Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Survivor: Game Changers; Season 34
Topic Started: Dec 15 2016, 12:33 PM (1,365 Views)
bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
KMInfinity
Apr 6 2017, 05:38 AM
But I do wonder how much plotting and planning happened before the game and sshhh, actual staging and scripting right now. It sure seems odd that all the winners and big guns are going no matter what tribal reconfiguration happens.
I've seen claims of staging and scripting many times before over at PreTV but never gave them a second thought. Why would they need to "fake" Survivor??? But after the way that Tribal went down, Tai didn't play even one idol when he had two, and Sandra went home regardless...those claims are now getting more than a second thought.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
They obviously edit things to misdirect us and create suspense, but I am not suspicious of Survivor in the same way I know BB 'coaches' the players in the Diary Rooms... they don't want to cheat, ESPECIALLY with the All-Stars, because the returning players have, you know, big mouths and social media presences and fans...

I do like the tribal switches screwing up confident people, but I was sorry to see Sandra go.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh I don't think Probst and Co. try to manipulate the players the way BB does, but I bet there are some hidden alliances we know nothing about that started before the game, and I think Jeffy is very happy to "create" opportunities such as shielding players while they search for an idol, doing "retakes" at TC, and this new "strategizing during TC - which is getting very old, since it's so clear that we the audience are being manipulated. There is no way in hell that there wasn't a scene were it was made crystal clear to Tai (by Zeke? and we only saw a teeny bit) that everyone was sticking to the plan to vote out Sandra. or he WOULD have played that idol.

You're right, the vets do talk a lot, and I hear a lot's been said already but I'm still spoiler free!!!! :D

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I thought it was weird Ozzy got so upset with Tai for letting Varner hear that Sandra was the target... easy enough to say 'well, that's what we told Tai because HE'S the target', a natural cover... did not seem like that big of a 'slip'...

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
WOW! That was.......I cant even think of the word i want to use. Easily one of the most memorable survivor episodes ever.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
That was just so wrong on every level. And then the way he tried to justify it all.

I can only imagine how Zeke felt in that very moment. I'm still able to give myself nightmares over a kid who used to call me a fag on the bus every day.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Wow. Yeah. I believe Varner feels like shit, but he absolutely should... made. No. Sense.

And just before that, he'd made a pretty decent case for sending out Ozzy over him... still likely would not have happened, but...

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah he actually had a great shot at getting Ozzie out right then. What the HECK was he thinking?

Here's my guess:

I knew Zeke was trans last time because it was pretty common knowledge on most survivor sites and he was out with Harvard and most people in his private life, maybe everyone.

So Varner is thinking that Zeke is "playing the game" to keep the secret, like other players who have kept their careers secret, etc. Tony the cop, anyone? And so Zeke is being dishonest by "lying" about something about himself. Add the idea that the "new Gen" LGBTQ are supposedly more open, and in the last game Zeke himself commented about how his generation was different from ... the cop who came out with Zeke - can't remember his name. So Varner is thinking everyone knows except the six at TC, and he thinks it's a "card" Zeke is saving, like the "dying mom" card that some claim Adam played late in the game ---to gain sympathy???

I know I know.... but there have been a LOT of people who have used personal info about their lives at home as a chip in the game.

I think he tried to make this point (which I agree was still shady and wrong) and Jeff redirected it to the fact that it wasn't just the six at tribal, but now the viewing audience that Zeke is being outed to.

Jeff always brags about how Survivor brings out growth and change and ... METAMORPHOSIS! But it also brings out an ugly side to good people too, sometimes. Not everyone handles stress and difficulty the same noble way. And not the same way each time either...

I do NOT think Varner meant that being trans was a bad thing (I mean really, people on twitter, get a grip). Or that trans people were deceptive by their very existence. He had a subtler thing in mind, that Zeke was "using" his trans identity somehow. It was really stupid and crappy thing he did but I don't think it was malicious like Sarah was saying.

There are some conspiracy theories:

Zeke knew it was coming. Varner discussed it in a confessional scene and the producers edited the trans part out of Varner's commentary. (Right after he says the confessional about what he will do at TC later to save himself.) The producers then decide whether...

A) to convince Varner not to do it. (Yes, there is manipulation, not at BB levels but some, sometimes. Did we ever discuss how Kelly Wiggles got extra food that first season...and why Rich REALLY won?)

B) get Zeke's permission ahead of time to go with the flow.

I dunno.

It'll be interesting to see what shakes out after the season is over, when more people will talk.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Perhaps it wasn't inherently malicious but there was a malicious quality to it. He wasn't trying to make a friend in outing Zeke like that.

If anything, it demonstrates what a colossal idiot Varner is, especially when he claims to work with and for trans-gendered people. He's got to be aware of their inner and outer struggles more than anyone else out there.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Happened to have the tv on to see Zeke on 'The Talk' earlier... he says Probst and the producers gave him the opportunity to, you know, un-do the Tribal outing, but (as a fan) wanted to protect the purity of the experience, and he was prepared going in (last season) that something like that COULD happen...

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah Zeke has been amazing through all of this. I wish I liked him better as a player. Maybe this will shake him up and push him forward.

Quote:

If anything, it demonstrates what a colossal idiot Varner is, especially when he claims to work with and for trans-gendered people. He's got to be aware of their inner and outer struggles more than anyone else out there.
Yeah, even though I tried to "think like Varner" it really is weird. You would think he would have hyper sensitivity to the nuances of this issue. Though, I do have a friend who is adamant that the whole privacy issue about one's sexual identity is wrong. He did not have a problem with outing public figures back in the 80s and 90s and said that for the good of the LGBTQ community it was wrong to hide one's identity especially if one was in the public eye, that change wouldn't happen if people refused to be open.

(ETA - This friend is gay. That might be relevant. :P )

When I think of this issue, I think of my 74 year old uncle, who served in the navy, worked in tech (Bell Labs) back in the 60s, who won and lost two fortunes in his life, and still has not come out, though everyone in the family of 11 sibs and dozens of nieces and nephews knows he is gay. When someone brought the topic up obliquely at one big family holiday gathering, he shut down and announced he wasn't talking about this *shit* and left. We try to be supportive in other ways, most of us, and though it's sad that he still struggles with his identity even with people who love him, no one would "out" him like that even within the family.

Edited by KMInfinity, Apr 15 2017, 09:28 AM.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Can sorta kinda see both sides of that... obviously like and respect people being 'out' more, but... understand when they choose not to be, too. It SHOULD be the individual's choice. Privacy is privacy, and it's a shame that people feel like they HAVE to keep that private, for whatever reason, but... it really ISN'T anybody else's business, of course, so...

Heard recently about a good teacher getting shitcanned because he crossdressed in his private life... stuff like that is always enraging...

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Geez, even my husband Mark knows all about this and he despises Survivor. His take is Varner is a jerk, but Survivor is worse for airing it. They're in trouble if that's the generic impact.

Yes I know how Zeke worked with the Survivor PTB... But will the average person?

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Varner fired from his real estate job now. Huh.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yes, Hali, please strip to prove you don't have an idol. Thank you.

-

Poor Ozzy. He lost his 'undefeated on the pole'... and he got voted off. He looked so sad.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
From Queso, a poster over at edgic... if you are interested in detailed, in-depth pattern analysis:

Quote:

So here’s my Five Winners Model breakdown.

For those new to the model… see below. For those who know and hate when I post this crap, just skip to the chart.

There is a theory that the Survivor winners fall into specific categories. People who win in similar ways receive similar edits. If we arrange players’ edgic charts so that similarly structured winners are next to each other, we can see some pretty interesting patterns. We can see some pretty interesting ‘rules.’

The Five Winners Model has expanded over the seasons. Most importantly, it has relaxed. The ‘rules’ in the Winners Model are NOT hard pressed. The production staff is NOT sitting at the editing table and, knowing that Adam wins, checking to make sure that his visibility is in line with previous winners. They are NOT saying “He needs more MOR content so that he’s more like Mike and JT. So when we discuss ‘rules,’ understand that all rules can be broken. In fact, given the still small sample size of 33 winners, we should expect rules to be broken.

It’s old Edgic tradition (or so I’m told—I wasn’t here long) to try to guess the winner by the merge episode. Therefore, the Winners Model only looks at episodes through the first instance of the merged tribe voting. In S31, Neal was voted out in the merge episode, and so we look at Michele’s season through the following episode, when the merged tribe voted together for the first time. Similarly in S29, Julie quit in the merge episode, so we go through the next episode.

‘Late pre-merge’ is just the two episodes leading up to the first merge Tribal Council, and the episode containing the first merged Tribal Council.

I’m only including seasons eight (All Stars) through now, which are the ‘modern’ seasons.
Episodes where the winner did not attend TC are italicized.
Episodes where the contestants swapped, merged, or dissolved tribes are underlined.

So far, no winner has had the following (but this does NOT disqualify future winners from having):
-A visibility of 5 in their first episode or their first TC.
-A visibility of 1 in their first post-swap TC.
-A visibility of 1 in the first TC merge episode (or 5 for a woman)
-A merge rating of INV, UTR (of any tone), MORN, OTTN, or OTT

General trends of each winner type:

Type A (Complex, The Leader from the Start)
These players are one of the main characters of the season. The season is THEIR story, and is seen through their eyes. It is THEIR game to win or lose. They lead the strategy, and the season plays out according to their goals. They lead the game from the start. Edgicers might think that their win is too 'obvious', and we might write them off (incorrectly) because of this.
Why are they edited this way?
Type A's dominate the game, are fun to watch, and typically hold power from the start. Production needs to show their power. To offset their 'obvious' win, production might want to make us wonder if they played too hard or ruthlessly.
What are editing trends of a Type A?
-The early pre-merge is overall CP
-Non-CP episodes tend to be ones where the winner did not attend TC
-There is some tone in the pre-merge
-Tone in the early pre-merge is consistent (not P one episode and N the next), and tone in the late pre-merge is consistent, but early tone does not have to match late tone
-The merge is CP
-The entire pre-merge will have medium-to-high visibility, particularly when compared to members on their tribe
-INV and OTT ratings are unlikely

Type A2 (The Emerging Leader)
These players didn’t hit the ground running as the leader. They had very little impact on the first couple of episodes, but have an Aha moment that forces them to be the leader, oftentimes a loved-one or close ally being voted out, or a tribe swap. Despite becoming the leader later on, these players do not ‘grow.’ They simply had little impact before.
Their tribe usually doesn’t go to Tribal Council until later in the game. In the meantime, the editors want to focus on the drama of the other tribe(s) and distractions.
What are editing trends of Type A2?
-Usually aren’t present at the first few Tribal Councils
-Have positive moments or episodes before they are shown becoming the alliance leader, to keep them relevant
-Initial UTRP string of episodes, followed by a spike in visibility and complexity as they become the leader of an alliance.

Type B (UTR/Neglected Winner)
These players are NOT main characters during their season. They tend to lack strategy and lack a big story of their own... They will have a much smaller/simpler story. They are attached to a huge character of their season, and can be seen as riding that player's coattails to the end. Type B's tend to win in "Why X Lost" seasons. To make up for their lack of strategy, they are often positive.
Type B's do NOT dominate the game. Production wants to show that the Type A of this season did in fact play too hard/ruthlessly, and so their pawn ended up winning. To make sure the audience doesn't think the win was completely undeserved, production will likely make the Type B winner likeable, even only if at times. Production will probably try not to make the Type B winner un-likeable, at least.
What are editing trends of a Type B?
-The early pre-merge is overall UTR, but can have a few low visibility INVs, MORs, or CPs
-Will likely have a breakout episode or two of CP/MOR with 3-4 visibility about halfway through the pre-merge
-Tone is typically neutral, with moments of positivity
-OTT in the pre-merge is unlikely
-The late pre-merge will go from UTR to CP
-The late pre-merge tends to be more positive than earlier neutral episodes
-The merge is MOR/CP-lite/CP
-Seems to favor women
-Tend to win when no other player has a traditionally strong edit

Type C (The MORP, the Likeable Narrator Winner)
These players are secondary characters that aren't pawns like Type B, but not powerhouses like Type A. They narrate the season, and typically win against a favorite of production. They might be a bit bland in real life, so production has to work to craft their win. They aren't 'undeserving' of the win (like Type B's), but probably aren't as deserving of a win as the Type A.
Their gameplay isn't as exciting or worthy as a Type A, so production has to make an effort to make them likeable and relatable, or at least not as unlikeable as they actually are. However, unlike Type Bs, they did do something. They tend to be a little quieter than we might expect so that production can let their favorites (even more likeable character, players that 'should have won', 'Golden Boys', etc) shine in all their glory.
What are editing trends of a Type C?
-The early pre-merge is characteristically MORP
-Visibility tends to not see spikes or cool downs like the other winner types, and will likely be stable in the 2-4 range during the pre-merge
-INV or CP not likely in the early pre-merge, but may have a small amount of UTRs or OTTs
-The late pre-merge is more complex, but is still positive
-Type Cs tend to be “Good conquered evil” seasons
-Tend to have evil foils (ex: Mike had the evil Rodney and Will; Denise was the opposite of Abi-Maria; Adam was battling his mom’s cancer)

