Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Big Brother; Season 19
Topic Started: Jun 20 2017, 01:57 PM (2,313 Views)
jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Its almost time.....yay!

Meet the cast
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/big-brother-19-cast-reveals-16-new-houseguests-1014511/item/christmas-abbott-big-brother-19-1014512

Skewing a bit older this season with 6 age 30 or over and only 5 under 25. All newbies!

Entrance interviews with Jeff are up on CBS.com you do NOT need all-access to watch. I havent watched yet but may try to get to it before the premier.

A few of these hamsters have interesting backstories so I'm interested to see how they are in the house.

A little feature video about Christmas (yes thats really her name) from when she was on a NASCAR pit crew-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eeq2TYJMIC0

CNN segment about Raven and her health struggles as a child.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5MGeofAAdA

telling her story trying to get on Ellen--
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2lkR55bGbQ
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2017/06/21/big-brother-announces-this-summers-new-twist-summer-of-temptation-496103/20170621cbs01/

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
hmmm. It will depend on: who gets voted to enter the room; what the consequences are; and how likely BB can manipulate the process to favor certain players. That always seems to be the primary actual purpose of the twists. :P

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
UGH @ the one who said Frankie Grande was her favorite Hamster.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Okay, not sure how I feel about Paul being in the House, except to say that it was a given that someone would hit that 25K button. Folks are speculating that at least 3 others did but Kevin beat them. The only thing I can say is that Cameron was not "cute nerd" like Ian or Cochran but weird, creepy nerd. I think it was a good thing for his mental health that he got evicted.

Production actually did a great job with some BB twisty plots this episode. If they don't unfairly manipulate the way those twists play it, it could be fun.

My TVCH post:

Subject to change and especially feed info:

Early faves

Megan - Wanna see her skills play out, unless it's all talk and hot air.

Christmas - Ditto.

Alex - Impressed me with they way she pushed on the challenge, her chutzpah, and what looks like a decent social awareness.

I don't usually like three females. B-)

On the fence

Paul - Fun to watch his plotting, but too much playing for the camera.

Cody - because, this dude is sooooo not BB. He's prepping for Survivor.

Matthew - Nice eye candy without being a meathead, I hope.

Dominique - I always like smart, intellectual scientist types who hide their brains...unless but see Megan's caveat.

Jessica - It'll depend on how skin deep she is.

Ramses and Raven - They may be cool quirky types or painfully annoying. Time will tell.

Jillian - B..b..boring....

Gonna have to work hard to redeem themselves

In order of possibilities:

Kevin - Most older people just don't fit in. I know I wouldn't.

Jason - Meathead, with overtones of creepy misogyny.

Elena - Instant dislike, seems really really phony and selfish.

Mark - See Jason. And Bro alliances make me puke.

Josh - See Jason. I already dislike him more than most on my "most disliked ever" list. Paul's comment about being on 11 cracked me up...but that's only part of it. I sense some real macho sicko stuff, like, worse than Caleb. See(Who seemed to redeem himself on Survivor...)

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well damn, I thought it was starting tonight and I missed an eviction already.

Seeing Paul back in the house annoyed me at first. But he could be entertaining, and I think he was good for the feedsters last season. It's nice to have at least one person I'm familiar with, and it may be fun to watch him try to avoid the big target on his back.

Cody is a head-scratcher. He was so bland in his DRs but I caught him in the background a couple times smiling and laughing while interacting with other hamsters. I did like that he flat out told Megan he didn't like her after putting her up for eviction, rather than dancing around it with some bullshit reasoning. His breakdown of who he wanted to be on his team and how the others were outsiders was a fine example of how high school never really ends.

Quote:

I sense some real macho sicko stuff, like, worse than Caleb.
That's funny, because my gaydar started pinging as soon as Josh opened his mouth. I figured he was the token gay. Hamsterwatch is calling him a jock-bro, so what do I know?

Mark seemed intimidated by Cody. He was so relieved to be a part of the "Cool Kids" club, which made it look like he wasn't sure he would be. And then he was hesitant to tell Cody that he trusted Paul.
Edited by bilki, Jun 29 2017, 09:56 PM.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
On AfterDark...

Cody has his arm around Jessica in the HOH bed. She leaned her face against his and I thought he was whispering in her ear but maybe he was kissing her cheek? Matthew and Raven sitting on a couch in HOH room. She was leaning up against him but then sat herself up and moved off of him. Cody said he tried to watch the Live Feeds one season and they were so boring. LOL!

