Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Better Call Saul; Season 3
Topic Started: Jan 11 2017, 04:48 PM (401 Views)
Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_3WzxpdUc0#
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Some cool pics of the Gus-at-the-end-of-BB4 prosthetic, and a nice little walk down memory lane...

http://uproxx.com/tv/breaking-bad-gus-fring-death/4/

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Will we be meeting Gus in Episode 1? They've been running commercials for Los Pollos Hermanos, and there's a Best Of Gus Fring marathon next Monday.

Best of Saul Goodman marathon today. I always forget how funny he was right from the start.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dunno if Gus will be in 3.1 or whether or not Esposito is a series regular, but anxious to find out, of course... they have been heavily promoting his return, but I remember end-of-2 interviews where they'd say 'oh, you may not see him RIGHT away' (but I think they'd also not yet secured Esposito, so...). We'll see soon.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/better-call-saul-review-season-three-gus-fring-breaking-bad-recap/2/

I'm very, very excited...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://ew.com/tv/2017/04/17/better-call-saul-giancarlo-esposito-breaking-bad-gus-fring-season-3/?

Gus debuted in 2.11 of BB. He was on one more that season, the finale, #13.

He was a series regular in seasons 3 & 4, in 11 of each season's 13 episodes (in 3, he sat out #s 7 & 10; in 4, he wasn't in #s 2 & 3). His is one of the most fantastic and memorable death scenes.

It is good to see confirmation in this interview that he IS a series regular here now, with an option to (likely) continue next season (and beyond..).

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
We didn't know Kim during BB, so as far as we knew then, Saul's most significant relationship with a woman was his receptionist, Francesca. Played by Tina Parker, she made her first appearance in the same episode we met Saul, 2.8. She was in 8 more after that - 3.6, 4.1, 4.10-13, 5.9, and 5.11. She was last seen when Jesse kicked the shit out of Saul after figuring out that Huell lifted the cigarette pack with the ricin in it.

Fun to see Jimmy and Francesca's beginning. He will come to call her 'Honey Tits'. She will not like that.

"This one really don't wanna talk about Cracker Barrel" - Hilarious.

-

Love the reveals on Los Pollos Hermanos and Gus, and Mike's loss of the upper hand and resigned 'Yeah' answering the phone at the end...

-

Victor (Jeremiah Bitsui) was first seen in BB 2.11, and was in Season 3's 2, 4, 8-9, and 12-13 before getting terminated by Gus in 4.1 with the titular 'Box Cutter' because Walt and Jesse made Gus really, REALLY grumpy.

Here, he drives the gas cap out into the desert.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
It was curious to me that Sepinwall thought Gus was able to block anyone from seeing his pick-up of Victor's drop-off, as I thought it was more Gus-like that he noticed Jimmy following and watching Victor and the pick-up didn't happen. Jimmy wasn't being subtle and Gus has that eagle-eye vision.

I was a little disappointed that we didn't see Jimmy even slightly suspect that Chuck may be trying to manipulate him with Ernesto revealing the existence of the tape.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, I thought for a second that Gus MIGHT have been able to sweep something from the bag into his sweeper, but... right, more likely that the drop was a scratch. Jimmy was not great at being a subtle set of eyes, no. Love when he leaned on the soda machine and made a mess..

The drop was very probably a scratch. (Different guy from Victor in the restaurant.)

You're right, Jimmy's rage SO blinded him to a pretty obvious Chuck trap.

Howard's trek through the backyards was very funny. He even did a couple little jumps like Bluto does in Animal House that always makes me laugh.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
#3. Another brilliant one... Love Mike's way of getting Hector's truck busted..

Seventh regular, the first main cast addition the show has made - Esposito gets the 'with' before McKean's 'and' in the credits.

Nacho sits out the first three episodes, but he's in the previews for next week..

Fuck Chuck. Such an asshole..

-

Two new-to-BCS BB alums -

Ray Campbell as Fring employee Tyrus Kitt, from 4.2-6 and 4.9-13.

JB Blanc was the doctor in 4.11 and 5.1, tending to Gus post-poisoning and Mike's gunshot wounds after the slaughter at Don Eladio's place. Here, he supplies Mike with his special sneaker seasoning.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Jimmy can be an asshole when he thinks he's in the right, and he thinks can get away with it. I'm disappointed he fell right into Chuck's trap but if you come to play games with people you should probably consider the possibility of losing. Jimmy was sloppy and Chuck beat him. It's a fun rivalry because they're both pretty rotten to the other.

Shooting the sneaker and sprinkling that truck with cocaine was awesome.

I recognized the doctor but only because they aired the poisoning at Don Eladio's place during the Gus Fring marathon a few weeks ago.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I really hope the season isn't mostly about Jimmy almost losing his law license because I find it very annoying. How he can be so stupid around his brother really bothers me.

It's good that we have Mike and Gus and all these other people because they really make the show as far as I'm concerned. The writing for Jimmy has not been all that great I don't think.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
BB returns in BCS 3.4 - Steven Bauer as Don Eladio (BB 4.8 & 4.10), Javier Grajeda as Juan Bolsa (BB 3.3, 3.8, 4.8).

Trivia I like - Mark Margolis (Hector) and Bauer were both in Pacino's 1983 Scarface.
Bauer and Banks co-starred on the fourth season of Wiseguy.

Didn't know this one before, but just came upon it at the BB wikia - Grajeda and Cranston were once roommates. They met while doing an episode of a show called Cover Up together; Cranston's character was a serial killer and murdered police detective Grajeda.

-

Great tension on Hector's visit to LPH.

I know we're going to see
Spoiler: click to toggle
at some point during the season... thought it might be this one, what with the DEA busting Hector's ice cream operation, but it wasn't...

Anxious to see Jimmy and Kim foil Chuck next week.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Gus' ability to maintain his composure while Hector is scrapping dried mud or dog shit from shoe was awesome. I could hear Gus just seething with rage and hate all the way over here.

I feel like I'm one of the few people on the planet who doesn't hate Chuck but it will be fun to watch Jimmy and Kim outsmart him.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
In a way, of course, Chuck is right. Jimmy's disregard for 'the rules' IS going to take him down a pretty scummy path. On the other hand, he may not have ever slid as far without Chuck's push.

But that holier-than-thou shit... Jimmy takes care of his crazy shit for years, and the payback is all this 'you can't be a lawyer, you're a bad guy'... he's just rude... AND... not passing on Mom's dying words out of jealousy and spite...

Chuck sucks.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Great Mike-and-Gus-free hour in #5.

Lavell Crawford made 11 BB appearances as Huell Babineaux (4.1, 4.3, 4.8, 4.11-12, 5.3, 5.9-13). We first met him when Saul hired him as a bodyguard (to protect him from Mike!). At the end, Hank and Steve left Huell in a DEA safehouse, and never came back...

When Jimmy told the vet he needed an expert pickpocket (and I like the guy's 'Does he need to fit in small spaces?'), it was a pretty good giveaway that we were about to meet Huell. His most important function on BB was lifting the ricin cigarette from Jesse's pack in a miraculous patdown.

When they first started talking about a Saul spinoff series, the most obvious supporting characters to include (that we already knew) were Francesca, Huell, and (one to go) Kuby.

Previews next week - Kim says 'Saul Goodman'... we're getting closer...

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/better-call-saul-michael-mckean-chicanery-1202418735/

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well I'll probably watch it tonight but any show without Mike it can't be a great one. I'm watching more for him than I am for Jimmy lately

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Jimmy was masterful at manipulating Chuck into that outburst. Although, I felt bad for Chuck because he's been holding that grudge against Jimmy for most of their life, and with some valid reasons, but it hasn't accomplished anything. It seems to have only made his life more difficult.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.amc.com/shows/better-call-saul/talk/2017/05/better-call-saul-qa-lavell-crawford-huell-babineaux?

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well it was a good show. You could see Saul finally and Jimmy. But I really didn't care for the storyline of his brother being such a fuck. Obviously with him going off the rails at the hearing Jimmy won't lose his license. We still don't know exactly when he become Saul Goodman or what happens to Kim. I hope we see her for a few more seasons in some way because she is a great asset to the show.

Thanks for the little article about Huell I thought he looked thinner.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I like the Jimmy/Chuck dynamic a lot.

