Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X; Season 33
Topic Started: Aug 19 2016, 06:00 PM (657 Views)
blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Here is a Link to True Dork times to the cast. There will be two contestants that will be in season 34, that are part of this cast. The site I shared does not have that info FWIW.

bl (who finds it annoying that the search gave me an error, so if there already was a thread on the new season i apologize and that my spellcheck doesn't think Millennial can be plural.)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
blosslover
Aug 19 2016, 06:00 PM

bl (who finds it annoying that the search gave me an error, so if there already was a thread on the new season i apologize and that my spellcheck doesn't think Millennial can be plural.)
Were you logged in when you did the search? If so that is strange. Anyway great job and thank you. And no, there wasn't a thread already for this season so thank you for creating one. ;)
Edited by Gatekeeper, Aug 20 2016, 06:16 AM.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I've not been following the S34 Game Changer returnee spoilers and am surprised at some of the names. Being a Survivor player is almost becoming a full time career for a few of these folks. :P

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I haven't been following the S34 stuff, because I want to get through this season first, and don't want to be potentially spoiled about the people who are in S33 also. :)

bl (I was logged in, typed in my query in the search box, hit enter and it said you aren't logged in, so I hit my back button and created this thread.)

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I've had trouble with the search box on school computers, I think...

I'm curious and willing to be spoiled on the returnees in 34, if ya wanna send me somewhere to see that info... (I don't wanna see a boot order, but I doubt that's out there anywhere... Don't mind seeing who comes back from 33 - might be kinda fun to pay more attention to them, knowing they'll be two-in-a-row...) (changed my mind... more fun to try and guess)

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
blosslover
Aug 20 2016, 08:14 PM
bl (I was logged in, typed in my query in the search box, hit enter and it said you aren't logged in, so I hit my back button and created this thread.)

Lovely. I'll have to put a ticket in I guess. ^o)

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
After KMI sent me to the 34 cast of all returns, I decided not to peek at the two-from-33-that-will-do-back-to-backs... Instead, gonna try to see if I can guess who they'll be...

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
All of the bleating about one generation being so much better than the other was groan-worthy, so I was pleased when they moved beyond all of that. How funny that the male model GenX-er was the one to point out that they shouldn't underestimate their enemy.

That storm was awesome! How did those camera guys hold still when some of the Survivors had trouble walking to the boat?

It was nice to see the one older Millennial guy take charge when they got back to camp and feel good about himself.

I was disappointed that the GenX-ers let Rachel and David start that puzzle.

The Gen-Xer with the eye infection seemed like she was voting with the other guys but her vote was for CiCi. And why did CiCi even get 3 votes???

Did we get any Talking Heads from the older Asian woman? They kept showing her facial reactions at tribal, which didn't mean much of anything because I don't think we know anything about her.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
My one thing is this how is someone from 1963 anything like someone from 1981. Yes both Gen-X for the case of the game, but could be in completely different parts of their lives. Same with the 18 year old and the ones who are about 30 on the Millennial tribe.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yes, it's a silly dividing line. I could agree that there's a different work ethic between the two generations but I don't know that that makes for a major obstacle in what drives one to compete and win a challenge. I think we're all wired to want to win.

And I found it amusing that the pretty/cool kid Millennials split off to their little click, which I remember happening during my GenX high school days.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was confused by the Cici votes as well. They didnt give us any insight into that at all.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Storm was awesome.

Mmm, bible missionary girl Michelle...

I am not spoiled on which two from this game will be back for the next one, and kinda hope I'm able to stay that way, because I wanna see if it'll be easy to guess...

Rachel not a surprising first boot.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I need to rewatch but I think the Cece vote was the "splitting the votes" in case someone did actually find the idol. They made it seem like it was over Dave but in fact it was to make sure that if Rachel DID have the idol, there was a backup to go and no surprises.

I think they hid some stuff about Dave to make it seem like he's liked less, and was in more danger than he really was. That kind of heavily manipulated start makes me veeeery suspicious that someone is an end gamer, and they want to retroactively plant a "come from behind" story - probably a growth story like Cochran's first season.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
That was a fun episode. Maybe it was because I missed the last two, lol.

Chris throwing those Millennials around during that reward challenge made me chuckle. Cool immunity challenge, too. I don't remember seeing them having to lift each other up on a swing like that before. Was not expecting the Millennials to figure out the winning phrase.

Loved watching the Gen-X tribe self-destruct after Jessica told Lucy what Ken had said to her.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
:wow:

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Great reactions at the tribal council, yeah. Fun!

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
That was awesome. I dont remember if i actually looked to see who the 2 returnees are for next season (and if i did thankfully i forgot because now i dont wanna know) but I really hope its Michaela. Her attitude and reactions are priceless and shes smart and good in challenges. I would LOVE another season for her.

I enjoy all the tribes eating their own now. Thats fun. I dont recall that happening much recently, at least not this much. I cant decide if I'm happy or sad its merge time already.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I like Michaela but that was an awesome blindside. Loved the way Jay looked her in the eye and owed it. I can't remember someone seeming so volatile in the tribal council area after they'd been voted off, at least not in recent history. Michaela is a great player but she has the arrogance to match.

It was funny when Adam was talking to Taylor about how he'd screwed him over my voting out Figgy. Like he was apologizing to Taylor and patting himself on the back at the same time.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Adam was crazy in the boasting. Definitely didn't come off like an apology, or seem like he felt bad about it at all...

Jay's 'I did it' was cool and kinda creepy, like he was confessing to a murder.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Never mind. :D
Edited by KMInfinity, Nov 3 2016, 07:56 PM.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Has anyone seen how Taylor had a pregnant girlfriend back home while he was having his little romance with Figgy during the taping of this season? Young love, lol!

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
No, I hadn't seen that. Yuck.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah he's a jerk.

I'm all in on Ken. (While Edgic analysis continues thru to the end, the merge pick, based on the opening game edit, remains the holy grail of success.) Lots had Michelle, but I saw merge boot flaws and I was right. :-)

David has some support, and so does Chris. Everyone else is considered too flawed to win, unless there's a Tony-Tornado this time.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well, Ken seems like a loser pick after all. No past winner had three INV episodes in a row right thru the merge period. And won immunity and didn't get to say a damn thing after winning. If he wins, this is a new type of edit that will make Tony's look rational. Oy.

I have a question for discussion but I'm not sure I can bring it up. I am still unspoiled... EXCEPT, I know who returns next season. If you don't mind knowing that, open the spoiler. I have a question related to that info.

Spoiler: click to toggle

And. Glad Taylor is gone. What a pig.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Spoiler: click to toggle

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I hope you're not mad you peeked. :P

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nah, it's okay. Oh, I'll wonder (WOULD I have guessed right?), but at this point in the run, nah, I hadn't picked a They're Definitely Going to Have Him Back guy...

I'm not paying the strictest of attention to this season... watching, but playing my online game at the same time, and there are still some people whose names I don't really know... I only really perk up when there's good conflict between people, and the pre-tribal gameplay...

I liked the cute girls, Figgy and Michelle, but they're gone...

Kinda feeling a little 'Survivor fatigue' after, you know, 33 seasons... but I'm looking forward to 34's all-star round, because I like when we know them already...

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah after last season this one is not getting any awards for gameplay, editing, characters, etc. the game is always only as good as the casting and this one seems a little blah. I agree, I keep forgetting some people's names and that's not like me by the merge at least. I literally forgot who it was Sunday was all worried about. In fact, i can't remember the woman's name right now. :P - the one David saved with his idol at TC.

I mean, really? That whole plot is dropped? There's a theory from edgic players that the editors/probst have decided not to focus on the long term arcs, but to treat each episode as its own story. Which is exactly the dynamic in drama TV shows. I get the "stand alone" vs "arc" concern, but in survivor it seems particularly misplaced. They've always had varying success with intertwining the two, but this season it seems really one note.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
WOW! A fun ending for the two-hour show! I only wish someone else had drawn that black rock.

A good blindside with Chris in the first hour. I liked him better than Bret or Sunday but I love a good blindside.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well, this season has entered such strange territory that no one at Edgic has a clue. They're busy un-eliminating "sure losers" and have decided David is viable as a winner after all, despite violating several longstanding editing rules.

I have no clue what's coming next. :D

I'm thinking a David-Ken-Hannah F3. With one of those three winning. :P

Edited by KMInfinity, Nov 24 2016, 09:25 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: