Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Speculative biology is simultaneously a science and form of art in which one speculates on the possibilities of life and evolution. What could the world look like if dinosaurs had never gone extinct? What could alien lifeforms look like? What kinds of plants and animals might exist in the far future? These questions and more are tackled by speculative biologists, and the Speculative Evolution welcomes all relevant ideas, inquiries, and world-building projects alike. With a member base comprising users from across the world, our community is the largest and longest-running place of gathering for speculative biologists on the web.

While unregistered users are able to browse the forum on a basic level, registering an account provides additional forum access not visible to guests as well as the ability to join in discussions and contribute yourself! Registration is free and instantaneous.

Join our community today!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dream Creatures; Speculation of the subconcious!
Topic Started: Dec 10 2011, 01:34 PM (9,999 Views)
seascorpion
Member Avatar
Why Can't I Hold All These Mongols?

Just to clear something up, dreams are not 'junk data'. We actually have very little information on dreams. The closest you can get to an explanation of what a dream actually happens to be is that dreams vary greatly in how they are perceived, how they look (some people dream in black & white only, other's dreams may be fuzzy or appear out of focus (so to speak)etc). Dreams vary even more in what the content is,
some have dreams that are surreal, others just dream about what happened that day. Glad we sorted that out.
Anyway, whenever an animal appears in my dreams, it is normally mythical or supernatural. I have had dreams in which I was in a zoo where all the animals where either made of fire or out of smoke. The zoo was very 'Victorian' in the style of architecture. I've had a dream involving there being a weather prediction for a storm of 'dragons' , it was like a giant tornado of fire that seemed to be sapient.I have no idea what they mean, they seem less 'scientific' than some dreams here
Edited by seascorpion, Dec 18 2011, 01:32 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

seascorpion
Member Avatar
Why Can't I Hold All These Mongols?

what did it do in your dreams?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Spec · Next Topic »
Add Reply