Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Icon
Topic Started: Sep 8 2009, 08:24 AM (161 Views)
Greg

Posted Image

"Icon is that rarest of creatures -- a well-told adventure story that achieves genuine political depth. Highly recommended."
-Alan Moore (writer of WATCHMEN)

ICON: A HERO’S WELCOME TP NEW PRINTING
Written by Dwayne McDuffie
Art by M.D. Bright and Mike Gustovich
Cover by Denys Cowan

The flagship character from Milestone Comics is back in this new printing of the classic title collecting Icon #1-8. This is the title that introduced Augustus Freeman, a successful lawyer who covertly uses his alien super-powers to help those in need. But when a teenaged girl from the streets convinces him to use his abilities to inspire his people and becomes his sidekick, Rocket, the affluent Augustus embraces his true destiny and becomes Icon, the hero of Dakota.

Advance-solicited; on sale September 30 • 192 pg, FC, $19.99 US
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BriGuy

I already have the first printing of this collection, but I plan to re-read it in time for the release of the new one. Hopefully, more of the series is to follow, but I imagine this printing needs to do well for that to happen.

BriGuy

I enjoyed this collection. I hope there's more to come. Want to see Icon solve the mystery of the "Big Bang" and if he ever comes to accept Earth as his home and his place as its hero.

Hope to see more interaction with DMZ as well.

BriGuy

ICON Vol. 2: The Mothership Connection

Greg

Man, I'm yet to even start reading my copy.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General DC Comics · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Black Water created by tiptopolive of IDS