Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Big Brother; Season 18
Topic Started: Jun 14 2016, 06:07 PM (4,066 Views)
KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Meet the cast...

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/photos/1006596/big-brother-season-18-meet-the-new-cast/111649/bronte-d-acquisto/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Grrr lost a long post...

Rumors - haven't checked them out yet...

-Ian/Audrey/derrick(!); Vanessa returning as coaches (Ian says no.) Another rumor, from reliable Hamsterwatch has Frank, Nicole, Da'Vonne and James (The Asian redneck)

-2 sibs of former players on the cast (vanessa's sister??? and Cody's brother???)

-Julie will NOT read the vote totals, to encourage Wilder voting patterns (I find this hard to believe. "By a vote of.....")

EvelDick already scoffing and bitching...lol

***ETA

Also, the 12 HG are sequestered already, and were supposed to be on a live-cast stream for the reveal monday, but that was canceled until the announcement this fternoon - not live. The reason given was the Orlando terrorism, so there's a bunch of rumors that someone is related, may be exiting already...

Edited by KMInfinity, Jun 14 2016, 06:35 PM.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Just coming to post that. Like the London and Nairobi rooms, HATE the airport lounge theme in the living room.

No more BoB! Good.

Corey has anti-gay slurs out there; Glenn is a super trump supporter. Oy vey.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Running commentary...

A two hour premiere was too long. I'm only 2/3 thru and disliking more as time goes by. :P

Some interesting twists. I liked the team playoffs to boot a player.

These 4 would not be my pick of 4 returnees.

Da'Vonne's team sucks, and they pull her down into her weaknesses rather than her strengths. Too bad. I like her, but she hasn't learned how to fly UTR and play cool.

I do like Victor and Bronte (despite her voice).

Vanessa's sister Tiffany looks so much like her I swear they just had Vanessa dye her hair and go back in the House.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Looks bad for Glenn. I'd be fine with dumb ass Cory going too. But sadly, the traditional BB frustration begins as the ones I want to go (anyone fro Da's team) will be staying.

It's weird to watch without live feed info in the mix. It won't feel like the game's really started until we are 24/7.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
jbrr

Tiffany sounds so much like Vanessa it kinda makes me do a double take everytime i hear her. She looks like her but the voice and speech patterns are exactly the same. Lets just hope for my feed watching sake she doesnt talk as much as her sister did. And yes I'm almost positive James saw pics of Tiff during Vans HOHs.
Big agree. Apparently all the vets know.
Quote:

I liked Nicole the first time so I'm ok with her being back. James is James, its ok too. Not really sure why we got Davonne back (and so quick). Outside of her blow-up with Audrey and figuring out the twins, I dont recall her being especially noteworthy or interesting....weird. Frank looks soooo different, is it just the haircut or something else? I know alot of people didnt like him on his season but I didn't mind him. He wasn't a great strategist but he was great in comps. He fell victim to Dans mist. He seems much quieter and somewhat smarter in the little we've seen thus far. I could have named a dozen other former hamsters I would rather have had back but I dont hate any of them so thats something I guess.
Nicole's okay, played too emotional last time. I like James, especially his antics. I also think he has a good 'take' on the game. Day gave greeat Diary, but went too soon to really know. I like her but she can lack self awareness and so seem hypocritical I think. Apparently she's made some major inroads with the noobs. Frank seems MUCH better without Boogie. I may like him this time around.
Quote:

None of the newbies have impressed me yet....
Nope. Day is openly mocking them apparently. Careful Day... karma.
Dax

Jozea and Victor are really dumb and bad at this game.

I like that our discussion archives go back to Season 9 (!) ... Gonna refresh my memory on our thoughts on Frank during his game... http://s1.zetaboards.com/Buzz/topic/4852193/1/
Only Season 9? Huhh. I remember posting about S6 a lot. Maye not here. Agree Joz and Vic are twits.
Edited by KMInfinity, Jun 24 2016, 11:41 AM.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]

Notes from the live feeds (summarizing the LF discussion on TVCH - don’t have the feeds myself. I’ll watch BBAD if anything interesting is described.) All spec, most not confirmed or 100% definite yet…

-Live feeds on and BB didn’t tell them (yet); on for half hour, then they were told…mugging for cams, silly shoutouts, introducing themselves, like the three hour ‘premiere event hasn’t happened yet. LOL

-Some of the noobs (recruits?) think they have to explain to feedsters how BB works: what slop is; how noms work, yadayada, Oy vey

-Punishment for the 2nd to last rocket team: be naked (wearing nudie tights with fake cardboard pixel coverups…apparently skimpy as there’s talk this can’t be shown on reg. TV

-A lot of them hate Jozea-even people in his “alliance”; has said lots of annoying/creepy/unpatriotic/mean stuff…

-Noobs and vets seem to be blending.

-Girl alliance of Bridget-Bronte-Natalie; House mocking them; Bridg won’t share a DOUBLE bed to respect her BF back home !!! Nat can't have boys in her room? Whaaaaa???

-Alt (hidden?) girl alliance: Zakiyah, Day, Nicole, Michelle, maybe Tiffany??? Calling themselves the New Brigade? That would be awesome.

-Debate over the vote numbers by posters, HG saying 8-3/7-4….which implies the new power might be to cut a voter (15 HG - 2 noms – HoH=12 not 11)
--------------oh wait...there are THREE noms....

-2 AM House Meeting but some deliberately not invited (to be undated)
--------the meeting appears to be a sermon of some sort from “the messiah” (Jozea) about how they're gonna play the rest of the game out. Everyone but Nicole, Michelle, Frank, and James were invited.

-Debate about Nicole’s relationship status (she’d flirty, open to showmance?). Her FB page says she’s still in a relationship with Hayden Voss, but Sucks hasn’t uncovered recent pics of the two??? But there’s this: https://mobile.twitter.com/haydenvoss_/status/745797853403037696 But Nic may be showmancing with Victor… (I liked him. Goofy kid. But maybe he’s a creep?) Victor and Natalie already showmanced and broke up! Tears and drama and the whole nine yards…

-Zakiyah may be showmancing with Paulie.

-PAUL is also nominated? There’s three noms? There’s a nomination COUCH instead of two chairs.

-2 AM House Meeting but some deliberately not invited (UPDATE)
--------meeting seems to be about how to get Paulie out (Silly Nicole, PAWNS GO HOME.) Day seems to have wormed her way into the noobs, she's at the meeting??? but really playing them, laughing at them behind their backs, snickering when they think they have control. (Apparently they are counting some people as “with them” – like Tiffany, who Day knows is NOT.) Big Blindside coming???? This is one of the differences with Survivor: a 3 day turnaround makes blindsides more possible, whereas the veto and week long wait make flipflops likely on BB.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thanks jbrr! LOLOL @ the failed House meeting.

Does it seem the vets and the noobs are still separate factions or not?

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Comments on TVCH are that in general, except for Tiff and Paulie (who had sibs coaching them before they came in, and probably at least watched their sib season closely) these hamsters are the most clueless to ever play the game. They not only don't know the nuances of how to play the game, they don't know very basic rules and patterns - such as thinking Production"has to" give them food/alcohol when they request it, Paul thinks they can demand Production hold the live eviction Sunday because Thursday is too long to wait? lol

Is that your impression? Geez.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thnx jbrr. That confirms my impressions reading around. I read Da'Vonne apparently came right out and said how lucky the vets are to have been put into the House with such clueless players. Oy vey.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah I liked Day initially last year.

You know how adversity brings out the best in some people. Not Day. :P I think she's one of those people who are great when things are going well, but can't handle trouble.

In her defense, I don't think many people could deal with the nutcase that was Audrey.

ETA... I'm also liking Frank a lot more this time around without Boogie. He's doing the "talking to the feedsters" thing apparently? He said this is the first week he's ever not been on the Block without being the HoH. Also first time he never competed in PoV. wow.
Edited by KMInfinity, Jun 26 2016, 08:15 AM.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Okay the goat story Corey is telling is another strike against him. He is not a nice guy. There are some rumblings starting on social media. I think we've got another Aaryn.

He's also the one with gay slurs in the past, and was called out by Joze in the House about using gay as an insult. (was describing his friend's combined bachelor-bachelorette party as "gay" and later was mocking the issue with others when Joze was gone...)

https://twitter.com/IsItUpOrDown/status/746955804759199744

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Bilki on the show he definitely seemed like he had some repressed attraction with his comments and focus on Frank and Paulie in the nekkid-pixel outfits for sure. Feedsters report he had a bit of a whiny gripe session with Natalie? about how he was annoyed with Joz following him around, Joz saying Corey was so fine he was going to "convert him" and Corey did NOT want America thinking he was gay. Protesting too much?

Unless maybe Big Brother is deliberately manipulating his edit to a) counterbalance his slurs or B) are just f**king with his image. BB wouldn't do that, would they? :P

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax, I don't think there's much positive to show about Jozea. They could play him for laughs and show some of the silly/dumb stuff but overall he is clueless, arrogant, and super narcissistic. Nicole sat with him for an hour to "share her thinking" about why he was nominated and later she said he literally talked at her the entire time straight and never once gave her an opening to discuss her thoughts, personal stuff, nothing. (Not sure if feedsters saw this or only her report of it, but it sounds true based on everything else we've seen.)

Gate I actually like a lot of them, more than usual. They remind me a lot of my 8th graders, think they're all grown up and yeah they have moments, but they're really just kids. That could get tedious over time I guess. I do like all the vets much more this time around...maybe by comparison? Frank was the one I dreaded seeing in the House but he is 1000X better without Boogie. James has always been fun, and continues to show he's an overall nice guy. Day is a hoot, and gives great DR, and has that wicked edge that cold backfire on her but she's also a plus this season. Nicole is the same as ever, cute and maybe a little less clueless. :P There are at least a half dozen noobs who seem like decent people overall...maybe not great game players. :P

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
lol... Of course I did not record BBAD last night, so there was drama. :P

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Is Paul still talking about "punching people" and being taken out in handcuffs if the vote goes the "wrong way"or was that reported incorrectly?

I'm behind, because Game of Thrones.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thnx jbrr...

Is Paulie at all aware of the 8-Pack? Or does he think he and Frank are in some sub-alliance? I haven't been following the House closely thanks to plaster and GoT, but it seems people are not suspicious much of alliances ovreall. Maybe Bronte is?

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
How can a backdoor work with three on the block. Seems pretty chancy.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah there's a lot of pressure on Tiff to throw it, which is really unfair, imo. I wouldn't.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
jbrr1212
Jul 6 2016, 03:51 AM
This group is kinda boring. I think thats why BB has been giving them a fair amount of alcohol.
The vets have commented they're getting way more alcohol than in their seasons. lol

Quote:

This bunch are late night schemers so most of that happens after AD goes off.
I ff thru BBAD, not much to see. But also, I used to wake up to several pages (100+ posts) from live feedster reporters after BBAD and this season I don't think there's been more than a page or two.

Quote:

Yeah Tiff is rubbing people the wrong way but Frank is putting himself on the hotseat currently. He is on a rampage to get Tiff out but in pushing too hard for that he has managed to raise too many red flags with the others. They know Tiff is a wildcard but the girls (Day, Z, Nic, Tiff, Michelle) are hardcore about getting Frank out now. He outed the 8-pack to Paulie and the girls are none too happy about it. That coupled with his lack of manners and barking orders have made him public enemy #1. James is leery as well. I really want to know where Paulie stands, hes playing smart and holding his cards close to the vest.
Yeah I am remembering all the reasons I didn't like Frank the first time around. :P

There's a fine line between playing "week to week" vs floating, and playing too hard/looking too far ahead vs sensible planning. I also wonder if the Survivor mode of play has influenced BB. So many tribal councils over the last few years revolve around discussion of who's on the bottom of a majority alliance. Difference is, Survivor has only a three day turnaround before voting, whereas BB has a week, with so much stuff in-between.

I think Frank should have coasted thru a couple more evictions before courting the boys so obviously. There was no need to say anything to Pauli, even if he IS HOH. Paulie seems to be a better player than Cody, maybe thanks to Cody's coaching and experience?

I'm reading that even though Day has been whiplashing thru various scenarios (evict Tiff/save Tiff), no one has actually brought up her name for eviction.

