Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements

Dark Rain will be getting a re-skin. Have your voice heard, make your views and ideas known in the News & Updates section.
Dark Rain 2.0
Posted Image
Posted Image

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Genetic War
Topic Started: 2 Feb 2011, 09:02 (659 Views)
prof_tatori
Member Avatar
Self-appointed B-day man
[ *  * ]
watching the psyche incinerate the transmitter inside the gun, Eric mentally winced again. A pyrokinteic telekinetic. The only way it could get worse is if Kevin were already hot on their tail, which, at the speeds they were going, would be impossible to tell via his powers.

Then the man stated nearly Eric's exact thoughts. the man was debating killing them all, not just him. Great. a pyrokinetic telekinetic unreadable man, with extremely proficient combat skills and thoughts of murder was his get away.

Then the guns landed in his lap, and the man delivered his ultimatum. Try to run or kill me and end up dead. At least Eric now had three pistols, one of which no one in the car knew about, as if that would do any good.

"Not scared, I'd be crazy if I weren't absolutely terrified right now!" He half yelled. might as well make them think he was slightly unstable emotionally, and he was pretty scared. "I jumped in this car out of desperation to find a psychopath was the only way out!" with that he grabbed one of the pistols and shoved it into his jacket's left outer pocket, and put the other in his right.

As was his habit, he scanned the surface thoughts of those around him, which due to the speed, and the driver's mental masking, was only the two 'angels' in the back seat. The girl seemed to be planning to get away at her first chance, and he didn't blame her. That left the male. He seemed confused about... trust and desperation of all things, cyclical thoughts about which lead to which.

Then a lightbulb turned on in Eric's brain. The man he was riding with was after the angels, not him, judging by his initial attack and his reaction to Eric's arrival. He'd killed the agents after the female angel. And he had expensive tech and was extremely deadly.

He was a bounty hunter, or something of the sort, and the angels were his next meal ticket. That changed everything.
Posted Image
The professor is in,open the door to your mind, and see other realms
Posted Image Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

tyrade
Member Avatar
Overly hyperactive posting village idiot
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"Fear is a human emotion." Gabriel said from the backseat, looking out the window. "I was programmed to think like a human, but I was never taught fear. Do I trust you with my life? No, not one bit. You were a way to delay the inevitable. Should my counterpart have found me during that fight I would not have escaped, and I picked the more logical choice. Either choice carried a high probability of death, this option had a twenty percent lower risk, standing at about a 65% death risk while staying behind to challenge Damien as well as those agents presented an 85% death risk. Fear is not what I am feeling. However I am picking up a high level of confidence in your ability to systematically annihilate all three of us should we attempt escape. I am not that easy of a kill, and will not be looked upon as a coward. If you plan to make a try at my life, then do it and let one of us go out like a warrior. But if you are going to make empty threats do not bother and simply move us to wherever you are taking us."

Gabriel knew his boldness could anger the man, but he would rather not continue debating with himself whether or not this man was going to try to kill them.
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

It seems every serial killer is someone you least expect, meaning we are safest around those we expect to kill us
Offline Profile Goto Top

Trackgirl91
No Avatar
General Purpose Roleplayer
[ * ]
"I don't let my emotions control me, no matter what I feel." Vanessa said softly, pulling a white shirt out of the backpack. She pulled it on with a little difficulty thanks to her wings. She sat back and closed her eyes, slowly drifting into a deep healing sleep. She wasn't comfortable sleeping with three strangers in the car with her, but she was thinking she could trust Gabriel. At least she thought she could.

If she wasn't already injured and weak, her mind would have been leading her down the same road Eric was heading. Her conclusion similar to his own. After all Jace had broken into her room, not Eric's. And Gabriel hadn't even been staying at the motel, he had just followed her there. But lucky for Jace, she was down for the count, for a few hours.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Trackgirl91
No Avatar
[ * ]
Daniel stood atop the roof of the cheap motel, wind rustling through his short brown hair. He was tall and lean, not an ounce of fat anywhere on his strong body. He had been designed specifally to fight against the likes of his counterpart. Built so he'd be able to fight despite not having wings of his own. He smiled coldly as he stared out at the rode the car had escaped on, contemplating his next move.

In one of his hands he held a long black feather, one edge matted by the blood it had landed in. It was proof of just how heavily injured his prey was. She would need downtime to recover from that kind of wound. He only wished he had been the one to inflict it, rather than just her wings growing back. He clutched the feather, his face turning into an ugly grimace as he considered his options.

He could return to base and wait for her next move, but if he did so this bounty hunter the agency had hired was likely to turn her in first. He didn't like that at all. Instead he could go by what he had been able to learn of the hunter. Granted that they remained driving in the direction they were, they were headed for the lower part of the united states. Making a guess based on the hunter, he had to assume they were heading somewhere even there kind could get lost. That left very few choices. California and nevada being the top two.

Daniel jumped from the roof, landing in a crouch on the ground beside the small puddle of Vanessa's blood. He stood up straight and looked around for a vehicle to hot-wire. He would just have to trust his instincts on this one, and every fiber of him screamed two words 'The Strip'. It would be the easiest way to get lost in a crowd considering all of the weird humans who frequented the place on a yearly basis just to lose their hard earned money.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

tyrade
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"A hunter I presume?" Damien said, kneeling on the rooftop Daniel had just been standing on. "If you are after that bitch with the black feathers she has someone with her that would present a significant... challenge, should you try attacking her now. The Gabriel project is with her, he is one of us. He won't go down quite so easily."
Damien jumped down. He had the same angelic features Gabriel did, except his hair and feathers on his wings were brown. A black bladed sword with a black hilt at his waist.
"I'm assuming you are thinking the same thing I am, that they are heading somewhere they can blend in with all the freaks in costume year round. MY best guest is the Las Vegas strip, unless you have a different suggestion."
Damien's cold green eyes looked Daniel over, he had no wings. It seemed he had been designed for brute force rather than tact. A fine challenge for a converted human, but to take take a lab grown like themselves an even playing field would be needed.

"What do you say we join forces? We are after all working for the same side, and Gabriel will most likely interfere with your kill if someone is not there to keep his sword occupied." Damien had knowledge of persuasion due to his human programing. He had cruel manipulation abilities but knew he was talking to what might as well be a machine. The dark angel had heard about this man, he was not bred like Gabriel and himself. He felt no emotion and seemed to run purely on logic.
Posted Image

It seems every serial killer is someone you least expect, meaning we are safest around those we expect to kill us
Offline Profile Goto Top

prof_tatori
Member Avatar
Self-appointed B-day man
[ *  * ]
Kevin stepped out of his car and scanned the area. It seemed that Eric had escaped in the vehicle that had fled the hotel when he arrived. That, along with the obvious agents scurrying all over the place and the Gunshots told him exactly what he needed to know. Of course Eric was looking for other mutants.

After all, Eric was supposed to be a leader. That's what Drakken Corp was training him for, before he escaped. But Kevin knew his place. He served the corporation loyally.

So, how long before Eric resurfaced with his new 'friends'? As he thought that, Kevin saw a man leap from the hotel's roof, and instantly recognized what it was. One of the hunters, from a different company.

Then the angel began talking abot this 'Gabriel project', and how they were probably heading for Las Vegas. Perhaps these two could be of use...

Walking towards the other two, Kevin said "From what i hear you're after the very same car I am. And you have no idea who all is with your targets. I do, and believe me, Eric is nothing to be laughed at. Now, I propose we create an alliance, the three of us could easily out maneuver our counterparts, and together we have a far greater chance of success."

Let them think he needed their help, but when the time come, his only concern was taking Eric back to the lab alive.
Posted Image
The professor is in,open the door to your mind, and see other realms
Posted Image Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Trackgirl91
No Avatar
[ * ]
Daniel looked at Damien as he spoke, his hazel eyes showing little concern for what the other said. He tilted his head to the side then looked to the car that had just driven up. This other man had started speaking as well. What made these fools think he needed or wanted their help? He shook his head, his eyes roaming over the car that was still running.

"if the two of you would like to tag along with me I won't stop you." he said calmly after a long moment of silence. "but make no mistake we aren't allies. Your targets don't interest me in the slightest, but if they get in my way I won't hesitate to kill them. I'm going to find her and wait until she leaves that group behind." he sounded completely confident about the last part, but then hadn't she left Jason behind to come to this ratty hotel in the first place?

He knew his prey well. He knew she had major trust issues. She would be suspicious of the men with her to the point that it would itch. She would escape the hunter, and he would be there waiting when she did so. He guessed she had only gone with them in the first place because of her injuries. He smiled, crushing the feather in his hand and dropping it before walking over to kevin's car and sliding into the back seat behind the driver. It was a strategic position, if the driver tried anything funny he could kill him from behind.

"don't waste my time." he snapped to the other two. "stand there and chat like a bunch of women or start driving. They've already got a good lead on us, so unless you want to lose your prey to that hunter they're with you'll hurry your asses up." with that said he leaned back in the seat with his arms crossed behind his head and closed his eyes, his body relaxing slowly. He was content to let someone else do the driving for now.
Edited by Trackgirl91, 18 Mar 2011, 15:05.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

tyrade
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"Cocky little shit isn't he?" Damien laughed before climbing into the passenger seat. he probably could fly after them but between being spotted and interfered with or being tired by time he managed to find Gabriel it just wasn't worth the risk. Gabriel was strong whether his wingless acquaintance was willing to admit it or not. Not hesitating to kill didn't mean waving his hand and the problem was gone. Damien's target wasn't like Daniels. She was originally a human, and had human frailty. Gabriel was like them, geneticly engineered for battle. He would not go down with a bullet wound or a strong backhand. But Damien decided to let it go for now. Daniel would get a crash course should he try to engage his counterparts new ally.

He was curious to what this new guy was about though. He knew Damien's strength as well as the two other angels but he had no idea what the other guy was about. What was his deal?
Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · RPs · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

RPG-D Photobucket RPGfix AmongTheStars Twenty/Thirteen: OC Modern Fantasy RPG