Jillian and Alex talked about Josh being too crazy for the house. Is Matthew married? Something about one of the hamsters dancing (?) against one of the guys (Matthew?) when she wasn't wearing any panties. Alex says one of the other girls used to be a drug addict. Jillian says something about Josh saying he needs a showmance.

Alex and Jillian now in kitchen saying HI! to family and friends. Josh steps in front of them and interrupts to say HI! to his family and apologize to America for fucking up.

Paul and Christmas in food storage room talking about how annoying Josh is with telling people he's a good person. Paul now talking directly to feedsters. Nothing important that I noticed. Christmas addressing her friends and family. Whatever. She says it's been a crazy 9 days.

Commercial break...

Mark and Dominique at chess board talking low. Something about Cody have some kind of game plan with Alex that blew up, maybe? They're mumbling.

Small group in the kitchen. Kevin talks to family (daughters?). Josh calls himself a mad man. He's already a broken record.

Raven and Christmas talking...OH SHIT! Megan walked! I wondered why I hadn't seen her anywhere yet.

Ok, I have to go to bed.
Edited by bilki, Jun 30 2017, 12:47 AM.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
My thoughts and observations after the premier and first night of feeds.

Well this cast is interesting so far.

Megan is indeed gone. She walked after some sort of blow-up with Alex/Jessica. There was some sort of rumor of a racial slur (panda?) directed at Alex. Alex went to production. From what i can piece together the slur either didnt happen or was misconstrued. Megan melted down and left amid all the turmoil and being confronted about making up the rumor. Damn BB really needs to give us the first week of feeds!

Alex is the nom that took Megans spot. Veto yet to come.

I am ok with Paul being back. He seems to be playing a little slower this time.

Cody/Jessica are hot and heavy. I dont like either of them. She is friends/works with the Nolan twins and she is playing like they did.

Jason is kind of a floater at this point. He's much less annoying on feeds than on the premier. I dont mind him and he has a decent grasp on the game so far.

Josh is a disaster! He is high on everyones hit list. He has the most potential for explosive drama for sure.

Kevin makes me laugh. He is up Pauls butt so far he cant see daylight but hes funny. I think they will drag him along at least for awhile but hes clueless.

Mark/Elena are showmance #2. Hes more tolerable than her but neither impress me. She apparently knows Corey from last season. Potential showmance drama with Dominique taking a shine to Mark as well.

I like Dom so far but shes been pretty quiet.

Matt/Raven are showmance #3. I like both except her laugh annoys me. She seems to be in a great spot. Shes pretty universally liked. Hes mostly well liked too.

Ramses is the ultimate floater this season. He was "bitten by the snake" and received a "curse". Not sure if its the temptation for Sundays show of 3 weeks safety or something else. He seems to not know what it is either. Not in a great spot but room for him to move up if he plays it right.

Alex is in big trouble. She is playing way to hard. Shes smart a feisty and thats a bad combination in BB.

Christmas is floating along nicely. Shes still on peoples radars but shes good for now.

Jillian is super boring and annoying. I wish she would go before Alex.

The 3 showmances make up the main alliance. Paul, Kevin, Christmas, Dom and Jason are loosely affiliated with them and make up smaller sub-groups. Alex, Jill, Josh and Ramses are the bottom group.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thanks for the update jbrr and Bilki. I don't have the feeds this season again, and forgot to record BBAD.

Wow, I am surprised Megan DOR'ed. Wish we knew the subtle details that put her on the block and inspired so much focus. Was she unfairly blamed for behavior she wasn't doing, or was she actually playing too hard/causing subtle drama. Josh's claim about her dropping comments into small groups? I dunno how I feel about people who DOR. Weak or smart to see the inevitable, and thus turn the tables on evil BB? :firemad:

Already too much testosterone in this bunch for me. And I've already dropped Cody to the deep six. I was hoping he would be sort of a fish out of water, strong but shy and misunderstood type. Instead he's like robo-

Yes, they are stupid for thinking that keeping the first week feed-free is good. What they gain from control and extra editing flow and time and premiere reveals isn't worth it.
Edited by KMInfinity, Jul 1 2017, 09:42 AM.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think Megan was probably playing too hard, even her allies were blasting her for lying/scheming in recounting to feeds what they could of the situation. In more dribs and drabs it sounds like the final straw was she was trying to pit Jess/Alex against each other since they both took a liking to Cody. Megan went to Jess and goaded her about Cody/Alex talking and then went to Alex and told her that Jess used the slur. Alex confronted the situation and it blew sky high. Production assured Alex the slur didnt happen but wouldnt let her see the video (obviously).

Megans plan did kind of work though because Alex and Jess still dont like each other. Alex is kind of catty. I havent seen enough from Jessica yet to say. Her and Cody turned in early for a makeout session in the HOH. I do hope we see alot of Megans moves in the next episode. I'm very curious about what really went down.

Feeds from day 1 was one of the best parts of BBOTT. Theres no reason they cant give us that for regular BB. Or at the very least shorten the time between entry and the premier. Way too much happens in 9 days.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Paul confirmed to cams that he got the 3 weeks of safety. Alex won the veto. New target=Jason.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
jbrr1212
Jun 30 2017, 06:31 PM
Paul confirmed to cams that he got the 3 weeks of safety.
He won that as a reward, or it was given to him before he entered the game?

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The fans get to vote for a temptation every week I think. This was the first - but remember, every temptation comes with a consequence.

But it seems Ramses got Paul's consequence. That ain't fair!

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah the 3 weeks safety is the first temptation, should air tomorrow. Curious to see Ramses consequence, hes still acting like he doesnt know so we probably wont see that until Weds. (or hes a really good liar). I like Ramses, hes fun.

Not much happened last night, veto comp must have been rough as they were all tired hamsters. All were in bed early.

Cody is SUPER creepy. Caleb x10 kind of creepy. He wont tell anyone who his replacement nom is. He wants Paul (i think) but clearly that wont happen if Paul has safety. His alliance is pushing for Jason and there are some pushing for Ramses too. He keeps going on about how hes wants to do things his way and nobody will understand his choice but he has his reasons blah blah blah. So yeah he will implode and be gone before jury, imo.

Paul knows Kevin took the $25K. He promised to not tell (lol). Paul is playing a much cleaner early game this time and I think has a real solid shot at winning if he sticks to his gameplan.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I actually liked Paul thru much of his season and actually wanted him to win instead of Nicole or her meat shield when they got to F4/F2 last season.

I haven't seen any BBAD action. The one time I turned it on it was very boring and CC was more terrible than usual. I can never hear their whispery mumbly two-some convos.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was going to record BBAD last night but forgot. The whisper-mumbles were annoying when I watched the other night.

Quote:

Dominique did a talk show that was rather serious and professional, although her guests livened it up a bit: typically funny Kevin in dapper suit and tie, and Mark with a surprise deadpan humor. Their audience derailed things a bit with some comedy and unexpectedly pointed questions. Christmas's in particular, about Mark & Elena showmance, upset Mark for the rest of the night.
Does anyone know what Christmas said that upset Mark?

I was reading an interview of Grodner and Meehan about what goes into bringing back a Hamster from the past, and was amused by one of them saying how popular Nicole was her first season but more polarizing last season. I can't remember if I thought Nicole deserved the win last season but I do remember that she annoyed me many times throughout.
Edited by bilki, Jul 2 2017, 09:13 AM.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
It was a rather inane question to Mark about his showmance with Elena. Something about whether it would happen if they were outside. He blew it wayyyyy out of proportion. It was awkward for sure but not worthy of his mini-meltdown. He was also mad a bromance partner Matt for following up with another awkward showmance question.

Christmas is the replacement nom. He apparently tried to nom Paul, Paul had to reveal his safety temptation. Christmas was his 2nd choice.

Its making for an interesting afternoon in the BB house. Half of Codys alliance (Matt, Raven, Dom) are refusing to vote out Christmas and Paul is rallying the others to keep her as well.

Sounds like it was a fun veto ceremony and the aftermath continues.

On a side note this year we have kitties and puppies to watch during feed breaks rather than fish. I like it.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sounds like Mark is a bit sensitive, which can translate to entertainment value for us.

Did Jessica ever admit to calling Alex "Pao Pao"? Because they didn't show her doing that on the broadcast, but it seems like it could have cleared up a lot of the confusion between Alex and Megan. It sucks if Megan left because she misheard what wasn't exactly meant to be a compliment, I'm sure. Does an "urgent personal matter" mean Megan will be invited back for the finale?

Cody reading the BB announcement cards without emotion or inflection was actually making me laugh. I'm sure that was an advantageous quality for a military guy but it seems silly for a television personality. I appreciated his respect for Alex, though. Made him look like a little less of douchebag.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Due to full dvr and forgetfulness, I missed recording #s 1 & 2. I'll catch up on demand... but I'm conducting an experiment and watching #3 first. Probably won't alter first impressions a whole lot, but it is something I've never done before...

