Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Crossfit Cp. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Biggdave's workout log
Topic Started: Dec 15 2008, 09:47 PM (711 Views)
Biggdave
Member Avatar

Dreading the Fifty. Will Do Tomorrow am. Ugh. Now I owe Nikki this one.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Biggdave
Member Avatar

Dave's Confession:

Man what a humbling workout. Just finished today's wod. I have a splitting headache (from the workout) and my hands are shaking worse than Nick Nolte with the DTs. I did this workout back in July Rx (275lbs) with a time of 15:04. Definitely not elite, but not too bad.

In LA, John B. spoke of accountability. I realized that my accountability only comes from myself. After injuring the evil left shoulder, I let my CrossFit workouts become quite sporadic. I tried to substitute with mind numbing met con, but to no avail. As we all know, the only thing that can prepare you for CrossFit is CrossFit.

At this point in our story I must issue an apology. See, my leadership skills have deteriorated, becoming quite poor. No excuses. Now, to brag, my coaching is excellent. My leadership however, began to slowly descend into the depths of mediocrity, bordering on full out hypocrisy.

In the last month I have run 2-3 miles on average twice a week. I have done 3 jump rope workouts and 1 concept 2 rower workout. I have only done 4 CrossFit workouts(Mr. Joshua, Grace, Diane, and Annie). Oh yeah, I did do Michael too, so that is 5. I have let work, injury and various forms of demonic excuses best me. Damn I suck right now.

But no longer! "I will not go softly into that good night!"

Pay close attention here, as accountability leaps in to save our protagonist.

I will Pay $20 cash money to the first person who calls me on not getting in a minimum of 3 CrossFit workouts per week.

So there you have it. The Great bargain. You have to have some skin in the game to get what you want out of it.

Today's WOD

10 Deadlifts 225 (didn't feel that heavy, but to put it in clear concise language, strength is not my weakness)
10 Burpees

5 rounds in 14:24 and I was sucking wind!

Biggdave
Member Avatar

Today, woke up to

Tabata Squats 141

Tabata abmat Situps 112 ouch!

New I would be busy so started right away!

Felt great the rest of the day.

Biggdave
Member Avatar

Today. Robin and I decided to do a
Workout in the park.

I didn't realize how sore I was till I started squating.

Run. .8 mile
25 squats
25 situps

4 rounds. 56:05

Tough but I feel great now!

Biggdave
Member Avatar

Last night, Late.

50 squats
50 sit ups

6 rounds

felt like crap due to the great nutrition I have been following the last week.

Later today I plan on Clean and Jerks

Biggdave
Member Avatar

5 Clean and Jerk
5 Pull ups

5 rounds

8:27

The cleans were easy. Next time maybe 155.

The pull ups tough as I am pretty heavy for me right now.

After that I did some skill work on the jump rope. About 10 minutes of
various patterns: doubles, singles, speed, running/jumping, skiers, crosses, etc.

Biggdave
Member Avatar

Haven't really been near a computer.

Sunday night December 28 close to midnight

10 burpees
20 push ups
30 lunges
40 sit ups
50 squats

Monday
December 29

Run 2 miles. Then on to Houston for MJ's treatment.

Finally, home. Exhausted. That trip always takes so much out of us all.

Biggdave
Member Avatar

Last night

2 min bag
2 min jump rope
1 min sit ups/ab work

5 rounds

Felt good to hit the bag!

Tonight

did this one for the first time. I like it.

With a continuously running clock do one 135 pound Clean and Jerk the first minute, two 135 pound Clean and Jerks the second minute, three 135 pound Clean and Jerks the third minute... continuing as long as you are able.

Use as many sets each minute as needed.

8 rounds plus 2.

Definitely think I can get 10. Food Food Food.

I felt like crap but love this workout. As expected felt better when I was finished. Shoulder got sore but seems to have gone away with stretching

I will have to workout in Arizona tomorrow as our flight leaves early.

Hook 'Em

Biggdave
Member Avatar

Yesterday we got to hike up part of Camelback in Arizona. Not really a workout but man I felt amazing when
we got back down! I literally went from misery and exhaustion to hyped up and giddy, (yes giddy). You could say the effect was drug like.

Today I did the wod here

40 push press #65
30 squats
20 ring dips
10 double unders

3 rounds in 22:14

The ring dips killed. My tri's and shoulders were fried by the last set. Everything else was tough but not unbearable. I am definitely cutting some calories, (carbs) out right now so we will see how I feel.

Biggdave
Member Avatar

On Friday 1/9/09 I ran a 5k. Felt great. I love being outside.

Today

Row 1k

Squat ladder 95lbs

16 rounds plus most of 17. Had 3 reps left! Damn! Next time 20!

I love this workout. My legs don't feel like this on tabata! Pain and muscle burn, I need it.

Felt good today, I have been eating clean. No monsters for 6 days.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Workout Logs · Next Topic »
Add Reply