Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Big Brother; Season 18
Topic Started: Jun 14 2016, 06:07 PM (2,735 Views)
Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, they're always in sequester (actually, always already in the house) when we first see their pictures and bios...

Don't think anybody had to be related to the Orlando tragedy for them to cancel the livecast...
(Found out last night, one of my friends - by coincidence, my almost-got-on-BB-the-same-year-Rachel-did friend - did lose a friend/ex-co-worker, somebody he'd worked on a cruise ship with a few years ago..)

I see there are Jeff-interviews-the-cast videos. Don't know if I'll watch 'em... I usually go into the first show 'blind' (except for those photos)...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Only 12 lends credence to the vets-as-coaches thing.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2016/06/big-brother-corey-brooks-gay-slurs/

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Was wondering how far back the previous coaches thing was... 14, with Britney, Janelle, Boogie, and Dan (came in 2nd, Ian was the winner..).

It all blurs together after awhile. I'll have to refresh my memory on a couple of this year's returns, I'm sure...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dumb comments, but I agree, pretty low on the 'hate' scale. I do think less of people that casually toss around ethnic/racist/homophobic slurs, but... these things were awhile ago, maybe he's wised up since then.

Caleb was kind of an ass (and was all creepy-stalkery to that one girl), but he wasn't as 'mean' as the pre-house stuff we knew about him suggested he would be... And as the realityblurred blog post points out, CBS (and a lot of the BB audience) just LOVES Jeff, and he said horrific things...

I don't want ALL assholes in the house, but... there ARE supposed to be unlikable people in there. That's part of the fun. Big-time Trump supporter... great. Let's go.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Feeds will start tomorrow night.

Okay, bring on our summer freak show.....

Season 14 (2012), Frank placed 7th out of 16. If I'd met Frank somewhere, I wouldn't immediately have recognized him, but it would tug at me, like 'I know you from somewhere..'

Season 16, Nicole placed 7th out of 16, but (as people here quickly pointed out and held against her) she had been evicted earlier and got to come back in... Paulie's brother Cody came in second.

Season 17, Da'Vonne was 16th out of 17, James came in 7th, and Tiffany's sister Vanessa came in third.

No, would not have to be told that Paulie is Cody's brother (but I wouldn't have remembered Cody's name unless I studied before going in...). And DEFINITELY wouldn't be fooled for an instant about Tiffany. Didn't James see pictures of Tiffany while Vanessa was HOH and make some amusing and quasi-inappropriate remarks about her, or was that some other guy? We met Tiffany in Van's 'family-watching-the-show' packages, didn't we?

I love Nicole.
I find Bronte, Bridgette, and Michelle attractive.
Natalie is cute but really annoying.
Michelle is kinda annoying.
I totally see that Bronte would/will bug people, but I think she's kinda charming.
I'd attach to Bridgette the most, though, I think. I like nurses.
Three teachers is kinda weird.

Paulie comes off like a jerk.
I didn't like Jozea at all.
I was going to say 'wait, I don't think Paul is that bad' but that was before I came to the competitions and how he behaved during them...

If Da'Vonne has grown and learned over the last year, it all evaporated soon after she returned to the house... Her crying at the end (happy tears 'cuz they won) was amusing, because it LOOKED like how she'd have reacted if they'd lost...

James is James. He was popular and 'a character' enough that I did figure they'd have him come back sometime, but I'm maybe a little surprised it's a back-to-back...

Natalie made me think 'Hot Rachel' a little (from UnReal, which is back as strong as last year - you watching, KMI?).

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nicole did well on the second show, and I'm happy to see her back.

Jozea and Victor are really dumb and bad at this game.

I like that our discussion archives go back to Season 9 (!) ... Gonna refresh my memory on our thoughts on Frank during his game... http://s1.zetaboards.com/Buzz/topic/4852193/1/

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
KMI - We talked back then, yes, but lost some stuff along the way (server crash...)

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
They always do (get too excited about a new alliance...)

Goat story is what?

I like the new roadkill twist... Secret winner/third nominee is cool.

I don't know if it's the edit or what, but they're not showing Jozea to have any positive qualities at all... When he says 'the house loves me' and 'I am the joy and light of this place', um, no.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Votes and... I think there may have been a competition amongst evicted people before, maybe, but this is definitely the first time it's 'Redemption Island'-style.