And the social media speculation about Corey's sexual identity continues. I hope he's comfortable with his identity, especially if he is not gay, because he is gonna have a lot of 'splaining to do. Is he the hamster who said to James he was a "private person?" Because James rolled his eyes and said, "Dude you are on the wro-oong show." (I didn't see it. It was one of the newbie guys, reported by TVCH feedsters.)

There's some chatter about Tiff telling Nicole (secretly) she's gay, apparently to deflect how much showmancing she's been doing with Paulie. That might come back to bite her.

ETA - I am a little tired of Corey's "jokes" about mistreating animals. (per Hamsterwatch - didn't know metal couldn't be put in the microwave. Put a cat in once....just kidding!) Is this some aberration of a basically decent, nice guy or a red flag?
Edited by KMInfinity, Jul 6 2016, 08:41 AM.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm hoping Bronte wins HoH. :D

That should stir the pot nicely.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
They have to play the odds and put him up with other strong guys and hope he stays up. They have enough girls to do it, if they stick together. ^o)

I'm actually surprised Paulie's BD plan worked. He even said in the DR it's unlikely. "How often do plans come thru in Big Brother?" lol

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Are they really considering pulling the trigger on Frank this week? I read James and Paulie wanted to wait a couple weeks (claiming to want 'the other side' done but really to prevent the boys from dipping to a 4-8 minority!)

I like the IDEA of the RK, but like jbrr said, it's better when it stays secret. I do think it can't go too much longer though since 3 of X nominated becomes almost impossible...unless they cancel the teams thing and ANYONE is fair game for noms. I know people are saying it's to keep the vets safe, but imo the vets kept themselves safe with strong gameplay. I'm not actually clear how the RK helped the vets (theoretically).

Of course, as Day suggested, it was a gift to have a dumbass cast with mostly recruits who didn't know the game. But some are learning fast. Like Paul. I'm sorta starting to like him, without nitwit Jozea around.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Meanwhile, feedsters caught two comments before Button Boy blocked the sound. Looking around for confirmation/information.

James discussed that he also has had Jedi training from Derrick and knows Derrick's family well. Which means he also probably knows Paulie well too and they are keeping it quiet.

Natalie made a statement (to Bronte) that "...me, tiff, and Paulie all have relatives who played. There has to be more..." People are debating exactly what she said, and debating if she is telling the truth if she DID say "me" or just trying to play Bronte...and if true ARE there other past connections not revealed yet?

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thanks jbrr. Your updates have been helping me stay "in the game." I haven't been following them much this year online.

The feedsters at TVCH are saying this is a really boring group with little strategizing or gametalk. Most mornings, I'll check the overnight feed summaries and instead of a whole thread, there might be one or two posts. Is that your perception?

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thanks for the update.

I'm not reading much, but I did catch a feedster summary that talked about how Michelle seems to be playing all, and has this massive diarrhea of the mouth (or weird strategy?) where she tells everyone everything. Do you think she will keep the Showmance 4 secret and stick with them long term?

ETA:
I'm reading there were so many flips and flip backs that Production is scrambling to edit something for tonight that makes sense. I wonder if there's a last minute Production protocol so the producers have a sense of what's coming for editing purposes...or, to be a BB conspiracy theorist, :firemad: if there's a 'lock-in' during the DR (when the HG tell the DR how they will vote later). It would be so cool to see the editing get fooled by the vote and literally have a total tossup for a change. Depending on which site I visit, some have Tiff going and some have Bronte going.
Edited by KMInfinity, Jul 14 2016, 11:22 AM.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Season 6 is the fave for me too. I got the feeds for the first time when Nakomis came up with the real back door plan. Stopped getting the feeds with the winter season the year of the writers strike.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Very bad casting, and a really bad winner. Is Adam in jail now?

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
So I should watch BBAD? :-D

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think the Fatal Five did include Tiff.

Day, Nic, Zak, Michelle, and Tiff? The 8-Pack girls in effect....

I think there will be a LOT of shakeup once Frank gets his head around all the info Tiff dumped on him. These team safety rules are crazy, because otherwise, Paulie would be targeting Frank, who is gonna be super pissed his "Boys on the side" alliance with Paulie and Corey betrayed him.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: