The Staff members of Crimson Wind Academy are expected to do the following:
1. Maintain a minimum level of discipline (punishing members for breaking the rules when they break rules)
2. Exercise staff powers on members only when necessary (no bans "for no reason")
3. Approve profiles of new members and the updated profiles of existing members in a timely manner
4. Change the member groups of members when their character changes dorms.
5. Change a member's name when they change their primary character.
6. Keep the forum decently organized (delete spam, move topics to the appropriate sections, add sections, etc)
7. Update forum sections as needed.
8. RP regularly and maintain the general flow of the Role Play
9. Listen to all members fairly without bias. (applies to both disputes and ideas members offer)
10. Periodically add new skins to the board
11. Advertise our forum and build relationships with other communities of role-players and duelists
12. Create and maintain a historical record of the academy
In order to elect our Staff Team for the next 3 months (2 Admins and 1 Global Moderator), we will proceed the following way:The Candidacy Topics
Those members seeking a Staff position must post a Candidacy Topic in Forum Feedback's "Candidacy Topic Section"
to be considered as potential Staff members by the members of the forum. Candidacy Topics can be created starting from April 12th, 2012 until the end of Tuesday, April 17th (EST; GMT -5:00).
In these Candidacy Topics, the topic creator (TC) should state the month and year of application in the topic title; in the main post, state whether they wish to be an Admin, a Global Moderator, or both. (If the TC does not state one, they will be considered for all 3 spots.)Voting
As no one gave input to Billie's topic
, we will continue as we have with the previous election.
People can post their votes immediately upon the creation of a Candidacy Topic and are free/encouraged to further discuss the qualifications of the potential Staff member within their Candidacy Topic. A "Yes" vote is worth +2 Vote Points; a "No" vote is worth -2 points. If you voted in one of the Candidacy Topics, you are considered to have voted "Neutral (+1 point) in all of the other Candidacy Topics until you post in them as well
Example(adjusted from Billie's original):
- Allison, Billie and Charlotte each make a topic on January 10th and 11th, respectively. Someone posts in Billie's topic as a "yes"; they are also considered as casting a "neutral" vote for Allison and Charlotte until they post in those other topics.
- Danielle casts a "no" vote for Allison; it's a "neutral" vote for Billie and Charlotte too until she posts there.
- Enjeru Karasu makes a topic some time later, within the time frame. Until they post in Enjeru's topic, Allison, Billie, Charlotte, and Danielle are considered to have cast a "neutral" vote towards Enjeru; likewise, Enjeru's vote towards A/B/C is considered "neutral" until he posts in their topics.
The primary thinking was that if you cared enough about CWA politics, yet didn't care enough to decidedly say "yes" or "no" to the individual candidates in their respective topics, you were probably neutral on them anyway.People have until the end of Saturday, April 21st (EST; GMT -5:00) to vote for every candidate.
(That's 5 days during Topic Creation[due to late election announcement] and 4 extra days after Topic Creation ends.) To change your vote for someone, create a new post in the appropriate Candidacy Topic, for it to be considered. (You cannot vote for yourself.)
While we are
treating this site as PG-13,bad language, swearing, etc etc, will not be tolerated in any of the Candidacy Topics, whether by the TC or anyone else.
(Even if you know/believe a certain word shouldn't count as bad language/swearing, you had better play it safe and not use it. If you do, it is at your own risk and you will not have the right to complain later, no matter how simple an issue you find it to be. Do not talk down to anyone, don't tell them to shut up, or to be quiet, or anything of that nature.)
The offending post will be deleted/hidden for reference on sight, regardless of who wrote it. Additionally, in the case that it is the TC's opening post, not only will the topic
be deleted, that user will no longer be able to run in this election
.Results of Voting
At the end of the voting period, once the votes are tallied, the two (2) candidates with the highest number of Vote Points, who were eligible for Admin, will get the 2 available Admin positions, and then, the highest candidate eligible for G.Mod gets the lone Global Moderator spot.
In the case of any ties, priority goes to the candidate(s) who specifically wanted their stated position. If a tie persists beyond that, there will be a 2-day tiebreaker vote.
If there weren't enough candidates and there are still openings, elections for those open positions will be held immediately and will last for an amount of time to be decided at a later date.
It should be noted that if you posted an accepted profile (at any time, not just the new year - as such, you've got a member group color [or you are admin]), and you gained at least 2 Post Count (not 2 posts) from between March 2012 and the end of Wednesday, April 11th, 2012, you are eligible to vote or run for Staff.
- In Summary
Elections begin on April 12th, 2012Candidacy Topic Creation:
Thursday, April 12th, 2012, until the end of Tuesday, April 17th, 2012 (EST; GMT -5:00)
(Topics posted prior to April 12th [EST; GMT -5:00] will be deleted on sight! [N/A this time around
])Voting (in Candidacy Topics):
(essentially) Thursday, April 12th, 2012, until the end of Saturday, April 21st, 2012 (EST; GMT -5:00)
**Any questions, concerns, or suggestions to improve this process must be posted in this topic no later than the end of Monday, April 16th, 2012 (EST; GMT -5:00) to be considered.Goal: Elect two (2) Administrators and one (1) Global Moderator
For Global Moderator