Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
<div style="background-color: none transparent;"><a href="http://www.rsspump.com/?web_widget/rss_ticker/news_widget" title="News Widget">News Widget</a></div>
Hello, we here at Speculative Evolution have noticed a recent increase in the number of guests visiting our community. While being a guest does allow you to browse the forum at a basic level, it does not give you access to everything. There are many things that guests cannot see, and therefore we urge you to join our us so that you may contribute to our community and the projects we are undertaking. If you would like to register, please click the link below. If you are already a member, please ignore this message and log in. Thank you for your cooperation.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Terra Aliis Discussion; Discuss what possible future evolutions could appear when Pangaea reforms on earth.
Topic Started: Oct 27 2011, 08:31 AM (4,474 Views)
Aiosian_Lord_Kaihoan
Member Avatar
I felt that one! XD
Nice.

Adding to Bestiary.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aiosian_Lord_Kaihoan
Member Avatar
I felt that one! XD
Well, does anyone have any other Ideas for Flora or Fauna?

I have two:

Giant Crowhawk: Massive flying descendants of Crows, these massive predatory birds reach sizes around that of the extinct Andean Condor, with wings stretching out to over fourteen feet. These massive birds of prey resemble giant, black, Hawks or Falcons with pitch black beaks, skin, feathers, gleaming black talons, and piercing amber eyes. In males, the two outer most tail feathers are elongated to three feet long and a bright silver, while females lack these extra-long tail feathers. However, only strong, healthy males grow these feathers. During mating season, male Giant Crowhawks will perform deadly aerial battles to gain the favor of females. When mated, Giant Crowhawks pair for life, and begin to build nests, often high atop cliffs.Giant Crowhawk eggs have a gestation period of seven to eight months, during this time, the female is unable to fly, causing the male to have to hunt and catch food for her. Hatching takes five to ten weeks after the eggs are laid. Out of all species of known Crowhawks, the Giant Crowhawk has the longest life-span of any of them, living for over thirty years, mating and laying eggs every two years. This is the reason for their populations to be so high, with food so difficult to find in the temperate latitudes.

Butter Trap: Butter Traps are mostly insectivorous descendants of Butter Cups that live in the temperate latitudes, they feed by secreting a sweet, buttery smelling fluid out of their stamen onto their petals, enticing insects to land and feed on the sweet juices. But when an insect or other small animal lands on the plant's three inch, golden petals, the flower snaps shut, and locks it's petals together before secreting digestive enzymes, and absorbing it's prey. Be careful not to inhale too strongly when smelling this flower, or you might lose part of your nose, as the flower's defense mechanism is to spray it's digestive enzymes out of the stamen at the attacker.
Edited by Aiosian_Lord_Kaihoan, Nov 5 2011, 01:30 PM.

Aiosian_Lord_Kaihoan
Member Avatar
I felt that one! XD
Hello? Anybody? Man, and I thought this project would actually go somewhere...

Zorcuspine
Member Avatar
HOENN CONFIRMED

Aiosian_Lord_Kaihoan
Nov 11 2011, 02:06 PM
Hello? Anybody? Man, and I thought this project would actually go somewhere...
I think the problem is everyone here has school and/or work and thus has not been able to spend much time on this forum. I am sure it will pick up in a month or two and then people will give you ideas :D
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aiosian_Lord_Kaihoan
Member Avatar
I felt that one! XD
Well, what are your opinions on the species I devised myself?

Although, that's nothing compared to what I can do with Cetaceans, Reptiles, and Invertebrates.

I've got quite the line-up for that kind of thing.
Edited by Aiosian_Lord_Kaihoan, Nov 11 2011, 08:18 PM.

Zorcuspine
Member Avatar
HOENN CONFIRMED

Aiosian_Lord_Kaihoan
Nov 11 2011, 08:17 PM
Well, what are your opinions on the species I devised myself?

Although, that's nothing compared to what I can do with Cetaceans, Reptiles, and Invertebrates.

I've got quite the line-up for that kind of thing.
The buttercup is definitly interesting. I can't wait to see what else you have in store

Aiosian_Lord_Kaihoan
Member Avatar
I felt that one! XD
Oh, I can come up with many things.

The Buttercup? That's nothing. I can mutate a creature so much, it doesn't resemble it's ancestors in the slightest.

I am quite good at what I do.

Dragon
Member Avatar
Choose your words wisely, or be roasted.
Well, then lets see! Also, we haven't really talked about what the climate of Terra Aliis would be like. I wonder what that would be like?

Aiosian_Lord_Kaihoan
Member Avatar
I felt that one! XD
That, all depends on Atmospheric conditions, whether or not the Ice caps have melted, as well as the geography and terrain of New Pangaea.
Edited by Aiosian_Lord_Kaihoan, Nov 12 2011, 12:13 AM.

Dragon
Member Avatar
I'd think that there would be some polar ice caps left on the north and south of Pangaea. Most of the land mass would be desert, unless a recent ice age left behind a bunch of lakes with fresh water, in which case, there would be an interesting mix of lush areas and desert areas.

Aiosian_Lord_Kaihoan
Member Avatar
I felt that one! XD
Seeing as I'm not a big fan of deserts, let's go with that.

Aiosian_Lord_Kaihoan
Member Avatar
I felt that one! XD
Um, anybody there?

Mr Mysterio
Member Avatar
Invisible
I'm here.

Dragon
Member Avatar
I think he was referring to the people who had contributed previously. It's kind of a shame that this project died, it was going pretty well. Aiosan was on earlier today though, so I hope he revives it.

Zorcuspine
Member Avatar
HOENN CONFIRMED

The problem with this project is that some of the creatures are way too conservative for the time period. Were talking 200 million years here not fifty. Just think about how different the fauna is now compared to the early jurassic...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Evolutionary Continuum · Next Topic »
Add Reply