Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Timeless; Season 1
Topic Started: Oct 12 2016, 08:44 PM (628 Views)
bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I imagine Wyatt was arrested, though it seems like that they'll have to manufacture some reason why he'll be allowed back on the team.

I figured the serial killer was lying about being the one who killed Wyatt's wife. Maybe even Flynn put him up to it?

Anthony Bruhl's reveal about the motive of Rittenhouse was too vague to feel satisfying. The show has been saying that Rittenhouse's plan was more diabolical than Flynn's all along.

Lucy going to see her father was a cool ending.

They're expressing doubts that the show will get a second season over at AV Club. I just looked up the show's ratings and they don't seem to be all that bad. But with people watching on various platforms these days, I'm not sure what it takes to keep a show alive anymore.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Me e ither. I know it's a favorite with my students who often (unusually, these days it seems) watch with parents, who get to tell their kids stuff. One kid said it makes his dad feel smart. :P

I agree the Bruhl reveal was underwhelming. We need some clarity with the whole big picture.

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
I really enjoyed this weeks episode. I think I'm learning a lot more about history (Hemingway and Lindbergh for sure)than when I was in school. Things are definitely getting interesting. I really hope this show makes it to season 2.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah I loved the Lindbergh episode. I posted it to FB. :P I didn't realize it has a a short episode order. I'm hoping for S2 too.

The wonky, badly plotted stuff about Rittenhouse and Garcia Flynn is dragging the show. So if they fix that it could be awesome.

But I see the numbers are weak. On the bubble with a negative slide. :-(

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Perhaps there was some relevance to all of the melodrama between the Capone brothers but it was lost on me. I would have rather spent time with characters that I cared about.

I was mostly disappointed in that episode, especially considering we might only have 1 episode left of the series. At least my expectations for the finale are lowered.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Interesting ending.

Enjoyed many of those character moments. Lucy meeting Ethan. Ethan watching the time machine disappear. And even if their conversations have become repetitive, I still love it when Lucy and Flynn have their little spats.

But wow, they really bulldozed over the plot. Felt like they needed another half hour if not another full hour. I wonder of there are a bunch of deleted scenes somewhere, or they just didn't even bother.

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
I haven't watched yet, but I haven't seen that it was canceled. You sound rather disappointed in the show Bilki...

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The disappointment is my own fault, though, lol. The things that annoy about the show have been there from the start, and no one is holding a gun to my head. But I just love Abigail Spencer (even though her character here is so different from Amantha on Rectify), so I've stuck with it. And there are other things I like about it, or I wouldn't have made it this far into the season.

I enjoy talking about any show that I watch, even if it's just to complain about it. :D
Edited by bilki, Feb 22 2017, 10:46 PM.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I've been watching, but not talking about this show. One week I fell asleep waiting for it to start, so I got behind with the episodes.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Did you watch Rectify, BL?

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Overall, the finale was a mixed bag fore me too. More later.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Of course, I watched the last episodes of Rectify, I just didn't watch it in a timely manner. It still rates very highly. I thought Timeless was good for genre, and liked how the makeup of the cast was mentioned when traveling like how hard it is for some based on race or gender in the past.

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yes, it felt more like a finale than the end of a season. I agree, it was rushed and i did not like the end at all!

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
'Timeless' Saved From Cancellation as NBC Reverses Course With Season 2 Renewal

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: