of canon, or maybe address how closely related to canon this RP will be. But frankly I dunno myself how much these elements will come into play, and I'd like to avoid spoilers where possible, so I'll hold off on this for now. If you have questions you want answered or think I should include something else in these info blocks, let me know.

Onime No Ryu
Member Avatar
Here's my character, let me know what you guys think.

Name:
Atticus Foster

Race:
Human

Theme:
Tomorrow
Anti-Gravity
Crash

Appearance:
Height: 5' 10" * Weight: 145 * Eyes: Gray-Blue (ignore pic)

Background:
Born and raised in Orchid Town, Atticus always admired the mages of Gryphon Wing. He grew up hearing about them, and played often with the neighbor kids while pretending to be a wizard just like Zebulon, or Rutger, or anyone else. He was a bright kid, too, so he eventually got the idea to try and learn more about Magic at the Orchid Public Library. Until he was about 12, Atticus could almost always be found reading in the afternoons after school or on weekends; soon the adventure stories and dumbed-down histories in the kid's section held nothing for him anymore, and he began reading actual books about magic, guilds, and all other kinds of things. Even the old, dusty reference tomes that no one ever bothered to check out couldn't slow him down. If he was immersed in a book, the boy could lose himself for hours--unless of course Ms. Ivory happened to be around, in which case he couldn't stop blushing and fidgeting whenever she so much as glanced his way.

But when he did turn 12, he mustered up his courage. A book on different types of magic in hand, he knocked on the door of the Gryphon Wing Guild Hall. And with a steely resolve, he begged Zebulon Artz to teach him real Magic. The old mage didn't need much convincing, seeing that the boy was prepared, so he began tutoring Atticus.

Then the youngster got his first real taste of magic, and everything changed.

"Magic" is something that can be learned so long as one possesses the aptitude for it, as 12% of the population do. One can learn different styles of magic depending on their talents and studies, but each and every true mage has a "Personal" style of magic that they prefer, or that comes to them as easily as breathing. This magic is more of a "phenomenon" than a skill--when a person learns to harness their inner energy, and then combines this with the flow of nature's own energy, the reaction produces their true Magic. And when Atticus triggered his own, natural-born magical talent...If his teacher hadn't been Zebulon Artz, someone who had turned down an invitation to be one of the Ten Wizard Saints of Fiore, it's possible the boy would have killed someone.

Atticus's magic is known as "Crash." It is a magic of "Destruction," breaking down both matter and energy, even other magics, down to their smallest components, and generating incredible forces of pressure that literally crush anything in its path. It is known as a more advanced type of magic, and incredibly powerful...but also incredibly hard to control. One of the most well-known users of this magic was none other than Gildartz Clive, the most powerful S-Rank Mage of the famous Fairy Tail Guild. Gildartz was known to be so powerful that, if he wasn't careful, merely touching brick walls, houses, or the very ground beneath his feet would cause these objects to disintegrate.

From this moment on, Atticus's enthusiasm and love of magic died, and was replaced with constant fear. How could he use this magic without killing someone? What if everything he touched broke? How could he ever even hug his father and mother again, or play with his friends? He couldn't even go to the library anymore, because the slightest slip of his self-control could cause disaster for everyone around him.

For the next 7 years, Zebulon worked with Atticus. The training was difficult, not just because of the strain it put on the boy but because he was even afraid to try during his lessons, lest he blow something up. And even under such personal restraint, he did blow things up. A lot. But the Guild Master would not let him quit, would not let him throw his power away or lose himself to it. He inducted Atticus into the Guild, and made him start taking missions--first with other, more experienced mages who could handle any "accidents." Then with just one or two teammates. Then by himself.

Now, at 19, Atticus has enough control over his magic that most of the time he doesn't have to worry about accidentally killing someone. And he can keep from destroying the tables he sits at or the roads he walks on. But still he holds back, every hour of every day, and lives under a seemingly constant pressure. The fear is still there...but, at the very least, he now has friends to help him grow.

Attributes:
HP: 12
AC: 13
MP: 70 (+10 Race, Total 80)
STR: +2
DEX: +1
CON: +2
INT: +2
WIS: 0
CHA: 0

Feats:
Overpowering Magic - Increase Damage and Non-Offensive Effects by +5, but increase the Magic Power cost of all spells by +5. If Designated Healer is taken after this Feat (or vice versa), your Magic Cost increase gets worse at +7.

Offensive Spell Specialization - Gain +2 Damage on all Spell attacks, but Non-Offensive Spells have their effects decreased by -2. If you take this Feat when you already have Overpowering Magic (or vice versa), your Magic Power cost increase is now only +2.

Magic Discipline - Increase the Magic Power cost of all spells by +5, but increase the Accuracy of Spells by +5 and no longer gain Disadvantage on Called Shot rolls.

Focused Casting - Increase accuracy for all Spells by +1. If you take this Feat when you already have Quick Casting (or vice versa), you regain the ability to make Called Shots. If you take this Feat when you already have Magic Discipline (or vice versa) your Magic Power cost increase is now only +2.

Magic:
Crash
http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Crush

Spells:
Crushing Evil: Mercurius (Force Damage 2d8 (+7), Range 1d2, Defense Break 1d8 (+5), Push 1d3, MOD STR 10; Condition - If the Target is not under the effect of a Support spell, this spell loses its Defense Break Trait (-8 MP) and one of its Damage dice (-8 MP). Condition - Target makes CON save for 1/2 damage (-5 MP) and Push resist (-5 MP). Condition - Atticus makes opposed INT roll on Supported enemy, if he fails Defense Break trait does not trigger (-8 MP). +4 MP, +6 Acc)
Concentrating a specific "type" of destructive energy within his fist, this is Atticus's most reliable spell--it is designed to only "break down" other magical energies. Against a shielded or otherwise "buffed" enemy, it shatters all defenses, but otherwise is simply a nasty punch.
Spell Cost: 9

First Sphere: Luna (Force Damage 2d8(+7); Range 3x3 (1d9); Push 1d3(+5) squares; Condition - User and Targets roll opposed CON checks. If the Target wins, it takes 1/2 Damage (-5 MP) and is not Pushed (-5 MP). Allies and Enemies alike are affected by this spell's range (-5 MP). +4 MP, +6 Acc)
With a thunderous boom, the user releases their Magic in a powerful sphere of destructive force, expanding outwards around them. Atticus can't control the magic well enough to keep it from harming his allies in the vicinity, but discharging it over a wider area minimizes the chance that anything--or anyone--will be outright "broken."

Eden: Expulsion (Force Damage 2d8(+7); AoE 1d6 (Line); Push 1d3(+5) squares; Condition - User and Targets roll opposed STR checks. On successful save Target takes 1/2 damage (-5 MP) and is not Pushed (-5 MP). Allies and Enemies alike are affected by this spell's range (-5 MP). +4 MP, +6 Acc)
Throwing a powerful punch, Atticus releases a wave of Magic that attempts to destroy anything in front of it. It can be used at melee range or projected over a distance, but the best Atticus can do is slow down how "fast" the Magic breaks things down--what would normally tear someone to shreds instead sends them flying, as if they were being buffeted by hurricane winds. It still affects any allies in range, but at least it won't hurt them too badly...he hopes.
Spell Cost: 14

Ouranos (Force Damage 1d8 (+7), Long Range 1d6, Inflict Prone (DC+5); Condition - Target makes a CON/STR check, whichever is higher, to resist being knocked Prone. This Condition does not reduce MP cost. Condition - This spell cannot be used without an opening to the outdoors directly over an opponent (-10 MP). Condition - Target makes Reflex save for 1/2 damage (-5 MP). +4 MP, +6 Acc)
Atticus tries to use a technique to project one's magic power, and then brings it down directly on top of an enemy. It's probably his most precise spell, but its power is decreased compared to others because of the finesse it requires. Typically, it'll still smash an enemy into a crater.

Severance (Slash Damage 1d8, Long Range 1d6, AoE 1d3 (Line); Condition - Allies can be effected by this spell's range (-5 MP). Condition - Target makes CON save for 1/2 damage (-5 MP). Condition - Obstacles to either side of a target reduce this attack's damage by 1/2 (-5 MP). +4 MP, +6 Acc)
Concentrating his magic into a single, crescent shaped blade of projected energy, Atticus can be more selective with the amount of "destruction" he causes. Rather than simply breaking things down, this Crash spell "severs" targets the same way a blade "destroys" by cutting.
Edited by Onime No Ryu, January 7, 2018, 12:32 pm.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · RP ideas · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Systematic made by Phaede of the SZ..