Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
On behalf of Demon Days, We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Avirl Kartinez (WIP)
Topic Started: Jan 31 2012, 10:13 AM (280 Views)
Saber
Member Avatar
I've come to crush your bones. I've come to mess with your head.
[ * ]
Name: Avirl Kartinez

Former Occupation: None

Basic Skills: Hand-to-Hand Combat skill: Avril has the basic knowledge of how to use a sword is an expert at using them. She has a supernatural talent that allows her to ascertain the thoughts of a person with a single touch and this ability is known as tactile telepathy. Avirl can see all the thoughts, feelings and memories someone has ever had upon physical contact with them. The longer the contact, the more thoughts she can obtain. However she can only read a person's mind once being in physical contact with them.

Former Place of Residence: Odio

Tools of Trade:

Posted Image-Dagger

Posted Image-Sword

Appearance: Avirl is tall and slender with a slight build. She stands at a height of 5'9" and weighs about 125 lbs. She has flaming red hair that reaches the middle of her back. It usually is pulled up in a messy braid that gets in her face half the time. She has piercing green eyes with. She has a tattoo of a pair of angel wings engraved on her lower back and in the middle of the wings is a chinese symbol for believe.

Posted Image

Posted Image-Avirl's Tattoo

Clothes: Avirl wears a half cut shirt that shows half of her stomach and she wears silver pants with matching boots. She wears a belt to carry her weapons and effects. She wears a robe that reaches all the way down to her stomach that she keeps wrapped up.

Personality: Avirl is not afraid to speak her mind and she is not afraid to risk her life in a dangerous situation which can cause her to be reckless and stubborn. She has a slight temper and if something doesn’t go her way she takes matters into her own hands. When she is around people and gets to know them she is more open minded with them. When it comes to loyalty she will do just about anything to protect them even if that means sacrificing herself.

Avirl is expressive when it comes to voicing out her opinions and thoughts. She is not afraid to speak her mind freely and does not give a rat’s ass if you do not like what she has to say or not. She may be blunt, but at least she gets her point across even if that means cussing someone out in the process of doing just that.

Avirl does have a passionate side. She has her own way of expressing it with men. Since she did not have the best male role model growing up, she keeps relationships with men at sword’s length. She also knows how to be a lady’s man and knows how to pry them into her hands. She can sense when the tension is high and when the moment is right she will act on it in a vindictive way to get what wants.

History:

Avirl was born in Odin. She is the daughter of Fallen Angel Starlit and Damien Kartinez who is a demon. Her mother has the ability to use telepathy and is able to read the minds of another individual. She is able to hear the thoughts of others with similar limitations. Her father has the ability to project his thoughts into another person's mind in the form of vivid pictures, thoughts and feelings, and requires physical contact. It works most handy in communicating with others when words are not suited to the purpose and this talent is known as tactile thought projection. This ability does have limitations in order to activate his power he must be in physical touch in order for the power to be activated.

When Avirl was born, her parents were very protective of her because she was their only child. Her parents knew that she would inherit a rare gift that would be very useful someday. When she was little her father would use his ability to project soothing images into her head to help her sleep at night.

Damien trained Avirl in the use of hand and hand combat involving a sword and dagger. Avirl enjoyed this throughly and trained everyday with her father. One day when she and her father were training, Avirl almost lost her balance and she grabbed her father's hand and when she did, she was able to read his thoughts. Her father was pleased and told her that what she did is known as tactile telepathy. With this ability she is able to read anyone thoughts just by touching them, but only one at a time.

Her father fought in the battle of Paradisio and died in the fight. Avirl and her mother stayed at Odin only because Damien told them to stay there where they would be safe.
Edited by Saber, Feb 2 2012, 07:44 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MikDaTv
No Avatar
Advance Member
[ * ]
some things.

There are no firearms.

I'm not sure if the "Transform into her true form that can shoot feathers and use magic swords" is what we're looking for in characters at this point.

what is the difference between throwing darts and throwing daggers?

what is a bow gun? why can't she just use a bow... or a crossbow

what are cranky bombs? they sound like they might fall under the no firearms rule above.

what is a stunning wall jump?

Saber
Member Avatar
[ * ]
First I'm still working on some stuff out. Second I blame Devil May Cry for inspiring the character hence where I got some inspiration off from along with some of those weapons I mentioned :). And now I am tempted to buy the game to play it :D. Thirdly I got to ask Drake about powers for the demons and whatnot since I couldn't find it on here unless I overlooked it which is possible.

Edited: Okay took off daggers since "technically" you can call darts daggers, depending on how pointy they are and took off cranky bombs since I have one gun decided against the bombs.
Edited by Saber, Jan 31 2012, 03:24 PM.

MikDaTv
No Avatar
Advance Member
[ * ]
Quote:

First I'm still working on some stuff out. Second I blame Devil May Cry for inspiring the character hence where I got some inspiration off from along with some of those weapons I mentioned :). And now I am tempted to buy the game to play it :D.

Blame devl may cry all you want but there is a difference between "Inspired by" and "ripped off from."

In this particular case i'm being generous with the term "ripped off" too since it appears some, if not large sections of this profile was just straight up, flat out plagerized right from the Devil May Cry wiki.

Quote:

Thirdly I got to ask Drake about powers for the demons and whatnot since I couldn't find it on here unless I overlooked it which is possible.

or you can ask me... or you can ask bella. But for future reference, the information your looking for is located here.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/DemonDays/topic/4640498/1/#new

Quote:

Okay took off daggers since "technically" you can call darts daggers, depending on how pointy they are

My question was not about how pointy they were. My question was whats the difference? Why have both? what is the point of having a bunch of things you can throw and then have a bunch more things you can throw, that are slightly different in shape?

Quote:

and took off cranky bombs since I have one gun decided against the bombs.

to which I refer you to my "There are no firearms" statement. She can have a crossbow, which it looks like in the tiny picture but the vaguely descriptive name suggests it is a gun of some kind. And without any other description of the item, i don't know which to make of it.
Edited by MikDaTv, Jan 31 2012, 04:02 PM.

Saber
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Edited now just got one more thing to do and that's write up some more history unless I need to add some more to it.

Saber
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Done.

Drake
Member Avatar
The Avenging Hell Slayer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alright I'll take this one. Even with all the stuff mik pointed out your Bio is pretty short. You says her father went to fight in paradisio which was 10 years prior to the site's current story. In other word you have ten
years unaccounted for in this App...

Saber
Member Avatar
[ * ]
I can add more to it if need be. I'm reading up on some of the stuff on here.

MikDaTv
No Avatar
Advance Member
[ * ]
So her father was a demon and her mother was an angel. Why did her mother allow her father to live past the first few moments of them meeting? Who was her mother?

Who was her father? Where did he fall in the very hierarchical structure of the demon world? He wasn't your average goatman as they don't have such powers and are nothing more than mindless beasts. He wasn't a higher ranking demon because the powerful demons would never abide by him fathering offspring with an angel.

What caused them to stop trying to cut the others head off long enough to have sex and produce a child?

Where did they live? Did they live in heaven, hell or the mortal world?

I just don't see how this profile fits with the world we've made here on Demon Days. This looks like you want to make a character who's physic. that seems more like a specter type character.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Character Applications · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Spectre RPG
Black Water created by tiptopolive of IDS