Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Speculative biology is simultaneously a science and form of art in which one speculates on the possibilities of life and evolution. What could the world look like if dinosaurs had never gone extinct? What could alien lifeforms look like? What kinds of plants and animals might exist in the far future? These questions and more are tackled by speculative biologists, and the Speculative Evolution welcomes all relevant ideas, inquiries, and world-building projects alike. With a member base comprising users from across the world, our community is the largest and longest-running place of gathering for speculative biologists on the web.

While unregistered users are able to browse the forum on a basic level, registering an account provides additional forum access not visible to guests as well as the ability to join in discussions and contribute yourself! Registration is free and instantaneous.

Join our community today!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nothing Here
Topic Started: Nov 14 2017, 06:11 PM (250 Views)
Member Avatar
Nothing here either.....
Edited by lerzid, Nov 26 2017, 05:17 PM.
I like oranges
I also like a wide variety of Abantu abathandekayo, Happy Birthday!
Is anyone truly sane? Is anybody truly insane? Does Appa have diabetes? Is Appa the avatar? Do I look like Ajit Pai? My friends have been asking me why I removed net neutrality. Am I even real. Existential Crisis in progress, DO NOT DISTURB.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
Member Avatar
A huntsman spider that wastes time on the internet because it has nothing better to do
So, what I got from this is that there is some weird alternate universe where 3 mass extinctions where lessened to an extreme degree.

A few questions though.

1. What about marine crustaceans?

2. What's the point of excluding hooded tickspiders? I can definitely understand kicking out spiders or mites, but Ricinulei are already quite fragmented as they are and would be a nice addition.

3. Why does it say arthropod analogues in brackets as if they're aliens when its actually talking about arthropods?
Punga: A terraformed world with no vertebrates
Last one crawling: The last arthropod

ARTH-6810: A world without vertebrates (It's ded, but you can still read I guess)

Potential ideas-
Swamp world: A world covered in lakes, with the largest being caspian sized.
Nematozoic: After a mass extinction of ultimate proportions, a single species of nematode is the only surviving animal.
Tri-devonian: A devonian like ecosystem with holocene species on three different continents.

Phylogeny of the arthropods and some related groups

In honor of the greatest clade of all time

More pictures

Other cool things

All African countries can fit into Brazil
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Alternate Universes · Next Topic »
Add Reply