Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Speculative biology is simultaneously a science and form of art in which one speculates on the possibilities of life and evolution. What could the world look like if dinosaurs had never gone extinct? What could alien lifeforms look like? What kinds of plants and animals might exist in the far future? These questions and more are tackled by speculative biologists, and the Speculative Evolution welcomes all relevant ideas, inquiries, and world-building projects alike. With a member base comprising users from across the world, our community is the largest and longest-running place of gathering for speculative biologists on the web.

While unregistered users are able to browse the forum on a basic level, registering an account provides additional forum access not visible to guests as well as the ability to join in discussions and contribute yourself! Registration is free and instantaneous.

Join our community today!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Venusians
Topic Started: Jan 24 2012, 03:10 AM (1,509 Views)
colddigger
Member Avatar
Joke's over! Love, Parasky
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/01/23/life-on-venus-russian-scientist-finds-living-objects-in-photographs-taken-by-1982-soviet-probe_n_1223020.html

Since when did the Russians send a probe down to the Venusian surface is what I wanna know. Is it odd that the biggest issue I have with this is the use of the word scorpion and not scorpion-like?

Personally I'm curious where this supposed video would be found :P
Oh Fine.

Oh hi you! Why don't you go check out the finery that is SGP??

v Don't click v
Spoiler: click to toggle

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

colddigger
Member Avatar
No, I never heard of these Venus probes, I never put a whole lot of research into whether or not we hadn't since I always figured that one simply couldn't function for very long on the surface..

It's no doubt in my mind that it's not true, that's why I want the video that they refer to.
Oh Fine.

v Don't click v

colddigger
Member Avatar
I dunno, I'm as surprised as you are at my ignorance of it! For him to claim that there's a scorpion, well, in my opinion the photos are not clear enough for the claim..

But considering that we had sent probes to Venus makes colonizing the place seem more realistic to me..
Oh Fine.

v Don't click v

colddigger
Member Avatar
I meant the cloud tops, colonizing the cloud tops. Having something in orbit around the planet in my mind is not the same as colonizing the planet itself, though I was referring mostly to sending stuff to the planet than anything else...
Colonizing the ground would be cool, or maybe hot, but seems like too much of a hassle.

Anyway, would harvesting materials from the atmosphere of Venus be worth anything?
Oh Fine.

v Don't click v

colddigger
Member Avatar
Oh lawdy Fakey I love you for that.
Oh Fine.

v Don't click v

colddigger
Member Avatar
Marsling sounds pretty alright by me.
Oh Fine.

v Don't click v

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Science Central · Next Topic »
Add Reply