Show was fun last night.

Yeah, Julie was howling on the inside...very fun phrasing on her Jozea questions...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
It is funny they have to explain backdooring somebody (ah, memories of Nakomis and her instructions in the DR, first time around...), but I know they don't all know the game before they come in.

Wait. Maybe I'm not understanding something... why COULDN'T Tiffany win the veto and take herself down?

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ah. Thank you. Still the best move for HER (because, you know, could go home), but the big backdoor plan (which I only kinda skimmed over... this way, I can be quasi-spoiled but also forget and then be quasi-surprised when it airs...) wouldn't work. I get it now.

Not watching the feeds or reading feed reports (except those posted here), I'm still not automatic on everybody's name... will be by this time next week, I'm sure...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
The 'Battle Back' final battle is going to be on a special night, Friday 7/22.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I like Roadkill (but yes, it's a dumb ass who will win and tell anybody other than their VERY closest allies...) and a third nominee for eviction to keep them on their toes a bit.

I don't really like the four teams and HOH's-team-is-safe. Sounded funky when the first week HOH is saying things like 'and there are only so many people I could choose from'- and she's not bullshitting. Week one, and there's a limited number of people you can try and evict? That was weird.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Are those the comments that made the sound get muted?

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I don't remember which years we did/didn't watch feeds (but yes on 6...). Nice background noise if you really like some of them, but never really 'essential'... I would have BBAD on while it was on Showtime, but never really now on Pop (plus my schedule is less up-all-night than I used to be...).

Yeah, the strike season... Two-in-a-year was not enough time away to 'miss' the show (plus, bad casting, right?)...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Showmance 5? Who's the single or triangle in that group?

Show was fun last night.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
It was funny how they (on last night's show) would cut to Tiffany every time somebody would talk about her (often) and she always looked the same - solemn, sunglasses, brooding like Vanessa had done... Yet we didn't see her talking very much at all, didn't really see any of her campaign to save herself...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I like Nicole and James and Natalie, and don't like Frank, but I don't really care who wins or in what order they get ousted... I just wanna watch 'em fight and betray each other...

I was wondering if Michelle was a nice or not nice person. She's really not had a lot of airtime or much of a distinguishable personality on the show, but I think she's cute.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
What was the James/Nat spat about?

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I want to be Corey's hand.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'd be very surprised if they were doing an online-only in the FALL (that's soon).... but not too surprised if they do one next winter when Star Trek and the Diane Lockhart show start up...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Me, too, though I'll feel all 'incomplete' if I skip a season (I did not see all of 1, though, so there's precedent...).

I'm planning to employ pirate means to watch the TGW spinoff (and maybe ST, too), but I wouldn't bother with BB, I don't think...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Official now. Wow. To start within DAYS of 18 wrapping up...

http://deadline.com/2016/08/big-brother-season-19-fall-cbs-all-access-1201796972/

A few weeks shorter than usual (ten).

--

Natalie's practice shots on that HOH were very funny.
Natalie getting at least two (and maybe three- edited to look that way) perfect shots in a row and then getting nothing on her red ball was funny and sad.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Paul super-unconvincing when lying to Day.

James' oops was very funny.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I really liked the entrance of the trolls.

And playing a troll would have been a totally fun job...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm not pre-empted tonight, but will be for tomorrow's...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh, I can never stop watching BB (except, um, if there's a pay-only on-line season, I suppose..).

Hate Paulie. That him vs. Natalie thing was 'wow'.

Zingbot had some good ones. Love the Z For President shirts they were wearing...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
So Paulie was at the Ziggy Marley show? Those were good edits, then, yeah.

If they only got one song (as it appeared), that was kind of a letdown for them, I'm sure.

Semi-scripted 'hey, remember that time' clip set-ups were as wonderfully awkward as both the Survivor Walks By Everybody's Totems/Torches and the clip shows a lot of sitcoms used to do once a year....

This was an odd Friday show, that wasn't in place of losing another day of the week...

There have been previous seasons with more than one double eviction, yeah.

I don't remember that a juror ALWAYS comes back - really? Don't think two come back from eviction very often, but expect it has happened at least once or twice before..

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
The Jigsaw-from-Saw voice giving the directions to this HOH comp is funny.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Agree. Victor getting evicted twice and returning twice would be neat to see.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: