Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
<div style="background-color: none transparent;"><a href="http://www.rsspump.com/?web_widget/rss_ticker/news_widget" title="News Widget">News Widget</a></div>
Hello, we here at Speculative Evolution have noticed a recent increase in the number of guests visiting our community. While being a guest does allow you to browse the forum at a basic level, it does not give you access to everything. There are many things that guests cannot see, and therefore we urge you to join our us so that you may contribute to our community and the projects we are undertaking. If you would like to register, please click the link below. If you are already a member, please ignore this message and log in. Thank you for your cooperation.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Diaries of a Speculative Biologist
Topic Started: Jul 28 2009, 11:47 PM (2,720 Views)
Livyatan

I am officially releasing my blog Diaries of a Speculative Biologist to the public. Stay tuned to new posts (which will be posted every once and a while, no specific schedule). There will be articles about certain future or alternative species, the evolutionary routes certain species (or groups) may take, and various interesting scenarios. I will also be doing new interviews and will be profiling various 'speculative biologists'. Not only that, but I will be featuring projects periodically (possibly weekly or monthly). If you have suggestions/comments, I am always willing to read.

I am the primary writer/editor. Viergacht will most likely be the primary artist/official contributor. I will certainly be open to other contributors or guest writers/artists.

http://speculative-biology-diaries.blogspot.com/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Dodo
Member Avatar
Prime Specimen
Looks good so far, hope to see more. :)

JohnFaa
Member Avatar
Adveho in mihi Lucifer
Seems awsome; I hope this one continues to be up-dated, unlike your previous one

ATEK Azul
Member Avatar
Transhuman
Looks awsome can't wait to see more updates.

Venatosaurus
Member Avatar
HAUS OF SPEC
I'm glad Viergacht is the artist as well, good luck ! ^_^

Livyatan

Thanks guys :]

Cynovolans
Member Avatar
Servant to Empress Min
Really nice. Do you plan on doing just future evolution or anything else?

Livyatan

Cynovolans
Jul 29 2009, 07:01 PM
Really nice. Do you plan on doing just future evolution or anything else?
All speculative biology fields.

ATEK Azul
Member Avatar
Transhuman
This is definately very interesting I'm glad it was made.

Livyatan

New Post!

The domestic cat (Felis catus) is one of the most widespread mammal species thanks to the activities of mankind in the Holocene epoch. It has been introduced to every continent except Antarctica and has successfully established feral populations in many regions. Its effect on local wildlife has been drastic, surely shaping the ecosystems of future Earth. The cat itself will surely be shaped as well, and here are some possible descendants of the house-dwelling feline.

Read more...

The Dodo
Member Avatar
Prime Specimen
A lot of good ideas in there, I like the idea of the domestic cat becoming an apex predator.
Edited by The Dodo, Aug 2 2009, 04:16 AM.

Temporary
Transhuman
I'm surprised you didn't mention that cat's will become social predators. We know of domesticated cats working as midwives already, helping take care of each other's kittens, and on occasion hunting together. While males lack this behavioral trait (for the most part) it looks like some form of pack behavior might evolve.

Flisch
Member Avatar
Prime Specimen
Temporary
Aug 2 2009, 08:44 AM
I'm surprised you didn't mention that cat's will become social predators. We know of domesticated cats working as midwives already, helping take care of each other's kittens, and on occasion hunting together. While males lack this behavioral trait (for the most part) it looks like some form of pack behavior might evolve.
>_>
From the Blog:

Such apex cats would likely be leopard-like or even lion-like predators (cats seem to be more social than some of their feline counterparts, possibly leading to a pride lifestyle).

Livyatan

I am well aware of the social habits of cats ;)

My next article will be the first that is not about future evolution, but it will not have any of my own concepts, rather highlights of a certain trend.

ATEK Azul
Member Avatar
Transhuman
I really like the cat ppost though I wish it was longer lol.

Also giant birds fighting dwarf saberteeth would an awsome sight.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Spec · Next Topic »
Add Reply