Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
<div style="background-color: none transparent;"><a href="http://www.rsspump.com/?web_widget/rss_ticker/news_widget" title="News Widget">News Widget</a></div>
Hello, we here at Speculative Evolution have noticed a recent increase in the number of guests visiting our community. While being a guest does allow you to browse the forum at a basic level, it does not give you access to everything. There are many things that guests cannot see, and therefore we urge you to join our us so that you may contribute to our community and the projects we are undertaking. If you would like to register, please click the link below. If you are already a member, please ignore this message and log in. Thank you for your cooperation.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ammonites made pearls
Topic Started: Feb 28 2012, 07:41 AM (376 Views)
JohnFaa
Member Avatar
Adveho in mihi Lucifer
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2012/02/ammonoids-trapped-parasites-in-pearls-2/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lamna
Member Avatar
Rowsdower saves us, and saves all the world!

Interesting, do we have any proof that Ammonites were little squid things? I remember when I was much younger a book saying we've never found any fossils of their soft parts.

JohnFaa
Member Avatar
Adveho in mihi Lucifer
From what I can gather there are soft tissue impressions that show that they were not only squid things, but more closely related to modern day squids and octopuses/pi/R'hylleh than to the other shelled cephalopods.

Fakey
Member Avatar
FALCON CONFIRMED
JohnFaa
Feb 28 2012, 03:18 PM
From what I can gather there are soft tissue impressions that show that they were not only squid things, but more closely related to modern day squids and octopuses/pi/R'hylleh than to the other shelled cephalopods.
PODES.

Zorcuspine
Member Avatar
You never cease to suprise me blue hedgehog

Now THIS is weird! I have trouble imagining a cephalopod making perals. I wonder if all ammonites do this or only a couple?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Science Central · Next Topic »
Add Reply