Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
<div style="background-color: none transparent;"><a href="http://www.rsspump.com/?web_widget/rss_ticker/news_widget" title="News Widget">News Widget</a></div>
Hello, we here at Speculative Evolution have noticed a recent increase in the number of guests visiting our community. While being a guest does allow you to browse the forum at a basic level, it does not give you access to everything. There are many things that guests cannot see, and therefore we urge you to join our us so that you may contribute to our community and the projects we are undertaking. If you would like to register, please click the link below. If you are already a member, please ignore this message and log in. Thank you for your cooperation.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Giant feathered tyranosaurid
Topic Started: Apr 4 2012, 01:54 PM (1,418 Views)
trex841
Member Avatar
Impossible
what have i done, i've awoken the tneo rex!

i kid, but i must ask, why are you annoyed at an outdated documentery? don't get me wrong, i love WWD, but it's old, and new facts have arisen. hell, in another 10 years, march of the dinosaurs, the WWD of today, will most likely be outdated.

i keep getting insidental page kings today.

Edited by trex841, Apr 8 2012, 12:32 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

FallingWhale
Member Avatar
Adult
speculative flish
Apr 8 2012, 09:54 AM
lol Jack Horner is the only person who believes Tyrannosaurus was a scavanger.
Only one that thinks they were pure scavengers. Consensus is kleptoparasitism and easy kills.

I'm going to start calling Jack Horner the modern Richard Owen.

dialforthedevil
Member Avatar
Frumentarii Administrator

T. Neo- Unfortunately for the plebiscites if a documentary on dinosaurs does not have the words 'giant' 'killer' 'monster' in it. Then its boring. The same goes for films, although I think we may actually be steering away from that. Avatar wasn't too bad when it came to lots of giant evil monsters.

T.Neo
Member Avatar
Translunar injection: TLI
Quote:

what have i done, i've awoken the tneo rex!

:lol:

Quote:

i kid, but i must ask, why are you annoyed at an outdated documentery? don't get me wrong, i love WWD, but it's old, and new facts have arisen. hell, in another 10 years, march of the dinosaurs, the WWD of today, will most likely be outdated.

I'm annoyed by the fact that it's outdated; I know, they used the best data they had at the time, but still- don't you look at outdated reconstructions and cringe (at least a little bit)?

And March of the Dinosaurs today's WWD? Not a chance from here to Mu Arae...

I admit it would be pretty interesting to see a WWD remake- incorperating modern fossil evidence (feathers), removing overly speculative elements (sauropod ovipositors), outdated theories (ornitholestes nose snout), exaggerations (leipleurodon, ornithocheirus size), and changing some elements (such as names and theorised behaviours, regarding pterosaurs for example) that have changed with the times.

FallingWhale
Member Avatar
Adult
Did that T.rex just jump 50 feet?

trex841
Member Avatar
Impossible
same questions is asked in the comments. something about not trex, wired angles, and a rock.

also i don't cringe because i have a very high suspention of disbelief, love that lavishly ludicrous, and have been trained to be loving tolerent of others.

Russwallac
Member Avatar
"Ta-da!"
Walking With Dinosaurs V2.0? I would plotz! :happy:

Fleeshster
Member Avatar
Not Flisch
I thought they already were remaking it...

colddigger
Member Avatar
Joke's over! Love, Parasky
Quote:

where everyone reconstructed them that way but only later (like a bunch of idiots) discovered the truth about their posture?

Because only idiots learn?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fakey
Member Avatar
FALCON CONFIRMED
Posted Image

If a faceful of fluff is less threatening than a featherless raptor, then may your diety of choice kill me where I sit, Canis.

Because Wolver-fucking-rines are obviously more threatening without fur.
Edited by Fakey, Apr 8 2012, 08:57 PM.

Tartarus
Member Avatar
Adult
I heard about Yutyrannus not so long ago. I find it very interesting and wonder just how many of the tyrannosaurids were feathered. Would it be a lot to assume that perhaps actually all of them (even T-rex himself) were?

Also, its no surprise this find was made in China. That place seems to be a treasure trove of feathery non-avian dinosaurs. :)

Deleted User
Deleted User

I've gotta show this dino to my nieces. They loved the feathered dinosaurs in Dinosaur Planet and got estatic when I pointed out to them that birds were living, breathing dinosaurs.
Quote Post Goto Top

Russwallac
Member Avatar
"Ta-da!"
Fakey
Apr 8 2012, 08:57 PM
Posted Image

If a faceful of fluff is less threatening than a featherless raptor, then may your diety of choice kill me where I sit, Canis.

Because Wolver-fucking-rines are obviously more threatening without fur.
I was looking for that comic, but I couldn't remember what is was called. :D

Fakey
Member Avatar
FALCON CONFIRMED
Raptor PSA.

Toxoplasma
Zygote
I hate it when people say "Science has ruined dinosaurs! A feathered tyrannosaur would look silly!"

If a tyrannosaur had feathers then it had camouflage-colored feathers. A silly-looking tyrannosaur would have been a terrible hunter.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Science Central · Next Topic »
Add Reply