Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
<div style="background-color: none transparent;"><a href="http://www.rsspump.com/?web_widget/rss_ticker/news_widget" title="News Widget">News Widget</a></div>
Hello, we here at Speculative Evolution have noticed a recent increase in the number of guests visiting our community. While being a guest does allow you to browse the forum at a basic level, it does not give you access to everything. There are many things that guests cannot see, and therefore we urge you to join our us so that you may contribute to our community and the projects we are undertaking. If you would like to register, please click the link below. If you are already a member, please ignore this message and log in. Thank you for your cooperation.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Zetaboards upgrade introduces "Status" and "Board Feed"
Topic Started: Jun 11 2010, 11:18 PM (1,956 Views)
Pando
Member Avatar
Obey or I'll send you to the moon
Zetaboards has been upgrade today. The Admin CP was temporarily unavailable, and now it has a new URL <_<

But that is not what this announcement is about. It's about the new feature, "Status". Go to your profile and at the top shall be a "status", which will allow you to give a staus. Kinda cool. To see all of the status' from the board, visit this link. I find this as a cool feature that if people know of it it shall be popular.

Also, the "Preview" button is temporarily unavailable. Hopefully it shall be fixed soon.

For a full list of updates and bug fixes (didn't read it through) visit this link. I shall see all the new features soon.

Also, visit this link for all recent posting activity on the board.

I have also added links to the right of 'Top 10 Overall Posters" in the bar in the bottom. Tell me if you like them.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Holben
Member Avatar
Will of the People

Will the status be shown when you post?

Pando
Member Avatar
No, it's only in the profiles.

Holben
Member Avatar
Will of the People

Oh, thanks.

Pando
Member Avatar
It could always change, and I could make a profile field that you add your status there too.

And Brandon (the maker of Zetaboards) is currently wondering if the links to them should be automatically added. Let's just hope he does to remove some Javascript from the board.

Pando
Member Avatar
Sorry for the double post, but this is a BBCode you might enjoy.

Doing [member] and [/member] makes stuff hidden in the BBCode unviewable to guests. Should be popular, if you can find a use for it.

Empyreon
Member Avatar
Are you plausible?

An interesting code. I'm tempted to use it, but I'm not sure what for yet... :)

Pando
Member Avatar
Good for anything [Hidden Content: Login/Register to View]. Wait, what will we use it for?

In the next update the member and the nocode (makes BBCode visible and not work) better be included as buttons. Which reminds me, I should edit my last post with nocodes.

Spinosaurus Rex
Member Avatar
Apex
Can anyone use the [Hidden Content: Login/Register to View] code?

EDIT: YES!!!!!!!
Edited by Spinosaurus Rex, Jun 13 2010, 11:51 PM.

Empyreon
Member Avatar
Are you plausible?

Is there a link somewhere to the board feed where I can just click on it from the main forum page instead of having to find the link in this thread?

Pando
Member Avatar
I removed it from the area of Active Topics because it was basically Active Topics with different information, but with Javascript I can place it anywhere I want.

So where, besides the Board Stats foot, do you want it?

Empyreon
Member Avatar
Are you plausible?

Oh, I dunno. Maybe up by the Portal, TOS, Affiliates, etc.?

Pando
Member Avatar
How do you like it next to the board clock, where I just put it?

Empyreon
Member Avatar
Are you plausible?

That looks just fine. Thanks!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Announcements & News · Next Topic »
Add Reply