Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
A New Assignment
Topic Started: Nov 2 2009, 09:15 PM (238 Views)
DarkSaber
Member Avatar
Hazard
[ * ]
Devon Carter sat down at her desk inside her GUNGNIR quarters. She was debating on whether she wanted to locate Felicia’s last known locate or not. The last time she tracked down Felicia it almost got her and her partner Horus killed.

In Devon’s opinion tracking down Felicia was just a waste of GUNGNIR’s time and money. Felicia was not a major threat she was just…trouble. Even though she is a Power her abilities have not progressed enough even consider her a flight risk if she was ever arrested and put on trial, but then again nothing was as it would seem.

A few months ago Devon and her partner Horus were assigned to capture Felicia because she had been spotted causing more trouble than usual.

Horus and Devon had gone after her. She thought capturing Felicia would be an easy task instead Felicia made it damn near impossible to capture her. Felicia had managed to outsmart them when they would try a different approach to capture her.

When Devon had tried to confront Felicia, Felicia did not want to hear what she had to say so she blasted her with a thermo detonator and into a pile of junk. She had also managed to slip by Horus too.

Of course Devon was not very experienced at first when she was assigned to go on that mission but now since she had been out on missions she was finally getting the hang of working with GUNGNIR even though she did not agree with their ways.

Devon sighed wishing that she had not let Felicia slip through her fingers. She her phone ring to the tone of Inside the Fire

"What?" she asked as she flipped the phone opened, obviously not in the mood to talk.

After a few minutes Devon slammed the receiver down. Apparently the phone call was from the boss and she was not very happy with what he had to say and pulled out her lap top and logged onto her email account.

Her boss sent her an email informing her that she and Horus have been assigned to go after Felicia again. This time she had been cited a few days ago and now she had a warrant issuing her to be arrested for her first crime of attacking and killing, second crime of destroying military equipment, and now her recent attack on two members of GUNGNIR.

Devon sighed. Sometimes working here was a pain in the neck sometimes. She knew if she didn’t do what was asked that she would get into serious trouble. Once she had thought about leaving GUNGNIR, but some of the powers who were free would recognize her and some of them held grudges against her just like her cousin Felicia.

Devon sighed again. Now all she wanted was to get the hell away from all this or at least get a cup of Starbucks coffee before they had to leave for their mission.
Edited by DarkSaber, Nov 2 2009, 09:52 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DarkSaber
Member Avatar
Hazard
[ * ]
The phone in Devon’s office rang again and Devon knocked over a stack of papers that was on top of her desk. “Crap,” she said under breath and she answered her cell phone.

“Hello?” she said.

“Hey Devon we got a location on where Felicia is,” said Brass.

“Great tell me where she is,” she said.

“She was last seen somewhere in Zone two, but we don’t know for how long,” Brass said.

“I’ll head up there as soon as I can,” Devon replied. “I have to wait for my partner to get his ass here in order for me to head out.”

Devon hung up the phone and picked up the case file that she knocked down and put them in her backpack.
Edited by DarkSaber, Nov 13 2009, 05:09 PM.

Fog
Member Avatar
The Eye
[ * ]
Horus appeared in the doorway of Devon's office with two cups of coffee. He cleared his throat. "I just got the call. We're going after Felicia again?" He took a few steps into the office and set one cup down for Devon. The place hadn't changed much since he left a few weeks ago on personal business, one of the freedoms now afforded him since the destruction all record of his infected status. As long as Devon was keeping his secret, Horus had a vested interest in staying on her good side. "They're putting a lot of resources into tracking her down. I'm starting to wonder if there's something they aren't telling us..."

DarkSaber
Member Avatar
Hazard
[ * ]
Devon looked up when she saw Horus enter her office. “Yeah we’re going after her again,” she said.

She smiled when he handed her the cup of coffee. “Thanks I needed this,” she said as she grabbed the cup and drank from it.

“Before go head long into this insane adventure,” she said. “I think it’s best if we come up with a plan before we start tracking Felicia down. Last time we went in without a plan the mission went to hell.”

She paused for a moment and said, “I do however know that she is hiding somewhere in either Zone 2 of Manhattan, but I’m not quite sure where at exactly.”

Devon rubbed her eyes and blinked her green eyes as they changed to hazel. She had been working on Felicia’s case for a week and now her case was starting to get under her skin more than she liked and when that happens Devon starts to get a little too worked up. She shook her head. The sooner they caught Felicia the better off they would be. She went back to looking at her computer. It was easy to see that Devon appeared to be a little edgy.
Edited by DarkSaber, Nov 17 2009, 06:56 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Gungnir/STRIKE HQ · Next Topic »
Add Reply