Type D (The Complex Winner with UTR Strategy Winner)
These players have a strategy to stay quiet and under the radar pre-merge, and jump into power at or near the merge. Once past the merge, they follow the powerhouse trajectory of a Type A.
During the pre-merge, either production wants to deflect attention off of them, or the player themselves wants to deflect this attention, or both. They coast through the game unnoticed for some portion of the season. Unlike Type B's or C's though, Type D's have a firm strategy... this strategy just involves staying out of the way and letting the bigger players take themselves out. Type D's probably provide lots of CP/CP-lite commentary, so it is not hard to craft their strategy. Like Type A's they are good/successful players. But unlike Type A's though, this is not THEIR season, and their win isn't super obvious. Given who they are, it is surprising they were able to win. Possibly to hide their win, their edits receive little tone.
What are editing trends of a Type D?
-Winner attends TC during the premiere, they were CP. If not, MOR. (Michele breaks this)
-Early pre-merge after the premiere will be UTR, perhaps followed by a pocket of quiet MORs mid pre-merge
-Early pre-merge tends to be noticeably toneless
-Late pre-merge will have more characterization with high complexity and visibility
-Late pre-merge is more likely to have tone, but tone doesn’t have to correspond with earlier tone
-Merge is CP/CP-lite/MOR
-Type D’s tend to ‘spring up on you,’ but this was their strategy all along

Type E (The Unlikely/Quirky Winner)
These players are overall likeable, yet over the top characters. They tend to lack strategy and lack a big story of their own, but the other players typically never intended to let them get to the finale. Instead, they got there by an immunity winning streak, and faced off against unlikeable or less-worthy contestants.
They were always likeable, but never had as strong of a strategy to make it to the end or win as production would have liked. However, these players lucked out and made it there anyway. They were likely very OTT and had to be toned down, but you can only tone someone down so much. And they were very likeable, which played a major role in their win.
What are editing trends of a Type E?
-OTT in the premiere
-Early pre-merge is characteristically UTR, but will likely have a very smart/observant confessional somewhere
-Tone will skew positive, and the character will tend to be likeable.
-Visibility will tend to be low, with INVs not being a deal killer
-Late pre-merge will be markedly more OTT, and markedly more positive
-Merge will be MOR/OTT
-Like the Type B, Type E tend to win in “Why X Lost” seasons, and tend to have the best edits by default when compared to other players’ weak edits
-Perhaps Type E is a more character driven Type B winner?

As another general trend… regardless of winner type, the winner is more likely to be more CP in a smaller tribe (think Denise), and less likely to be CP in a larger tribe (think Tom or Tyson).

See attachments for comparison charts...

The recent additions to the winner’s list:

Michele was a clear Type D, CP winner with UTR strategy. She had her plan in mind, and flew under the radar.
Adam, I argue, is a MORP type C. His story was overwhelmingly positive, and he very much played the role of a narrator in the pre-merge. His complexity was more personal vs strategic. Even when he was receiving N in the late pre-merge, it was done in a positive-ish way: “I backstabbed you and I am sorry. I had to do this to win.”

I made this chart before watching the merge episode, and will update later. Prior to the merge, here is where I thought everyone was:
-Brad is an A2, Emerging Leader. He was quiet at first, and blossomed after the swap as he took his role as leader. Similar to Tyson, he’s pretty positive. My worry with him is that his merge and post-merge episodes weren’t particularly complex. He was discussed as the leader of his alliance, but not shown making any decisions. However, this may not be a bad thing given Jeremy’s recent precedent of a quiet, MOR merge.
-Sierra confuses me. I think she could pass for a Type B. She has the ‘breakout episode’ around Ep4, as would be expected, and was largely UTR save a required CP in Ep1 when she found the advantage. She is tied very closely to our Type A(2) player of the season, Brad. So if they make it to the end, she could win because Brad made mistakes. I’d want to see some mistakes coming up though from Brad. Sierra could theoretically be Type D, but she lacked complexity completely as we approached the merge, which is typical.
-Aubry would be a Type B, if anything. But her problem is all UTR, no CP. No breakout. She is just there.
-Andrea is even worse, and here UTR streak was tainted with a MORN for her treatment of Troyzan. I haven’t read any comments whatsoever of post-merge, but I didn’t think she came off too well in her cattiness to Zeke in her voting confessional.
-If Ozzy, Zeke, or Troyzan were to win, they would likely be edited as MORP winners. They have the rootable and likeable qualities. Ozzy is both too complex, and too distanced from the action to really fit here. Zeke was way to UTR/INV in the early pre-merge to fit. Troyzan could fit, but he’s not really positive enough. None of them are.
-Sarah looks like a model Type D if her first and second episodes were to switch places, and because the episodes were aired at the same time, we can sort of say they were a CP2 block. She was CP at first, mostly UTR, with CP moments to remind us she is still there. She has a plan, but hasn’t had to do much to implement the plan yet because she has stayed out of trouble.
-Hali is a poor Type D given her edit. If she were to win, I think she would have followed the model a bit better. Her self-reported strategy was to be the snake in the grass ready to bite (that worked out well for her?). She had the UTR strategy.
-Cirie has the strategy, and by never going to TC, she never needed to implement it, so was UTR by default. She’s not looking too bad here.
-Michaela wanted to be a Type D winner. She really did. She wanted to think ten steps ahead, but play quietly. Then Episode 4 happened and she ruined her chances.
-Debbie and Tai, given their OTTness, would be Type E winners, but I don’t think either can or will win. They don’t really follow any other group’s guidelines, but fit begrudgingly here.

If I had to say who had the best chances based on the winner’s model, I’d say Brad, Sierra, Cirie, and Sarah are the only viable options. Brad is looking pretty much perfect. Cirie and Sarah are probably good back-ups, with Sierra as a last resort.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: Survivor_Winner_charts.jpg (149.2 KB)
Attachments: Survivor_winner_charts_2.jpg (81.47 KB)
Edited by KMInfinity, Apr 22 2017, 12:47 PM.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thanks, KMI!

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
It seemed like a bad move to get rid of Andrea before Brad. And that's not just because Andrea is one of my favorites.

Did they give us any kind of set-up for a Michaela boot? Tai didn't play an idol so he must have been pretty confident. Brad wanted Michaela out and Sarah decided to go along with him? That was the best theory I've read tonight.

In my mind, Cirie lost two allies with these votes. I love Cirie but I'm having trouble thinking she's OutWit-ing anyone at this point.

I can't decide if I like Sarah or not but she's playing the best game out there right now.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Tribal was confusing. Fun, but not easy to figure everything out.

I don't really like Sarah.

I like Cirie, but yeah, that turned out to be a big 'oops'.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I really dislike Sarah but she is the heavy odds-on favorite most places. There's been a strong Brad-Sarah debate from E1.

yeah, until this episode I thought Cerie had a chance but she really overplayed. Then again, double boot episodes are always light on clarity and logic.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cirie going to jury only because everybody else had immunity was crazy.

--

Returning Players Scorecard
-

Jeff Varner
Game 2 - The Australian Outback - placed 10th of 16 players
Game 31 - Cambodia - 17th of 20
Game 34 - Game Changers - 14th of 20

Sandra Diaz-Twine
Game 7 - Pearl Islands - Winner, 16 players
Game 20 - Heroes vs. Villains - Winner, 20 players
Game 34 - Game Changers - 15th of 20

Cirie Fields
Game 12 - Panama - 4th of 16
Game 16 - Micronesia - 3rd of 20
Game 20 - Heroes vs. Villains - 17th of 20
Game 34 - Game Changers - 6th of 20

Ozzy Lusth
Game 13 - Cook Islands - 2nd of 20
Game 16 - Micronesia - 9th of 20
Game 23 - South Pacific - 4th of 18
Game 34 - Game Changers - 12th of 20

JT Thomas
Game 18 - Tocantins - Winner, 16 players
Game 20 - Heroes vs. Villains - 10th of 20
Game 34 - Game Changers - 16th of 20

Andrea Boehlke
Game 22 - Redemption Island - 5th of 18
Game 26 - Caramoan - 7th of 20
Game 34 - Game Changers - 8th of 20

Troyzan Robertson
Game 24 - One World - 8th of 18
Game 34 - Game Changers - 3rd of 20

Malcolm Freberg
Game 25 - Philippines - 4th of 18
Game 26 - Caramoan - 9th of 20
Game 34 - Game Changers - 17th of 20

Brad Culpepper
Game 27 - Blood vs. Water - 15th of 20
Game 34 - Game Changers - 2nd of 20

Ciera Eastin
Game 27 - Blood vs. Water - 5th of 20
Game 31 - Cambodia - 10th of 20
Game 34 - Game Changers - 20th of 20

Sarah Lacina
Game 28 - Cagayan - 11th of 18
Game 34 - Game Changers - Winner, 20 players

Tony Vlachos
Game 28 - Cagayan - Winner, 18 players
Game 34 - Game Changers - 19th of 20

Hali Ford
Game 30 - Worlds Apart - 11th of 18
Game 34 - Game Changers - 13th of 20

Sierra Thomas
Game 30 - Worlds Apart - 5th of 18
Game 34 - Game Changers - 9th of 20

Caleb Reynolds
Game 32 - Kaôh Rōng - 15th of 18
Game 34 - Game Changers -18th of 20
(Big Brother 16 - 4th of 16 houseguests)

Debbie Warner
Game 32 - Kaôh Rōng - 9th of 18
Game 34 - Game Changers - 11th of 20

Tai Trang
Game 32 - Kaôh Rōng - 3rd of 18
Game 34 - Game Changers - 4th of 20

Aubry Bracco
Game 32 - Kaôh Rōng - 2nd of 18
Game 34 - Game Changers - 5th of 20

Michaela Bradshaw
Game 33 -- Millennials vs. Gen X -- 14th of 20
Game 34 - Game Changers - 7th of 20

Zeke Smith
Game 33 -- Millennials vs. Gen X -- 9th of 20
Game 34 - Game Changers - 10th of 20

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I thought Culpepper and Sarah were both deserving. I'm not really a fan of either one but I am pretty satisfied with the result.

Ciries boot was crazy fun.

Not sure how I felt about the new final tribal format. It provided better insight than we have had before, i think, but I kind of missed the old format anyway.

Next seasons theme is not interesting to me at all.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Poor Cirie! When Jeff talked about how her Survivor experience came to such an unusual end during that TC, all I could think was how frustratingly ironic life can be at times.

Pleased with Sarah's win. I still don't know if I like her but I thought she had good timing and played her advantages well.

Varner plugging his book may have confirmed my suspicion that he's a self-serving moron.

An awesome awkward hug between Culpepper and Sarah at the end of the Reunion show. Looked like neither of them were smiling.

Do those ridiculous themes draw more people in? This new one has to be one of the worst. Like they've run out of ideas and they're picking names out of a bag.
Edited by bilki, May 25 2017, 05:37 PM.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I liked Sarah as a winner better than Culpepper but that ain't sayin' much. First time Edgic raters are set to give a UTR rating to a finale finalist. :D Poor Troyzan.

I was impressed with Michaela's advocacy of Sarah. She must really hate Culpepper.

I bet Varner's book plug was a compromise by Probst to mitigate all the hate Varner got, and to prevent Varner from blowing up any behind-the-scene deals. I'm sure the edit could have been kinder/different at that TC. TPTB have hours of TC each time to work with - and I know they all sign waivers, but I'm sure Varner could make a case that the edit has hidden the faults of others in the past, especially winners.

I am most sad with Cerie's finish. She did make that mistake with stealing Sarah's advantage, so I guess some could say she wasn't worthy to win, but I wish she had made it to the final TC, or at least not gone out like that. Though some are saying it's a great legacy for her in a way.

New theme is dumb. But they all are, usually. Jeff likes advertizing hooks, and claims they only develop themes AFTER seeing the final pool of applicants. ::eyeroll::

I'll browse around for any extra info. I do know the F3 was spoiled from the first week. I was trying hard to avoid them so I dunno what the gossip has been. (However, the F3 seemed so unlikely during the early game that it didn't get a lot of attention.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: