Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
On behalf of Demon Days, We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Took An Arrow to the Knee...
Topic Started: Jan 30 2012, 11:31 PM (420 Views)
Drake
Member Avatar
The Avenging Hell Slayer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Drake waited in the cave for the all clear for the all clear from Samuel. He walked over to the wall he was on and and grabbed his weapons. He put his larger sword on his back and the smaller on his waste. Drake cracked his knuckles "So what can we expect to find out there?" Drake asked Anthony, he'd never been to the north before. He sighed some crossing his arms he looked around "How far are we outside the town?" Drake asked this one as well, two things that were very important to know. Though knowing what type of demons they would be up against was another story all together.

Suddenly there was a large rumble "What the hell was that" Drake said going to the opposite entrance the one Anthony said was a mountain cliff. He looked out of it and his eyes widen "Oh shit!" Drake said backing up as something flapped its wings really hard the wind from which made Drake stumble back.

"There's a huge fucking bird out there!" he said "And it didn't look happy"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Anthony
Member Avatar
Hunter
[ *  *  * ]
Anthony picked up his staff and put it on his back, he then grabbed the bag that he had bought along with him. He looked over at Drake who asked him what they could expect out there "Well when I was escaping it was still the same. Large plains a few forest, its almost always snowing out there, I bought some furs to keep us warm" he explained. "The wild life, bears, wolves etc..." he finished explaining, he started get the rest of his things ready. "We're about a days hike outside of the town, if we keep moving..."

When the cave moved Anthony almost fell over he looked over at Drake who was yelling something about a giant bird. "Okay last time I was here there wasn't any giant birds" he said going over to the entrance of the cave seeing the thing "Well what do ya know...lets umm get down to the other side" he said. Anthony grabbed Vanita's hand pulling her along "Drake get the other girl" he yelled. "Samuel" Anthony called out going towards him on the other side of the cave.

"No time to scout we're getting the hell outta here" he said.

MikDaTv
No Avatar
Advance Member
[ * ]
Samuel was suspicious long before Drake noticed the giant flying thing. He heard it or smelt it or felt the air pressure change or something but it peaked his senses. He drew the arrow back slightly and then the thing blew by overhead almost knocking him over.

"Go! Move!" Samuel said and drew his arrow back to full stretch. He kept his eye on the thing and backed up as the others retreated. He'd cover them while they made it back to the cave, which he didn't like as an idea because the only other exit apparently was a cliff face. He did not have a better idea though so he kept his mouth shut about it for now.

He tracked the thing as it moved away and circled around. The trees made it hard to make out but it's hugeness made it impossible to miss. It made a wide circle as it came back around. Samuel stopped backing up and gave himself a good steady stance to fire from. He just needed it to get closer. Sure one arrow wouldn't kill it, but it might make it think twice and give the group some extra time.

He squinted into the sun and tracked the tip of his arrow with his target. "Come on, smile you son of a bitch."

Isabella
Member Avatar
Dark Sorceress
Vanita stumbled along after Anthony,"What in the name of all things holy do you think that you are doing? I am not risking the sheer face of a cliff in my mortal form. If I fall, there is no flying gently to the ground. I will die."

Isabella glared at Vanita,"You are stupid enough to go up against a giant demon, then? Angels are ignorant. We have a better chance of surviving a climb than we do of surviving that sort of attack. Want to have a decent shot of not falling to your death?"

Vanita sighed,"Yes, sorceress, I do not like either option. I would prefer not to die."

Isabella smirked and tugged a piece of demon bone from the a notch cut into her sword sheath. She went over to Vanita, sliced her arm, and quickly collected the blood,"Even suppressed, you are more powerful than any source I could draw on other than perhaps the demon out there."

Vanita clapped her hand over the wound, knowing it would not heal on its own. She watched in horror as Bella painted patterns up her arms with the blood. She looked sick,"This is a violation which I will not soon forgive."She turned her back on Isabella, wishing her upper arm would stop bleeding. This was dangerous. Her blood still carried a scent like roses. No matter the pendant, she smelled more than just mortal. She smelled like demon food.

Bella went to stand next to Samuel. The work on her arms was complete, and she had the demon bone held firmly between her teeth. She held up her hands, concentrating on the arrow and not the demon, making it catch fire with a sickly green flame.

Vanita crumpled against the cave wall, grabbing the sides of her head. It felt like her soul was fighting to stay anchored in her body.

Drake
Member Avatar
The Avenging Hell Slayer
The huge bird flew back around letting out a loud roar as it did. Drake sighed when Isabella and Samuel ran out to confront the thing. Sheer stupidity Drake thought, the thing was huge and and it wasn't going to be able to be taken down by a flaming arrow. Drake ran to the mouth of the cave this wasn't going to end well kill this thing wasn't going to happen. The giant bird flew back around and opened its wings nearly blocking out the sun as it did.

The thing slammed into the side of the cliff causing everything to shake, the giant bird looked down at Isabella and Samuel and opened its mouth firing a large fireball at them. "Get down!" Drake yelled ran over to them pushing them down to get them out the way"Are you two insane?" he asked them as he looked up seeing the forest behind them ingulfed in flames.

Drake stood up as the bird let go off the mountain and flew around it like it was going to try for another pass. "You're not gonna kill that thing with an arrow even one embedded with demonic magic, that is a huge demon. Those things don't die easily trust me on this" he said to the two of them. The Zizz flew around it was encircling the area, almost as if it was protecting something "I think we're near its nest or something? What do you think hawkeye?" Drake asked Samuel.

It was still circling the entrance of the cave as if it was protecting something above it.

Anthony
Member Avatar
Hunter
[ *  *  * ]
Anthony watched the way Vanita was acting. She was being so cowardly, he'd hope that she wouldn't he could understand her shock at being mortal. But that wasn't the case right now, Drake and the others were already outside and she was leaning against the wall talking about her soul or something. "Vanita!" Anthony yelled at her like he never did before.

His voice was no longer full of concern but was hard as was the expression on his face. He put his hand on her wound healing her "You have got to get a fucking hold of yourself!" he yelled to her "Get up, we can't stay in here, you stand up right now" he told her pulling her no longer being gentle "You're not gonna sit in here and start acting like a scared little girl. You're mortal yes but so are all of us, now act like the freakin Saiben Hell Guard and move your ass" he told her still pulling her along.

He figured she'd be mad at him, but he wasn't going to baby her, she wanted to come with them, Uriel warned her. She was going to have to be strong now, if she wanted a chance to save Altanero she was going to have to be strong. "Mortals die, but we don't die without a fight...and neither will you not lets get the hell out of this cave!" Anthony ordered her.

MikDaTv
No Avatar
Advance Member
[ * ]
When the creatures wingspan blotted out the sun is when Samuel saw his moment. Time slowed down for him and he made a minor adjustment to his aim and let the arrow fly. He hoped Isabella knew what she was doing. His arrow flew straight and true right into the creatures wing, piercing and sticking into it.

As the flames dove towards them from the dragons breath, Samuel ducked and dragged Isabella down with him to avoid the fire.

"That wasn't supposed to kill it stupid. It was supposed to buy us some time to get under cover." Samuel yelled over the sound of flames and wings.

"Besides..." He said as he drew another arrow and knocked it. "Who said anything about a single arrow. Go you two, get to cover and regroup, i'm right behind you." He said to Isabella and Drake.

He turned around to face the creature and started moving again, covering those who didn't have ranged weapons. He drew back and waited for the creature to come back into range while stepping backwards towards the cliff face.

Edited by MikDaTv, Feb 2 2012, 10:53 AM.

Drake
Member Avatar
The Avenging Hell Slayer
Drake looked at Samuel "Do you really think you could kill it if you got a good shot?" he asked him, he wasn't sure how good the guy was but he seemed confident he could at least buy them time. Drake needed to know if he could actually kill it with a well placed arrow, becasue at this rate they weren't going to get away that easily.

The giant bird was still circling them, and it didn't look like it was ready to let up any time soon. Drake was sure it was becasue they invaded its nest but maybe it just needed food for its babies. "Okay then, just make sure you next few arrows can kill that thing, I'll run interferance until Anthony and Vanita get out of the damned cave" Drake said to Samuel he smirked at him then turned to Isabella winking at her.

Taking off towards the bird Drake threw his arms in the air "Hey over here!" Drake said pulling out his sword the thing glowed slightly, like a moth to the flame the huge bird went towards the demonic energy. Drake fell to the ground as the thing swooped passed him. It turned around coming back around, Drake stood up and started running the bird chasing him.

MikDaTv
No Avatar
Advance Member
[ * ]
"I might not be able to kill it with a well placed shot. At least not instantly. But i might be able to ground it if i hit it's wings enough. That flaming arrow probably tore it up good." Samuel replied.

He was using the broad head arrows to make a larger hole. With enough of them the creature's wings would stop being able to lift it through the air and it would crash. Once on the ground it's effectiveness would be highly limited.

"Just don't get eaten by it!" Samuel yelled after drake when he ran off. "We don't have to much live bait just lying around." He smirked and started firing off arrows, one after another, waiting until the thing swooped down low enough to attack drake so it was in range and aimed for the wings.

Isabella
Member Avatar
Dark Sorceress
Vanita pulled away from Anthony with a weak scowl on her face,"Hold your tongue, Knight." She cringed as she touched the cut on her arm,"The witch is using my powers to enforce her magic. Understand? She is trying to hit that demon with Angelic power. MY ANGELIC POWER. I am not myself. Her draining me is painful. Want to trade places? Want her to weaken you when you are actually useful?"

Vanita didn't wait for a response,"Let the abomination do her work. Let us hope that she can succeed."

Isabella watched as Drake took off with a mixture of admiration and aggravation. Why did men have to be so stupid? This was not some sanctioned battle. Wild demons just wanted blood. These beasts had too much power. She closed her eyes, focusing on the power that was being drawn from the blood on her arms. The direct source to Vanita was pretty helpful.

Fire sparked up in her palms again, wrapping around her arms. Instead of trying to simply ignite the arrow, she aimed the sickly green flame directly at the demon. With any luck, the use of Vanita's power would make the flame act as a poison as well as a weapon. Bella's eyes were completely glossy black for a moment as she forced the flame to expand and hit home.

Vanita gritted her teeth,"No mortal can be used this way. Be lucky that you aren't her tool." Her skin turned as white as parchment and bruises began to blossom across her body.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Northern Territory Wastlands · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Spectre RPG
Black Water created by tiptopolive of IDS