Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Crossfit Cp. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Paleo Recipes; Paleo Recipes
Topic Started: Apr 7 2009, 01:53 PM (7,140 Views)
Nikki
Member Avatar
Nikki
Everyone feel free to add your Paleo Recipes here.

Sloppy Joes
-----------
Sauté until tender:
2 tbs. olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced

Add to the pan:
1 lb. ground beef, crumbled

Continue cooking and stirring until the beef starts to brown. Then stir
in:
2 cups of your favorite tomato sauce
1 Tbs. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cumin powder

Casual Joe
----------
Brown and crumble some ground beef with chopped onions and garlic (aboutan onion to a pound or a bit more of beef.) Pour off the excess grease,stir in a package of chopped spinach, cooked and well drained. Thenstir in 3 or 4 beaten eggs, and stir until eggs are set. I don't evenlike spinach and I love this dish!

Paleo-Chili
-----------
2 lbs ground buffalo
1 cup chopped onion
3 cloves chopped garlic
2-4 Tbs fat (I use pork fat)
2 cups canned chopped tomatoes (I use organic such as Muir Glen)
4 Tbs chile powder
1 teaspoon dry oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
Brown ground buffalo with chopped onion and chopped garlic, in fat. Thenadd chopped tomatoes, chile powder, oregano, cumin, and salt. Add water,then simmer the mixture for at least two hours, until the meat is verytender and the tomatoes pretty much cook into the sauce. Four hours is nottoo much, but check to make sure it does not go dry.

Hans' Meatballs
---------------
Usually you fill in some bread crums in meatballs, but thats not for us.So I used some fine grated carrot instead:
0.5 kilo ground meat (I have used both elk and beef)
1 ordinary sized carrot (not too big)
1 small onion (fresh ones including green stalk is best)
1 egg
spices as you wish
Grate the carrot fine, chop the onion in a food processor (blender)and then pour in the other things. Mix. Make balls (the mix is quitewet and loose, so this is smeary). Fry. Eat & enjoy!

Just Plain Chili
----------------
2 pounds of lean ground beef
1 bell pepper
6 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp olive oil
fresh ground pepper to taste
3 Tbsp cumin, or to taste
1 1/2 Tbsp chili powder, or to taste
1 can tomatoes
(28-32 oz) Light coals in grill. While coals are setting, 30-45 minutes, form groundbeef into large patties. Clean, deseed, and chop the pepper. Mince garlic.In a large deep-shouldered skillet, heat olive oil, milling in fresh pepperto taste. Add bell pepper and sauté 5-7 minutes. Turn heat off and stir inminced garlic. Grill patties over coals until medium rare, no more than 5minutes on each side. Turn heat on high under skillet and place patties inskillet with garlic, oil, and pepper mixture. Break up patties into smallpieces with spatula and brown meat thoroughly. Add tomatoes. Mash and breakup tomatoes with spatula, and mix in thoroughly. Add enough water to coverall ingredients, reduce heat to low, and let simmer 2 hours or more.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Nutrition Logs · Next Topic »
Add Reply