Other than trying on the wardrobe for a bit last season, I wouldn't say we've seen 'Saul' yet. But we're getting closer.

Right. During BB, where are BCS regulars Kim, Chuck, Howard, and Nacho (who is not as much a major character so far as much as Gilligan and Gould originally intended, probably, but there's time yet for him to become more so... presently, he works for Hector, but I expect that will change...)? It is a reasonable thought that they are not ALL dead.

Kim has said she's from a small town on the Kansas/Nebraska border. The speculation is that she may return there at some point after 'whatever' happens to drive her away from NM.

Poor Gene later works at the Cinnabon in Omaha, Nebraska. A reunion scenario between Gene and Kim could happen..

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Now I know we really haven't seen Saul but his cross-examination of Chuck was very Saul like.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I don't think it was quite as 'showboat-y' as he'll become. Still a little more 'respectable' for the board's benefit, I thought...

Odenkirk has become a really good actor, I think. I've always liked his comedy, but he's really come a long way with handling the drama. The potential started showing on Shandling's The Larry Sanders Show where Odenkirk was Larry's agent, Stevie. But Jimmy is a major step up...

And McKean, too. No longer see him and think 'Lenny & Squiggy' or Spinal Tap FIRST, and that's cool. Also liked the guest turns he did on X-Files and Gilligan's spin-off of it, The Lone Gunmen.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Laura Fraser first appeared as Lydia Rodarte-Quayle on BB 5.2, was recurring in 4-5, 8, then credited as a regular for the final eight episodes, though she was only in five of them (9-10, 13, 15-16). Walt gets her with her coffee at the end. Here, she's showing Gus the industrial laundry, future home of the superlab.

And 26 episodes into the series, Saul Goodman has arrived in Albuquerque. He's a local commercial producer.

Good to see Nacho get some time this week.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Lydia was such a neurotic mess when we met her on BB that I couldn't help but love her, so she was a pleasant surprise.

Nacho has been on the back burner for so long that I wouldn't have missed him if he didn't show up again. I like the character but he doesn't feel all that important to me.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/better-call-saul-renewal-peter-gould/

I'd like six seasons. It'd be fun if they did 62 total (say, 10 in 4, and 11 in each of the last two) and equaled BB in length.

I expect there's enough story for that. Still thinking we'll get a little 'during' (but from a different perspective) and more 'after' resolution with Gene at Cinnabon (and maybe others...).

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The thing that drives me crazy about this show is it so slow to get going and before you know it it's over just when you really start to care about it again. I really hope we get to see what happens to Hector before the season ends. It's fun to slowly watch Jimmy evolve into Saul

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I really enjoyed the last two episodes. The show frustrates me in that it starts very slowly and then picks up steam and you get totally involved and then it's over. Don't read any further if you haven't watched the last episode.

I was so glad they showed us Salamanca having his attack and taking the fake pills. He is such a repulsive ugly person. I think it was amazing that Gus actually did CPR on him but I wonder ultimately if that wasn't torture knowing the way he will end up being unable to communicate except with his little bell.

Well now I guess we know what happened to Jimmy's brother. What a neurotic mess asshole he was. If he couldn't get over the hatred of Jimmy he should have seen a therapist for the rest of his life. Jimmy actually did him a favor by putting the battery in his pocket and it seemed like he got over his fear of electronics but then it seemed like he back slit in the worst possible way. I don't blame Howard for booting him out of the practice. They wouldn't have had all of the issues with malpractice if he had not gone on the stand and testified against Jimmy and try to have his license removed. He could have sat in his house indefinitely with the lights off and still collected money from The Firm but once he went on the stand and it became public record it was obvious that he was a liability. What an awful person.

I like the mix of Gus and Nacho and Mike along with the Jimmy story I think it really makes for a complex and well-rounded story.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Gus needs Hector to suffer more, so he wants him to live. Of course, Hector will ultimately be the one to assist Walt in taking out Gus, so... oops. He ought not to have done that...

Missed Mike in the finale.

Love the series.

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Love this show. Loved this season. Hubby and I were talking how it started out slow but I really think it has picked up its pace. I want more. I wonder when this show ends if they will pick up another character and start a new series.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: