Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Speculative biology is simultaneously a science and form of art in which one speculates on the possibilities of life and evolution. What could the world look like if dinosaurs had never gone extinct? What could alien lifeforms look like? What kinds of plants and animals might exist in the far future? These questions and more are tackled by speculative biologists, and the Speculative Evolution welcomes all relevant ideas, inquiries, and world-building projects alike. With a member base comprising users from across the world, our community is the largest and longest-running place of gathering for speculative biologists on the web.

While unregistered users are able to browse the forum on a basic level, registering an account provides additional forum access not visible to guests as well as the ability to join in discussions and contribute yourself! Registration is free and instantaneous.

Join our community today!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
So what happened to you today X; Tenth in the trilogy of five
Topic Started: Aug 24 2017, 02:23 AM (57,115 Views)
Holben
Member Avatar
Rumbo a la Victoria

Welcome to SWHTYT, where nothing's on topic and the likes don't matter.
Time flows like a river. Which is to say, downhill. We can tell this because everything is going downhill rapidly. It would seem prudent to be somewhere else when we reach the sea.

"It is the old wound my king. It has never healed."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ebervalius
Member Avatar
Transhuman
We have 10 of these? Noice...
The Sirens of the Land of Fire
Codex Ebervaliorum

Spoiler: click to toggle

Archeoraptor
Member Avatar
"A living paradox"
has anyone seem Assassin´s creed origins trailer about celopatra and Caesar and the silly brother of her
Astarte an alt eocene world,now on long hiatus but you never know
Fanauraa; The rebirth of Aotearoa future evo set in new zealand after a mass extinction
coming soon......a world that was seeded with earth´s weridest
and who knows what is coming next...........

" I have to know what the world will be looking throw a future beyond us
I have to know what could have been if fate acted in another way
I have to know what lies on the unknown universe
I have to know that the laws of thee universe can be broken
throw The Spec I gain strength to the inner peace
the is not good of evil only nature and change,the evolution of all livings beings"
"

trex841
Member Avatar
Entity
Yep, knew this hammer was cracking down soon. Whelp, tenth verse, same as the first. :P
F.I.N.D.R
Mapping the Multiverse

Basic Project ideas and notes. Subject to change as I get my thoughts straight.

Katiwala - A pulp fiction Lost World, with a logical evolutionary history, but hopefully still capturing the atmosphere.
Heaven & Hell - Two factions of an otherworldly species that came to earth to harvest humanity and inspired our views of Angels and Demons.
замороженный конец - An Ice Age world populated by tripodal organisms. (Might not keep the Ice Age part, though I worry it might be too much like Nereus that way.)
The Great River - a world consisting only of a massive, ever looping waterway.
New New Amsterdam - Exploring life in an abandoned city, still being upkeep-ed by automated systems.
The Everdark Forest - The plants here have a near perfect light absorption rate, forcing the fauna to make due without sight.
The Gate Worlds - A fantasy world split apart by the gods into one biome 'realms', populated by monsters also of their making.
Aether - A "Space is an Ocean" style world of floating mountains, sky whales, and a breathable void in between.
Apocalypse - Metaphysical forces have changed this world into one both beautiful and terrifying
Bottle Beasts - A Pokemon style world where humans live alongside creatures of fantastic power.
Tiny Buns - a study into the nature of Friendship Magic. Yes, really.

Dr Nitwhite
Member Avatar
Luddite
SWHTYTX does look better than SWHTYTY.
Speculative Evolution Projects-

Other Relevant Work-

SE Lifelist standings as of 7/25/17

BREAKING NEWS
We interrupt your regular programming to bring you this cutting edge report.
ATTENDANCE DROPS DRASTICALLY ON SE SERVER
This past Monday on Discord, famous server Speculative Evolution took a hit in the attendance office when it's offline member list suddenly reappeared. Mods scrambled to rectify the situation, but unfortunately there was little anyone could do. Server member Ivan was asked what he thought of the situation. "So long as Flisch, lord of machines and scion of Urborg lives, all will be well". SE, (in)famous for it's eccentric userbase, has recently been spiraling downward, and now we have hard conformation of the decline. Moderator "High Lord" Icthyander states "There is nothing to be concerned about, Discord is merely changing its UI again", but members are beginning to suspect the honesty of their staff.
Stay tuned, we'll be back with more at 11.

trex841
Member Avatar
Entity
Posted Image
F.I.N.D.R
Mapping the Multiverse

Basic Project ideas and notes. Subject to change as I get my thoughts straight.

Katiwala - A pulp fiction Lost World, with a logical evolutionary history, but hopefully still capturing the atmosphere.
Heaven & Hell - Two factions of an otherworldly species that came to earth to harvest humanity and inspired our views of Angels and Demons.
замороженный конец - An Ice Age world populated by tripodal organisms. (Might not keep the Ice Age part, though I worry it might be too much like Nereus that way.)
The Great River - a world consisting only of a massive, ever looping waterway.
New New Amsterdam - Exploring life in an abandoned city, still being upkeep-ed by automated systems.
The Everdark Forest - The plants here have a near perfect light absorption rate, forcing the fauna to make due without sight.
The Gate Worlds - A fantasy world split apart by the gods into one biome 'realms', populated by monsters also of their making.
Aether - A "Space is an Ocean" style world of floating mountains, sky whales, and a breathable void in between.
Apocalypse - Metaphysical forces have changed this world into one both beautiful and terrifying
Bottle Beasts - A Pokemon style world where humans live alongside creatures of fantastic power.
Tiny Buns - a study into the nature of Friendship Magic. Yes, really.

Dragon
Member Avatar
/r/GamingCirclejerk is the best subreddit, don't @ me
Ebervalius
Aug 24 2017, 04:22 AM
They have been going on since 2011, and we go through about one thread every six months.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life," John 3:16

A neat pixel animation of a future cowboy

trex841

Hey, their right to get freaky ends when it goes up my nose.

I think this describes what dinosaurs are like now

Click for something good. Click this too.

Icthyander
Member Avatar

Where's the link in the first post to the last thread, Holben? You getting lazy in your old age?
Movie Monsters- It Came from Beneath...
Legend of Zelda- The Creatures of Zelda

We have a discord. If you want to join, simply message me, Flisch or Sphenodon.

It's All About Me

Troy Troodon
Member Avatar
Prime Specimen
Does anyone think Hyaenodon is an Oligocene analogy for Allosaurus?
I was benevolent and good, but misery made me a fiend!

LittleLazyLass
Member Avatar
Mod-Chan

Dragon
Aug 24 2017, 11:29 AM
Ebervalius
Aug 24 2017, 04:22 AM
They have been going on since 2011, and we go through about one thread every six months.
How's that work? I joined halfway into 2014 and was definitely around for part of SWHTYT3.

Also wow, I've been around for seven of these now.
totally not British, b-baka!
Posted Image You like me (Unlike)
I don't even really like this song that much but the title is pretty relatable sometimes, I guess.
Me
Important Stuff

Skwidbox
Member Avatar
Cozy in cardboard
I'm writing my college application essay on speculative biology - do you guys mind if I name some of your projects?
I won't use your usernames or anything, I just want to give examples of the ones that really inspire me.
If you like the colors yellow and orange, check out my xenobiology project, Ishtar!
Try not to get stung by the frogs.

Do not open!

Troy Troodon
Member Avatar
Prime Specimen
Posted Image

Some progress for that AU Hell Creek set in My Fantasy World; which I now call 'Earda.'
I was benevolent and good, but misery made me a fiend!

Nyarlathotep
Member Avatar
The Creeping Chaos
I'm getting closer to my weight loss goals now. I've lost over 24kg so far and have less than 4kg to go till I reach my target, which I do intend to surpass of course (not sure how much by though, maybe another few kilos). Sorry if it sounds vain or anything, it's just my weight's been something pretty significant to me for years, so I feel happy to finally be doing something about it.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CaledonianWarrior96
Member Avatar
An Awesome Reptile
Now we're getting Xy. Saucy

Quote:

I'm writing my college application essay on speculative biology - do you guys mind if I name some of your projects?
I won't use your usernames or anything, I just want to give examples of the ones that really inspire me.

You can name mine. If it does inspire you (how can it not?)
Come check out and subscribe to my projects on the following subforums;

Future Planet (V.2): the Future Evolution of Life on Earth (Evolutionary Continuum)
The Meuse Legacy: An Alternative Outcome of the Mosasaur (Alternative Evolution)
Terra Cascus: The Last Refuge of the Dinosaurs (Alternative Evolution)
- Official Project
- Foundation
The Beryoni Galaxy: The Biologically Rich and Politically Complex State of our Galaxy (Habitational Zone)

- Beryoni Critique Thread (formerly: Aliens of Beryoni)
The Ecology of Skull Island: An Open Project for the Home of King Kong (Alternative Universe)
The Ecology of Wakanda: An Open Project for the Home of Marvel's Black Panther (Alternative Universe)

(Click bold titles to go to page. To subscribe click on a project, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "track topic" on the bottom right corner)

Ebervalius
Member Avatar
Transhuman
I've been here since 2012 and posted in the first SWHTYT
The Sirens of the Land of Fire
Codex Ebervaliorum

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply