Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Sin is starting a new RP!
Welcome to Espada of Alexandria. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Yggy's Point of View
Topic Started: February 19, 2013, 5:32 pm (340 Views)
Primera Espada Yggdra
Member Avatar
The Kitty Cat, Mew!~
I have been roleplaying for almost several years now and I have been through different kinds of roleplays. From time to time, I hear people asking, "What do you want in a roleplay?" or "How do you like to roleplay?" I have noticed that some people are interested in a roleplay and some people aren't. We may have many reasons for this. I have decided for starters, to express my point of view. Hopefully, other people will post their views as well so roleplay creators will have an easier time creating a roleplay that we enjoy.

For the kind of roleplays I enjoy to participate, I really don't have a big preference or a distaste. I've been through genres such as fantasy and science fiction. If a roleplay is based on something that's from a television series, a movie, or a game of some sort, I usually prefer to roleplay in something I'm familiar with. I am familiar with many different series such as Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Hetalia, Dynasty Warriors, etc.

I would be interested in a roleplay that has the theme of deities from for example, Christianity, Islam, Judaism, or even Pagan religions where you have the Greek/Roman, Norse, Buddhist, Hindu, Chinese, Aztec, Native American, or Japanese deities. To be honest, I think a roleplay with such deities would be rather interesting, especially since I have never been in such a roleplay before.

I normally type in third person and use formal language. However, I do use colloquial language and this is usually when I'm creating dialogue for a character. However, I do admit that I tend to use colloquial language outside dialogues.

I have created many characters throughout my roleplaying career. The majority of characters I have created are female, although I have created many male characters as well. The characters I've created are from different age groups, from preteens to seniors. Usually, we expect characters to have a good vs evil goal. While I have created characters that fight to defeat the opposing force or save the world from something bad from happening, I have also created characters that do what they do in the name of self-interest. There are also times where characters are based on an aspect of myself.

I do not mind sidequests in a roleplay. However, this is as long as we're not focusing more on sidequests than the main plot. I think hot spring scenes are nice and one can find some humour in it, although I haven't been involved in such a scene for a very long time.

For how a battle system works, I usually do not have a preference, but since I'm used to the honour system, that's usually the battle system I go along with. I also have no preference when it comes to weapons and armour. I do think that legendary weapons or equipment is a good addition to a roleplay. This depends on what the genre is, of course. Many people I know like to create magic users. I honestly don't have anything against magic users and I myself would be willing to create magic users. Furthermore, I have no preferences on what the magic system in a roleplay should work.

I have no preferences on what a character profile sheet would look like. I do not mind using description to picture what a character looks like. However, I prefer to use tekteks to do the work instead.

Unfortunately, given my current situation, I cannot be a very active roleplay when I'm busy. These days, I would join one roleplay. At most, two roleplays. I don't create as many characters as before as well. Perhaps I'll create one to a few these days.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Because...

My Imagination When talking with you. - Person A

PM Offline Member Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Your Point of View in a Roleplay · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Systematic made by Phaede of the SZ..