Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
John Stewart; Green Lantern of Sector 2814
Topic Started: Sep 10 2009, 06:53 PM (233 Views)
BriGuy

My comic shop was having a back issue sale this week, so I picked up a couple of GREEN LANTERN (2nd series) issues from when John Stewart was the lead GL. He battles Eclipso in the one and loks like he has some kind of disagreement with Hal in the other.

I'm also looking forward to John Stewart's appearances during "Blackest Night". He's going to have some great moments going against Star Sapphire Fatality and Black Lanterns Katma Tui and Xanshi (a planet!).

I'm hoping once "BN" is over, John will get a Second Feature in GREEN LANTERN. Preferably, penciled by Darryl Banks.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Greg

Try to look for some issues of his Mosaic series. Great reading.

BriGuy

I have the whole series... including the ring that came with #1. I've been following GL since "Emerald Dawn", but have a handful or three of earlier issues.

babybro
Member Avatar
Administrator
Going against? I thought they were going to team with each other since she is suppose to be part of the "good" emotional aspect of love?

BriGuy

I suppose it could go either way, but Star Sapphires are historically bad guys.

BriGuy

Just finished GREEN LANTERN (2nd series) #186 with the John Stewart/Eclipso fight. The Love Entity, Predator, also played a part in the issue. Overall, I enjoyed it. I wonder if Eclipso and his black diamond will play a part in "Blackest Night"?

BriGuy

Looks like John Stewart gets the spotlight in GREEN LANTERN #49:

http://www.dccomics.com/dcu/comics/?cm=13577

BriGuy

GREEN LANTERN #49 was decent. It was great to see the much neglected GL of Sector 2814 get some spotlight and it was fun to see Driq again, but I would have liked to have seen more Blackest Night-related action than flashback. And none of the dead really seemed to resemble any of the Xanshian races.

Hope to see much more of John Stewart in the GLU post-BN.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General DC Comics · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Black Water created by tiptopolive of IDS