Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to Elefor!

Inactive members please contact the admin for return to regular Member status.

Affiliates
Add Reply
Of Moonlight, Curses, and a Valley
Topic Started: Sep 20 2010, 05:16 PM (5,588 Views)
Kasuin
Member Avatar
The Sublime Overlord of the Realm
Caron shrugged his shoulders as Elle asked him whether the child's knowledge of him was a good or a bad thing. I've no way to know. I do not recognize her. My role was a silent one. I was used and abused at the hands of the man. He... preferred young men. All else in the compound I treated as kindly as one as silent as I could. My healing gifts were oft used by the slaves and I could not trust many that lived there. Some spoke lies for favor or ferreted out truth for reprieve from suffering. We all did as we must in an untenable situation. I was well known by all though. Priests are symbols of hope even in dark times. Perhaps I blessed her at one point or healed a wound. The elven man sighed. I've never been very good with children. I do not understand the unwarped minds, I suppose. Adults have had life experiences and are jaded and used to suffering. Children are blank slates of light that I would hate to put my hand to lest I place my mark wrong and they suffer the consequences. It is better for one such as you to hold onto them, for you are gentle and kind. He smiled at Elle.

He wriggled his toes in his new boots and looked ahead through the trees. We shall hopefully learn more of the girl soon. I certainly would hope that we could find an appropriate place to leave her. A decent family, a church of some benevolent deity, or an orphanage of good standing. It might do her some good to be around other humble people from which she could learn and grow and become a lady of repute.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kasuin
Member Avatar
The Sublime Overlord of the Realm
Caron exhaled softly. The raising of a child is a tricky thing which is why it is best to have at least two people do it. But you would not be the best at raising her at this time due to the fact that you are still young, she is not your blood, nor would you have any help. Raising a child on the road is another thing entirely. I do not doubt your compassion and the wealth of love you might bring her for you have those in abundance, but the road is no place for a child. Uncertainty of the next meal, no intersocial skills available to learn, no true knowledge of the law or of the gods, that is not something I could condone. This girl maintains her innocence it seems despite what she has been through, despite what she may have lost. It would be best to find her a home. To give her to a church as a daughter and ward would have her in the service of the deity. She might not be able to marry or carry on a line of offspring depending upon the religion. A family that we might come across may seem a fine thing, but it could simply be a facade so they can get free slave labor. I've heard of such things happening though I have not seen it myself. There are multiple dangers regardless of what road we choose for her and we will choose for her as her current legal guardians due to my status as priest, recognized by the Charter of Randatis, section 2, part A, line 14. I lump you in with me on the decision just because, as a man, I do not feel that I would have all the necessary feelings towards the child that a more maternal person would have. He shrugged.

It was easier for the priest to make it a joint decision so he wouldn't have all the blame should it go wrong. Caron was not much of a child sort of person. He preferred grown men and women, whose minds could discern his own and were as sullied as his own. Children were simply too innocent to be left in hands that brought death even as they brought life. Randatis chose his servants and Caron knew that he had been chosen, but why was not a question for which an answer had been revealed for him.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Steepwind Valley · Next Topic »
Add Reply

All components of The Land of Elefor are copyrighted under Kasuin.
All Graphics of The Land of Elefor are also under copyright of Kasuin.
Please don't steal the original ideas of the players and characters as it is illegal and shows you have a lack of creativity.
Besides, the world has too many thieves already. Be a hero instead. RP here with us!