Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Speculative biology is simultaneously a science and form of art in which one speculates on the possibilities of life and evolution. What could the world look like if dinosaurs had never gone extinct? What could alien lifeforms look like? What kinds of plants and animals might exist in the far future? These questions and more are tackled by speculative biologists, and the Speculative Evolution welcomes all relevant ideas, inquiries, and world-building projects alike. With a member base comprising users from across the world, our community is the largest and longest-running place of gathering for speculative biologists on the web.

While unregistered users are able to browse the forum on a basic level, registering an account provides additional forum access not visible to guests as well as the ability to join in discussions and contribute yourself! Registration is free and instantaneous.

Join our community today!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dream Creatures; Speculation of the subconcious!
Topic Started: Dec 10 2011, 01:34 PM (10,038 Views)
Datura
Member Avatar
Adult
I had a dream where I was attacked by flying squibbons.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Datura
Member Avatar
Adult
I had a dream yesterday where I was attacked by male hedgehogs that had stingers on their penises.
Edited by Datura, Jun 8 2012, 05:47 AM.

Datura
Member Avatar
Adult
I had two dreams involving gas giants. I had one where I fell into a gas giant and burned to death, and another where I was on a gas giant with a very watery atmosphere and was swimming along fish like animals, and I was in a structure that appeared similar to my own room. I also had a dream where I was on Earth 5 billion years from now, and when the sun swallowed the Earth, I got cooked alive.
Edited by Datura, Jun 29 2012, 06:49 PM.

Datura
Member Avatar
Adult
Last night I had a dream where life on Earth died, except for a gentically engineered wheat cell with tardigrade genes. The wheat cells would form colored clumps visible to the naked eye, which these clumps would come in blue, yellow, green or white.
Edited by Datura, Jun 30 2012, 01:26 PM.

Datura
Member Avatar
Adult
Last night I dreamt where there were animals on Nu in my project that resembled a mixture of avian and reptile, they were octopodal, had a green body with red stripes covering the wings, and could swing from trees using their feet.

I think I forced myself to dream about this, since I was thinking of something like this before I fell asleep, then, when I fell asleep, I dreamt about it.

Spoiler: click to toggle

This is my best attempt at making it.

Also they flew like pterosaurs, but, had an avian like stance when on the ground or on a branch.

Mod edit: high resolution image spoilered.
Edited by T.Neo, Jul 8 2012, 02:53 PM.

Datura
Member Avatar
Adult
I had a dream where I bought eggs for ostritches that could change color when they ate certain foods. When they ate yellow grains, they turned yellow. When they ate white grains, they turned white.

Datura
Member Avatar
Adult
I had a dream involving E. Coli and other bacteria on our body contaminating Mars. I had a dream where a few men snuck aboard the rocket transporting curiosity to Mars, and survived on only trail mix, and when they arrived, they contaminated Mars with bacteria on their body and in their body, such as E. Coli, and millions of years later, the planet is dominated by single celled descedants of these bacteria, and mars is colored green by algae. I also dreamt where there were guys flying to Japan using grapes and hollowed out carrots, they were flying because of a meeting about global warming, since in this dream, global warming got real bad, though most people went by plane.

Datura
Member Avatar
Adult
I had a dream where I found three bullet shaped eggs, laid by an unknown reptile. My little sister in the dream got pissed at me, and cracked one of the eggs, yet it survived. However, another one of the eggs got damaged, and inside was not a reptile, but, a parasitic black and yellow praying mantis, that was twice the size of the egg. The other egg had cracked open as well, and inside was an undeveloped snake of some kind.
Edited by Datura, Dec 4 2012, 01:47 PM.

Datura
Member Avatar
Adult
I had a dream where someone found alien at a beach. It had seven limbs, 3 on each side, and a 7th where a tail would be in an earthly animal. It was highly hostile, and it was roaring at everyone at the beach. Then someone killed it, and someone buried it on the moon using a rover. Also, in the same dream, an alien invasion was imminent. Also, the alien wasn't humanoid.
Edited by Datura, Dec 26 2012, 06:04 PM.

Datura
Member Avatar
Adult
Not sure if this counts, but, I had a dream where I was exposed to a lizard, and literally my skin began to turn black, but, somehow, I was cured briefly, then it came back.
Edited by Datura, Jan 1 2013, 07:39 PM.

Datura
Member Avatar
Adult
I had a dream a few days ago where a guy owned a tomato plant with legs.

Datura
Member Avatar
Adult
I dreamt about someone exploring an alien world. Some of the aliens include: A raccoon like animal surrounded in a cage like growth, it could move the "cage" around prey to ensare it; and large sessile filter feeding organisms that stretched from the bottom of the ocean, all the way to the top, they could easily swallow a man whole, and some of the explorers were killed by them. Also, alot of the animal life on land lived mainly on the top of the mountainous lands, the shores and flatter areas were devoid of life.

Also, a few days ago, I dreamt I found an old tank that had brine shrimp that somehow managed to stay full all that time, and was filled with grey worms covered in all kinds of appendages, and a few small red triops looking crustaceans.
Edited by Datura, Mar 6 2013, 04:09 PM.

Datura
Member Avatar
Adult
I had a dream where there were fleshy organisms that propelled themselves by opening up holes on themselves, such as on the sides, or at the bottom, and lived in the oceans.

Datura
Member Avatar
Adult
I had a dream where there was a phoenix throwing ravens at my house. The phoenix looked like a giant, red lyrebird. It was around 30 feet long.
Edited by Datura, Jul 20 2013, 01:03 PM.

Datura
Member Avatar
Adult
I should not necro old threads, but, last night, I had a dream that is probably relevant to this post. I dreamt that there were glowing parasitic worms in my eyes, about as large as my eye itself, and they had to be removed via surgery. Somehow I was not rendered blind from worms eating the insides of my eyes. If I recall, they were some kind of fly larvae so.... yeah.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · General Spec · Next Topic »
Add Reply