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
They did a good recap of 1 and 2 at the start of tonight's episode, so I'm sure you'll be fine. It's not like it's your first time to this rodeo.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Much speculation Christmas is gone now. Some sort of injury to her foot. Nothing official yet.

Mark is very sensitive. He reminds me very much of my deceased brother so I have a soft spot for him even though his game play so far is pretty terrible. I do think he is genuinely a tender-hearted nice guy. He tries to play up the meathead role but it doesn't really fit him. I hope he gets away from Cody quickly. I fear though he will fall on the sword for Elena down the line.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Christmas came back on crutches. Thank god. This has been a crazy "first" week. I hope it's a sign of things to come, and not that things will simmer down and get boring in comparison.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yay, kitties and puppies instead of fish... are they in the house, but behind glass or something? I've always liked the idea of pets in the house (let's say casting has no troubles finding people without allergies)...

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think the furbaby cam is at a shelter.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah cam is at a shelter in CA. I've only seen kitties so far but the press release promised puppies too. Its really a cool idea. The room is adorned with BB posters and such and they rotate messages on the bottom of the screen between "the houseguests are playing a secret game......" and a message about how to go about adopting the featured furry friends.

I really have no update for last night since after 3 days of fireworks freaking out my dogs I may have taken a xanax and been asleep before BBAD even started lol.

Last I knew Christmas seems to have the votes to stay. The triad of couples has split down the middle Cody/Jess/Mark and Raven/Matt/Elena. Cody is still creepy and delusional.

Christmas in a cast and on crutches, and heavy pain meds. Still shes far outcampaigning Jill. She is having an MRI tomorrow to find out the extent of the damage.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think Raven is cute.

I think I hate Cody the most.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I like Raven. Shes in a great spot in the game.

Cody/Jess are both pretty hateable.

Dom is a gamer. Shes there to play. I have high hopes for her.

Jason is an idiot who cant shut up. I wanted to give him a chance but he's making it hard.

Josh is bouncing back. He's coming out of his shell and attempting to play. Maybe too little too late but hes trying.

Kevin still makes me laugh.

Not much of note happened in the overnight. Just a lot of talking and rehashing. There was allegedly a skywriting about the Dom/Mark alliance that Cody saw during their holiday celebration. That got little attention and was mostly mentioned in passing.

I dont know exactly where the votes are now since it seems to change minute to minute. For sure voting Christmas to stay are-Elena, Raven, Dom, Matt, Paul. For sure Jillian--Ramses and Jess. Kevin, Jason and Alex are a voting block that was keeping Jill but Paul is trying hard to flip them, Jason/Alex have a safety deal with Cody/Jess but both have said they would break it. Josh has promised his vote to both girls, he told feeders that he was indeed going to keep Christmas but tell everyone he voted to keep Jill, he told Christmas this too. He is a fringe member on the Alex/Jason group that could potentially swing. Mark is wishy washy, i think he will ultimately go with Dom and Elena and save Christmas.

Bottom line I think Christmas has the votes still but Paul better stop pushing quite so hard or that swing group might swing and blow up everything.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
From reading only, it seems like Kevin has adapted well and has a lot of fans already. Be interesting to see an older person go deep. Is he gaining any BB savvy, or might he have "native" gameplay?

I keep FF'ing thru BBAD because 1) they are too hard to hear and the CC is particularly bad this season. (How does live CC work, I wonder?) and 2) I seem to always get the same few hamsters. So I have really only seen whatever has made it onto the show so far.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
That was an awesome POV meeting. Even Cody couldn't totally suppress his emotions. It's not often that we get one that unpredictable (even though I knew the end result).

So Cody threw the POV comp. I'm amused by him hooking up with "The Hot Girl" Jessica but making it known to all that he has a soft spot for Alex. It's also funny to me that he can't stand Paul, especially after watching Paul ramble on and on to him the other night on BBAD.

The other night on BBAD, Mark was consoling Christmas with coddling and plenty of attentive listening. The way he was looking at her made me think he was "falling in love" with her.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cody - phhhttt

I think feedsters dislike Paul more than viewers, since we get smaller doses. :D

That scene when Cody was in bed with Jessica and said Alex's name.... Did he actually drop a Freudian slip or did he mean to say something about her it it's been twisted. Context please?

This season has the potential to be epic. Or end in angst like S6. It has that S6 feel.

Yeah I read that some people think Mark's regretting his fast showmance with Elena.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: