Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Speculative biology is simultaneously a science and form of art in which one speculates on the possibilities of life and evolution. What could the world look like if dinosaurs had never gone extinct? What could alien lifeforms look like? What kinds of plants and animals might exist in the far future? These questions and more are tackled by speculative biologists, and the Speculative Evolution welcomes all relevant ideas, inquiries, and world-building projects alike. With a member base comprising users from across the world, our community is the largest and longest-running place of gathering for speculative biologists on the web.

While unregistered users are able to browse the forum on a basic level, registering an account provides additional forum access not visible to guests as well as the ability to join in discussions and contribute yourself! Registration is free and instantaneous.

Join our community today!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dream Creatures; Speculation of the subconcious!
Topic Started: Dec 10 2011, 01:34 PM (10,039 Views)
Sheather
Member Avatar

I've had many odd dreams rich with bizzare animals. One of the most memorable was some sort of large, but cute, muntjac-sized rat that was following me through the neighborhood. It was a chocolate brown color with a thin build and long, skinny legs and a catlike tail. I was tossing it raw chicken drumsticks as I went, for some reason, and it would stand up on its hind legs and hold them in its paws/hands and eat them.

A much weirder one appeared in a dream several years ago. It was night, and stormy, and very creepy when this hideous, black elephant-sized flying animal, with a walrus-like body and a long, snaky, wrinkly neck appeared very high up in the air, gliding silently. It came closer and a bit lower, and I was then able to make out more details - it had a tiny head with an expressionless, mouthless face, and two wide red eyes that just stared at me. It soared on two enormous eagle-like wings, which were like its flippers and flapped very slowly, and never took its eyes off me. I remember it emitted a sound like a tornado siren as it passed, but muffled and more drawn-out. I do recall actually seeing this monster in several different dreams, behaving the same way in all of them, but this one was most vivid. It's really a terrifying thing, if I could better describe it.
Posted Image
The Gaiaverse

| Eden | Terra Metropolis | Life of the Sylvan Islands |

Other Spec Evo

|Life on Oxymor| Sheatheria | Serina | The Last Dinosaur

A Wholesome and Good Thing

| Sam |
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Spec · Next Topic »
Add Reply