Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Speculative biology is simultaneously a science and form of art in which one speculates on the possibilities of life and evolution. What could the world look like if dinosaurs had never gone extinct? What could alien lifeforms look like? What kinds of plants and animals might exist in the far future? These questions and more are tackled by speculative biologists, and the Speculative Evolution welcomes all relevant ideas, inquiries, and world-building projects alike. With a member base comprising users from across the world, our community is the largest and longest-running place of gathering for speculative biologists on the web.

While unregistered users are able to browse the forum on a basic level, registering an account provides additional forum access not visible to guests as well as the ability to join in discussions and contribute yourself! Registration is free and instantaneous.

Join our community today!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dream Creatures; Speculation of the subconcious!
Topic Started: Dec 10 2011, 01:34 PM (10,046 Views)
miocenemadness
Member Avatar
Adolescent
I had an odd dream last night. I was in a sort of shark tank, and at first, I was just looking at some Bottlenose dolphins. But then, some odd creatures appeared. They looked like ornithomimids with flukes, but they still had their arms. I think that then somebody said that they were responsible for the myths of mermaids.

Another dream I had, which I had when I was about 3, 4, or 5, I was downstairs with my Dad, and then a weird Yeti-like creature was walking down the stairs. I would say it was a Yeti, but from what I saw, it was a bit more squat than a Yeti, and shorter, with a big blue or purple nose. Then it roared, and it's teeth seemed very short, almost like the teeth of a piscivore, except I don't think I know any short-faced piscivores, save for us, though we are omnivores.

Not many of my dreams involve hypothetical creatures.
Edited by miocenemadness, Jun 7 2012, 09:54 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

miocenemadness
Member Avatar
Adolescent
That could make an interesting project, Nano; it could be a terraformed world where the only tetrapods introduced are foxes and hedgehogs.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Spec · Next Topic »
Add Reply