Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Speculative biology is simultaneously a science and form of art in which one speculates on the possibilities of life and evolution. What could the world look like if dinosaurs had never gone extinct? What could alien lifeforms look like? What kinds of plants and animals might exist in the far future? These questions and more are tackled by speculative biologists, and the Speculative Evolution welcomes all relevant ideas, inquiries, and world-building projects alike. With a member base comprising users from across the world, our community is the largest and longest-running place of gathering for speculative biologists on the web.

While unregistered users are able to browse the forum on a basic level, registering an account provides additional forum access not visible to guests as well as the ability to join in discussions and contribute yourself! Registration is free and instantaneous.

Join our community today!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Some End-of-2017 Staff Changes
Topic Started: Dec 29 2017, 01:56 PM (757 Views)
Holben
Member Avatar
Rumbo a la Victoria

As you may have seen, several of our members are now in different user groups as of today. We have made the following promotions:

While DT and Little have been with us for a while, Icthy and Sphen are new to the staff team and we look forward greatly to having them with us. You might notice that the Forum Moderator group is much reduced now; it was set up when conditions on the forum were quite different and a lot of its original intent is no longer relevant to the forum as it stands.

We have also done some housekeeping with some older and inactive staff members, moving:

I'd also like to take this opportunity to wish you all a Happy New Year and a thoroughly good 2018.
Edited by Holben, Dec 29 2017, 02:18 PM.
Time flows like a river. Which is to say, downhill. We can tell this because everything is going downhill rapidly. It would seem prudent to be somewhere else when we reach the sea.

"It is the old wound my king. It has never healed."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LλmbdaExplosion
Member Avatar
Vieja Argentea the oscar cichlid
What it is with the away stuff?HAPPY new year!
When life give you lemons.............Don't make lemonade!Make life to take the lemons back!Get mad and than.........Yell,demand and burn down their homes.

Prepare for unforeseen consequences,Mr. Freeman!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dr Nitwhite
Member Avatar
Luddite
Jewel Cichlid the elite soldier
Dec 29 2017, 03:43 PM
What it is with the away stuff?HAPPY new year!
These staff members show up too infrequently (or don't anymore) for an active staff role be justified.
Speculative Evolution Projects-

Other Relevant Work-

SE Lifelist standings as of 7/25/17

BREAKING NEWS
We interrupt your regular programming to bring you this cutting edge report.
ATTENDANCE DROPS DRASTICALLY ON SE SERVER
This past Monday on Discord, famous server Speculative Evolution took a hit in the attendance office when it's offline member list suddenly reappeared. Mods scrambled to rectify the situation, but unfortunately there was little anyone could do. Server member Ivan was asked what he thought of the situation. "So long as Flisch, lord of machines and scion of Urborg lives, all will be well". SE, (in)famous for it's eccentric userbase, has recently been spiraling downward, and now we have hard conformation of the decline. Moderator "High Lord" Icthyander states "There is nothing to be concerned about, Discord is merely changing its UI again", but members are beginning to suspect the honesty of their staff.
Stay tuned, we'll be back with more at 11.

Zorcuspine
Member Avatar
Go fast, but always remember to stop and smell the flowers

Ah, it feels good to get this act of bookkeeping finally done. A warm welcome to Icthy and Sphen to our team! And congrats on the promotion Little and Dragonthunders, you both deserve it!
Posted Image

IIGSY
Member Avatar
A huntsman spider that wastes time on the internet because it has nothing better to do
Wait. How exactly does one become a staff?
Projects
Punga: A terraformed world with no vertebrates
Last one crawling: The last arthropod

ARTH-6810: A world without vertebrates (It's ded, but you can still read I guess)

Potential ideas-
Swamp world: A world covered in lakes, with the largest being caspian sized.
Nematozoic: After a mass extinction of ultimate proportions, a single species of nematode is the only surviving animal.
Tri-devonian: A devonian like ecosystem with holocene species on three different continents.

Quotes

Phylogeny of the arthropods and some related groups

In honor of the greatest clade of all time

More pictures

Other cool things

All African countries can fit into Brazil

LittleLazyLass
Member Avatar
Mod-Chan

The current staff decide who they feel would make a good staff member and promote people as necessary.
totally not British, b-baka!
Posted Image You like me (Unlike)
I don't even really like this song that much but the title is pretty relatable sometimes, I guess.
Me
Important Stuff

IIGSY
Member Avatar
A huntsman spider that wastes time on the internet because it has nothing better to do
Koshōgatsu
Dec 29 2017, 05:58 PM
The current staff decide who they feel would make a good staff member and promote people as necessary.
I'm happy for Sphenodon, but I don't know why they chose him out of everyone
Projects

ARTH-6810: A world without vertebrates (It's ded, but you can still read I guess)

Potential ideas-
Nematozoic: After a mass extinction of ultimate proportions, a single species of nematode is the only surviving animal.
Tri-devonian: A devonian like ecosystem with holocene species on three different continents.

Quotes

More pictures

Other cool things

LittleLazyLass
Member Avatar
Mod-Chan

I would say mainly behaviour on the discord server.
totally not British, b-baka!
Posted Image You like me (Unlike)
I don't even really like this song that much but the title is pretty relatable sometimes, I guess.
Me
Important Stuff

IIGSY
Member Avatar
Koshōgatsu
Dec 29 2017, 06:41 PM
I would say mainly behaviour on the discord server.
True. From what I see, he does't really participate in the mass shit posting parties that happen
Projects

Potential ideas-

Quotes

More pictures

Other cool things

LλmbdaExplosion
Member Avatar
Vieja Argentea the oscar cichlid
I would like to be the part of the staff,but you know,their accounts are much older than mine.
When life give you lemons.............Don't make lemonade!Make life to take the lemons back!Get mad and than.........Yell,demand and burn down their homes.

Prepare for unforeseen consequences,Mr. Freeman!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dragon
Member Avatar
/r/GamingCirclejerk is the best subreddit, don't @ me
Eh, account age isn't everything. I've been posting here for close to six and a half years, and I haven't been considered for a moderator position as far as I know. On the flip side, Sheather's been here for less time than I have, and he's an administrator. Account age isn't too important, so you might have a chance.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life," John 3:16

A neat pixel animation of a future cowboy

trex841

Hey, their right to get freaky ends when it goes up my nose.

I think this describes what dinosaurs are like now

Click for something good. Click this too.

Rodlox
Superhuman
a hearty Congratulations to all who advanced.
.---------------------------------------------.
Parts of the Cluster Worlds:
"Marsupialless Australia" (what-if) & "Out on a Branch" (future evolution) & "The Earth under a still sun" (WIP)

Zorcuspine
Member Avatar
Go fast, but always remember to stop and smell the flowers

Some more changes are afoot;
  • Troll Man to Global Moderator
  • malicious-monkey and Myxini have decided to leave the staff team. Thanks for your help guys!

As you might be able to tell from these changes; we have retired the Forum Moderator (also known as green mod) position. It had become largely obsolete, especially since there's no active community project at the moment.
Posted Image

IIGSY
Member Avatar
Why did monkey and myxini step down
Edited by IIGSY, Jan 6 2018, 02:28 AM.
Projects

Potential ideas-

Quotes

More pictures

Other cool things

Ivan_The_Inedible
Member Avatar
All Will Be One
Also, I think a mistake has been made with regard to Myxini's role, since they're showing up as a Global Mod currently.
Quotes are a thing
Who will know?

My Projects

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Announcements & News · Next Topic »
Add Reply