Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Speculative biology is simultaneously a science and form of art in which one speculates on the possibilities of life and evolution. What could the world look like if dinosaurs had never gone extinct? What could alien lifeforms look like? What kinds of plants and animals might exist in the far future? These questions and more are tackled by speculative biologists, and the Speculative Evolution welcomes all relevant ideas, inquiries, and world-building projects alike. With a member base comprising users from across the world, our community is the largest and longest-running place of gathering for speculative biologists on the web.

While unregistered users are able to browse the forum on a basic level, registering an account provides additional forum access not visible to guests as well as the ability to join in discussions and contribute yourself! Registration is free and instantaneous.

Join our community today!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Flish's Non-Project Art
Topic Started: Feb 19 2014, 03:04 PM (5,852 Views)
Flishster
Member Avatar
Not Flisch
This is art that isn't for any projects that I have made. Just my personal favorites, since I have made lots of art. :P

Posted Image
Quetzalcoatlus

Posted Image
Falcarius

Posted Image
Yutyrannus

Posted Image
Psittacosaurus

Posted Image
Protarchaeopteryx

Posted Image
Dilophosaurus

Posted Image
Parasaurolophus

Posted Image
Pterorhynchus

Posted Image
A size chart with all my paleoart, (except the Yutyrannus) which includes ones I haven't shown. ;) If anyone wants a closer look at any, feel free to ask.

Posted Image
Aerbladra, which is basically a floating whale. :P

Posted Image
Slegripper. Designed by Oyster_Man here, made by request.

Posted Image
Boletot, a walking mushroom.

Posted Image
An alien I designed for fun. It was my sig here for a few days, so you might have seen it.

Posted Image
Some graboid shark thing I made for no real reason. :P

And finally:
Posted Image
A chibi Omeisaurus. :P
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Archipithecus
Member Avatar
Ruling Ape
That's one pissed of Psittacosaurus. And the mushroom looks like it could be an octopus in disguise.
Theodosius Dobzhansky

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.

My tumblr

Flishster
Member Avatar
Not Flisch
Well, actually, the Psittacosaurus's mouth is only open because I couldn't get it looking right while closed. :P

Lycaon
Member Avatar
All hail Odin! All hail the Allfather!
Nice art, good work :)
Lamna

Winners don't do maths.

The true meaning of hypocrisy

Hananas59
Member Avatar
Traveller of the imagination
I really like ... Thrm all. They are just awesum!
Treading the line between imagination and reality

dialforthedevil
Member Avatar
Frumentarii Administrator

Someone call Hollywood for the Jaws vs Tremors crossover! ;)

Awesome work!!!
Please come visit A Scientfic Fantasy http://s1.zetaboards.com/Conceptual_Evolution/topic/3433014/1/

ALSO!!! JOIN THE NEW RPG SITE!!! FOR ALL MEMBERS!!! IM GOING TO RUN MA GLOBAL SIMULATORS THERE!!! http://s4.zetaboards.com/jasonguppy/index/

Join the Campaign to save minotaurs from extinction!!! (include this in your signature to show your support!)

lamna
Member Avatar

Very cool work.
Living Fossils

Fósseis Vibos: Reserva Natural

34 MYH, 4 tonne dinosaur.
T.Neo

Are nipples or genitals necessary, lamna?
[flash=500,450] Video Magic! [/flash]

Spoiler: click to toggle

Spoiler: click to toggle

Adman
Member Avatar
Totally not lamna
Excellent work, I do have to say
Projects and concepts that I have stewing around
Extended Pleistocene- An alternate future where man died out, and the megafauna would continue to thrive (may or may not include a bit about certain future sapients)
Inverted World- An alternate timeline where an asteroid hit during the Barremian, causing an extinction event before the Maastrichtian. Dinosaurs, pterosaurs, and notosuchians make it to the present, along with a host of other animals.
Badania- Alien planet that has life at a devonian stage of development, except it exists in the present day.
Ido- Alien world where hoppers (derived flightless ballonts) and mouthpart-legged beasts are prevalent.
Leto- Life on a moon orbiting a gas giant with an erratic orbit; experiences extremes of hot and cold.
The Park- ???
Deeper Impact- a world where the K-Pg extinction wipes out crocodilians, mammals, and birds; squamates, choristoderes, and turtles inherit the earth.
World of Equal Opportunity- alternate history where denisovans come across Beringia and interact with native fauna. Much of the Pleistocene fauna survives, and the modern humans that end up crossing into North America do not overhunt the existing animals. 10,000 years later, civilizations exist that are on par with European and Asian societies.
The Ditch- Nothing is what if seems..

Flishster
Member Avatar
Not Flisch
Posted Image
I told myself I wasn't going to make any Dromaeosaurs... :P Look how that turned out!

This was actually made so I could suggest the appearance for someone's suggestion of a Deinonychus for a game. :P

Flishster
Member Avatar
Not Flisch
Posted Image
A speedpaint of Omeisaurus in the morning. :P I did this in about a half hour, so the proportions are probably way off.

This is really made since this is the only of my target species I didn't draw.

Dragonthunders
Member Avatar
The ethereal archosaur in blue

I must say, your art is awesome. :)
Projects

"Active" projects

The Future is Far
Welcome to the next chapters of the evolution of life on earth, travel the across the earth on a journey that goes beyond the limits, a billion years of future history in the making.

The SE giants project
Wonder what is the big of the big on speculative evolution? no problem, here is the answer

Coming one day
Age of Mankind
Humanity fate and its possible finals.

The Long Cosmic Journey
The history outside our world.

The alternative paths
The multiverse, the final frontier...

Holocene park: Welcome to the biggest adventure of the last 215 million years, where the age of mammals comes to life again!
Cambrian mars: An interesting experiment on an unprecedented scale, the life of a particular and important period in the history of our planet, the cambric life, has been transported to a terraformed and habitable mars in an alternative past.
Two different paths, two different worlds, but same life and same weirdness.

My deviantart

Flishster
Member Avatar
Not Flisch
Posted Image
Finally, something not from Darcia! :P

This one isn't my favorite, but I don't think it turned out too badly, either. The mane came out well and the body is nice. The head is just a bit blurry, though that is almost certainly because of the image size.

Posted Image
The size chart has also been updated to include the Pachy. :)
Edited by Flishster, Mar 20 2014, 09:40 PM.

Sheather
Member Avatar

The main issue I see that makes it look a little off is a shaded body/skin but no shading used in the mane. Several tufts of feathering below the chin also seem to be floating unattached to the flesh.
Posted Image
The Gaiaverse

| Eden | Terra Metropolis | Life of the Sylvan Islands |

Other Spec Evo

| Sheatheria | Serina | The Last Dinosaur

A Wholesome and Good Thing

| Sam |

Flishster
Member Avatar
Not Flisch
No, it actually looked the same without the fluff. :P If anything, the fluff is an improvement.

The mane actually is shaded, but most of it is covered up because I later went in and added white and orange highlights.

Those tufts are supposed to be attached to the chin. :P

Sheather
Member Avatar

Okay but you didn't then shade the orange which is why it looks odd to me.

(several are still floating in the air though :P )
Posted Image
The Gaiaverse

| Eden | Terra Metropolis | Life of the Sylvan Islands |

Other Spec Evo

| Sheatheria | Serina | The Last Dinosaur

A Wholesome and Good Thing

| Sam |

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Café Cosmique · Next Topic »
Add Reply