Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Speculative biology is simultaneously a science and form of art in which one speculates on the possibilities of life and evolution. What could the world look like if dinosaurs had never gone extinct? What could alien lifeforms look like? What kinds of plants and animals might exist in the far future? These questions and more are tackled by speculative biologists, and the Speculative Evolution welcomes all relevant ideas, inquiries, and world-building projects alike. With a member base comprising users from across the world, our community is the largest and longest-running place of gathering for speculative biologists on the web.

While unregistered users are able to browse the forum on a basic level, registering an account provides additional forum access not visible to guests as well as the ability to join in discussions and contribute yourself! Registration is free and instantaneous.

Join our community today!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mu; Pod Inferno reboot
Topic Started: Jun 7 2016, 08:47 PM (4,014 Views)
spartan
Member Avatar
DoomSlayer Wanderer
Introduction
Can the Myth and Science blend together to form something that is beyond our knowledge? The answer is yes. Myth and Legends are a compass for the new science. Many ancient civilizations around the Pacific Ocean spoke of the legend of the uncharted land where the Creator left from the creation. Many people named with different names but most of them named this land as: Mu. Its notorious for the numbers of ships, planes and explorers that try to find this place and they were missing there. Surrounded by an extreme climate and the rocky coasts, its like the continent island was built to stay out the trespassers and avoid the inhabitants dont leave this place. Mu was coloquially named as the Lost Noah Ark due the numbers of many extinct animals groups living in the continent like the dinosaurs and many mesozoic relics. But not only the dinosaurs are the only creatures rule this land, there are also more dangerous and ancient creatures that lurks in the continent waiting to be discovered. Its an ecosystem that its beyond than we thought about world, probably its a reflection of an ancient world that will surface again.
Bestiary
"Ancestral Species ruled the Earth long before man rised in the African plains" - Dr. Stanford D. Callahan. Founder and Biologist of Noah
"We dont belong to this world! The world belong to them! The Monsters that ruled the world and one day they will took what they had!" - @MonsterTrue
Nicknamed as the Lost Noah Ark by many biologists that saw some of the enigmatic creatures that live here. Most of the endemic fauna came from the ancient supercontinent Gondwana. Other creatures arrived recently later, rafting, swimming or flying to this lost sanctuary. Land bridges came and went bringing new fauna and flora adding more diversity and new ways for evolution.
Spoiler: click to toggle

Organizations and Factions

Timeline

The World

Edited by spartan, Mar 3 2018, 10:49 PM.
Noah Files in Mu

Remember this kidos!: Computers have feelings and feel pain whenever you are using one.
The moon doesn't exist. It's a two-dimensional disk hiding alien donut.
Western society a sham propped up by an elite cabal of the super rich.
And buy Salami!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Finncredibad
Member Avatar
Edgy and Cool
How lovely! Also I havnt seen you here before so greetings (and cool artwork, it looks pretty neat). I hope to see more from this project in the future.
Favorite quotes

“I love how people always casually tell Tet to commit suicide”~ Rogy

Projects and stuff

Zorcuspine
Member Avatar
Go fast, but always remember to stop and smell the flowers

Welcome back Spartan! Nice to see you here again, I look forward to seeing what you have in store for Mu
Posted Image

GlarnBoudin
Member Avatar
Disgusting Skin Fetishist
Oh, I remember seeing these pieces on dA! It's good to see you're back in business here!
Quotes

Co-creator/corporate minion for the Pop Culture Monster Apocalypse!

My Projects

Coming Soon

My dA page.
My Fanfiction.net page.

spartan
Member Avatar
DoomSlayer Wanderer
Thank you guys! Well I hope you will like what I have to show. Im currently fixing a journal entry, to show soon.
BTW GlarnBoudin, you are LediBlock in dA?
Noah Files in Mu

Remember this kidos!: Computers have feelings and feel pain whenever you are using one.
And buy Salami!

GlarnBoudin
Member Avatar
Indeed I am!
Quotes

My Projects

Coming Soon

My dA page.
My Fanfiction.net page.

GlarnBoudin
Member Avatar
Nice! It's amazing to see how far you've come from editing Jurassic Park stock art.
Quotes

My Projects

Coming Soon

My dA page.
My Fanfiction.net page.

spartan
Member Avatar
DoomSlayer Wanderer
GlarnBoudin
Jun 15 2016, 09:47 AM
Nice! It's amazing to see how far you've come from editing Jurassic Park stock art.
Thank you my friend! That the idea of improving. Most of this is thanks for my art director due she said I have more potential than making JP dinosaurs. I have to say the Moloch new look is thanks to her, because she force me change and she dont want a knock off from JP.
Noah Files in Mu

And buy Salami!

spartan
Member Avatar
DoomSlayer Wanderer
Update: Sorry for my abscence, I was out preparing my holidays and some stuff. Well thinking about the tips that my good friends give me, I will update the first post with an Introduction and a table of content with the beastiary, biomes, timeline, etc...
One of the changes is the Journal layout for the creatures. Description will be added and the pages will only contain the creatures with notes and some information.
Noah Files in Mu

And buy Salami!

spartan
Member Avatar
DoomSlayer Wanderer
Hey guys, sorry for the absence. I was a little off in august, I had a really bad month. I was thinking to move to digital drawings but I think I need more practise. Also Im thinking to remake some ideas. Im currently finishing up a fish. But I want you to select the next one!
Here 2 options:
- Fishing eurypterid
- Crested Monitor
- Neovenatorid descendent
Edited by spartan, Aug 31 2016, 08:48 PM.
Noah Files in Mu

And buy Salami!

Finncredibad
Member Avatar
Edgy and Cool
The fishing euipterid sounds pretty neat (also I like sea scorpions).
Favorite quotes

“I love how people always casually tell Tet to commit suicide”~ Rogy

Projects and stuff

GlarnBoudin
Member Avatar
I honestly like all three, but I think that I'll go with the eurypterid, then the neovenatorid, then the crested monitor, in order of which one I want to see the most.
Quotes

My Projects

Coming Soon

My dA page.
My Fanfiction.net page.

Dragonthunders
Member Avatar
The ethereal archosaur in blue

I would like to see the Fishing eurypterid, there arent much in these kind of projects-
Projects

"Active" projects

The Future is Far
Welcome to the next chapters of the evolution of life on earth, travel the across the earth on a journey that goes beyond the limits, a billion years of future history in the making.

The SE giants project
Wonder what is the big of the big on speculative evolution? no problem, here is the answer

Coming one day
Age of Mankind
Humanity fate and its possible finals.

The Long Cosmic Journey
The history outside our world.

The alternative paths
The multiverse, the final frontier...

Holocene park: Welcome to the biggest adventure of the last 215 million years, where the age of mammals comes to life again!
Cambrian mars: An interesting experiment on an unprecedented scale, the life of a particular and important period in the history of our planet, the cambric life, has been transported to a terraformed and habitable mars in an alternative past.
Two different paths, two different worlds, but same life and same weirdness.

My deviantart

Dr Nitwhite
Member Avatar
Luddite
Aye, eurypterids are fun.
Speculative Evolution Projects-

Other Relevant Work-

SE Lifelist standings as of 7/25/17

BREAKING NEWS
We interrupt your regular programming to bring you this cutting edge report.
ATTENDANCE DROPS DRASTICALLY ON SE SERVER
This past Monday on Discord, famous server Speculative Evolution took a hit in the attendance office when it's offline member list suddenly reappeared. Mods scrambled to rectify the situation, but unfortunately there was little anyone could do. Server member Ivan was asked what he thought of the situation. "So long as Flisch, lord of machines and scion of Urborg lives, all will be well". SE, (in)famous for it's eccentric userbase, has recently been spiraling downward, and now we have hard conformation of the decline. Moderator "High Lord" Icthyander states "There is nothing to be concerned about, Discord is merely changing its UI again", but members are beginning to suspect the honesty of their staff.
Stay tuned, we'll be back with more at 11.

spartan
Member Avatar
DoomSlayer Wanderer
Well guys Im going to wait tomorrow for th small poll, but probably the scorpion will win.
Noah Files in Mu

And buy Salami!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Alternate Universes · Next Topic »
Add Reply