Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
<div style="background-color: none transparent;"><a href="http://www.rsspump.com/?web_widget/rss_ticker/news_widget" title="News Widget">News Widget</a></div>
Hello, we here at Speculative Evolution have noticed a recent increase in the number of guests visiting our community. While being a guest does allow you to browse the forum at a basic level, it does not give you access to everything. There are many things that guests cannot see, and therefore we urge you to join our us so that you may contribute to our community and the projects we are undertaking. If you would like to register, please click the link below. If you are already a member, please ignore this message and log in. Thank you for your cooperation.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Brave New World; A journey through alternate prehistory...
Topic Started: Sep 21 2011, 02:21 PM (3,163 Views)
T.Neo
Member Avatar
Translunar injection: TLI
Ah but we still have eutherians dominating Africa, Eurasia, and the Americas, and Marsupials dominating Australia. At one point we had funny South American fauna dominating South America. And not to mention Gondwanan monotremes. Of course back during the Cretaceous we had Gondwana dominated by sauropods and abelisaurs (and JohnFaa crocodiles), whereas Laurasia had tyrannosaur, hadrosaur and cerotopsian fauna.

You get all sorts of faunal interchanges when continents collide and are connected, but you also get funny divergences when continents get seperated for a while.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Russwallac
Member Avatar
"Ta-da!"
For now, I'm calling all of the terrestrial eurypterid descendants eurypterids 'cuz it's easier. They're actually their own class, Metascorpia (like mammals are class Mammalia).

Dragonthunders
Member Avatar
Prime Specimen
thanks for the explanation. When the input of the Cretaceous begin? Because I would like to see these arthropods face downward in temperature that occurred during this period

Russwallac
Member Avatar
"Ta-da!"
The Cretaceous wasn't really all that much colder than the Jurassic, it just had more seasonal extremes. Anyway, Metascorpians and their millipede contemporaries are doomed to extinction due to the KT Event, but they will be succeeded by new groups of animals...

Dragonthunders
Member Avatar
Prime Specimen
guess. Placoderms? Metascorpions without a
skeleton? Myriapods? That? Say it, please!

T.Neo
Member Avatar
Translunar injection: TLI
I bet it is an adaptable species of land planarian.

Russwallac
Member Avatar
"Ta-da!"
PART 6: THE CRETACEOUS
An eerie stillness fills the air. Two weeks ago, the plains of what will one day be Texas were filled with the calls of animals. Then, without warning, everything changed. A meteorite the size of Mt. Everest slammed into the future Yucatan Peninsula, bringing with it the end of an era. Elsewhere in the world, animals are slowly dying of starvation, but here, near the meteorite's impact site, the shockwaves have annihilated out everything.
Suddenly, the ash moves; something it pushing its way up from beneath. A tiny animal emerges from the debris, shaking ash from its body. It's a strange-looking creature, covered in a mixture of armor plates and soft fur. It supports itself on four short legs, waving its flexible tail to balance itself. Using a pair of sturdy claws, it carefully scoops away the ash, revealing a group of smaller creatures; its offspring. Squeaking and chirping, they emerge into a brave new world...

THE END

Thanks for following this thread! I've really enjoyed working on this project, and it seems to have generated quite a bit of interest. However, it's not ending here. Soon, we shall move forward 65 million years, into the present day. The Brave New World is just beginning...

miocenemadness
Member Avatar
Achievement Get!
Continue!

Nanotyranus
Member Avatar
I'm going back to basics.
YAY FURRY EURYPTERIDS!

miocenemadness
Member Avatar
Achievement Get!
I want arboreal eurypterids. :happy:

Russwallac
Member Avatar
"Ta-da!"
I'll begin the "modern" entries soon... I need some time for my brain to recharge from school and all. It'll start sometime around Spring Break.

GuesssWho
Member Avatar
Newborn
Poke? This looks cool, I want more.

ATEK Azul
Member Avatar
Transhuman
Wow I must say this is quite an interesting project and pretty original as well.

You also have been able to get quite a bit done so brovo.

I hope this gets continued it might actually have me on here more, now that I've seen it.

Also while you said the Plecopods don't become as successful as our worlds tetrapods the description of the K-T survivers could fit as mammal versions of them.

Though Scorpiomammalia sounds awsome in it's own way.

Russwallac
Member Avatar
"Ta-da!"
Dang, I totally forgot about this project... I need to start it up again!

How do you guys want me to format it: vignettes (like the earlier parts) or creature profiles (like my other projects)?
Edited by Russwallac, Sep 5 2012, 10:12 AM.

Just Watcher
Member Avatar
Superhuman
I prefer vignettes.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Alternative Evolution · Next Topic »
Add Reply