Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Big Brother; Season 18
Topic Started: Jun 14 2016, 06:07 PM (4,063 Views)
KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah I liked Day initially last year.

You know how adversity brings out the best in some people. Not Day. :P I think she's one of those people who are great when things are going well, but can't handle trouble.

In her defense, I don't think many people could deal with the nutcase that was Audrey.

ETA... I'm also liking Frank a lot more this time around without Boogie. He's doing the "talking to the feedsters" thing apparently? He said this is the first week he's ever not been on the Block without being the HoH. Also first time he never competed in PoV. wow.
Edited by KMInfinity, Jun 26 2016, 08:15 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Okay the goat story Corey is telling is another strike against him. He is not a nice guy. There are some rumblings starting on social media. I think we've got another Aaryn.

He's also the one with gay slurs in the past, and was called out by Joze in the House about using gay as an insult. (was describing his friend's combined bachelor-bachelorette party as "gay" and later was mocking the issue with others when Joze was gone...)

https://twitter.com/IsItUpOrDown/status/746955804759199744

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The funny thing about Corey is that he made a comment about having a bromance in a creepy-ish tone on EP1 of the televised show. I think it was directed a Paul. He seems like one of those guys who has some degree of same-sex attraction but hates himself for it.

Maybe I'll find the goat story on Hmasterwatch....

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Bilki on the show he definitely seemed like he had some repressed attraction with his comments and focus on Frank and Paulie in the nekkid-pixel outfits for sure. Feedsters report he had a bit of a whiny gripe session with Natalie? about how he was annoyed with Joz following him around, Joz saying Corey was so fine he was going to "convert him" and Corey did NOT want America thinking he was gay. Protesting too much?

Unless maybe Big Brother is deliberately manipulating his edit to a) counterbalance his slurs or B) are just f**king with his image. BB wouldn't do that, would they? :P

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Protesting too much?
My thoughts are leaning in that direction, lol.

Seemed like the show was kind to Jozea with his edit. They showed that he was smart enough to tell the other guys to put Frank up if they won the Road Kill challenge.

Paulie has nice legs. I don't remember Cody being as douchey as Paulie seems to be but I forget most of what happens as soon as the season ends.

I wonder if there's a change of those pixel outfits. Seems like they'd get stinky after a day or two.

I'm intrigued by the potential of the 8Pack alliance but I thought they were getting a little ahead of themselves with all the enthusiasm and the patting-on-the-backs.
Edited by bilki, Jun 26 2016, 10:00 PM.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
They always do (get too excited about a new alliance...)

Goat story is what?

I like the new roadkill twist... Secret winner/third nominee is cool.

I don't know if it's the edit or what, but they're not showing Jozea to have any positive qualities at all... When he says 'the house loves me' and 'I am the joy and light of this place', um, no.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The goat story....
Quote:

Things went south when Corey told a story about his buddy being drunk and buying a goat, spraying it with lighter fluid and trying to set it on fire.. it wasn't clear to me if this was in Corey's group/guys house he talked about pre-show but no matter.. there was no mention of him or anyone trying to stop it, and Corey told the story like it was a big joke, so funny, and the goat was cowering by the fireplace - Flashback 6/25 11.05pm

I guess I didn't realize BBAD is on POPTv. They're kinda boring right now. If there was an alcohol delivery tonight, I can't tell who's been drinking.

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
I only saw 1/2 of the first episode but reading about the 'goat story' here makes me wonder if I should bother. I really hate animal abuse and idiots.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax, I don't think there's much positive to show about Jozea. They could play him for laughs and show some of the silly/dumb stuff but overall he is clueless, arrogant, and super narcissistic. Nicole sat with him for an hour to "share her thinking" about why he was nominated and later she said he literally talked at her the entire time straight and never once gave her an opening to discuss her thoughts, personal stuff, nothing. (Not sure if feedsters saw this or only her report of it, but it sounds true based on everything else we've seen.)

Gate I actually like a lot of them, more than usual. They remind me a lot of my 8th graders, think they're all grown up and yeah they have moments, but they're really just kids. That could get tedious over time I guess. I do like all the vets much more this time around...maybe by comparison? Frank was the one I dreaded seeing in the House but he is 1000X better without Boogie. James has always been fun, and continues to show he's an overall nice guy. Day is a hoot, and gives great DR, and has that wicked edge that cold backfire on her but she's also a plus this season. Nicole is the same as ever, cute and maybe a little less clueless. :P There are at least a half dozen noobs who seem like decent people overall...maybe not great game players. :P

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I've been super busy the last couple days and havent gotten to watch much feeds. I did see the goat story told by Corey. I dont think Corey is a terrible person. I think hes just a dumb frat boy jock with some repressed feelings. The story was bad and I dont know why he even brought it up, except that they were drinking and talking about stupid things people do when they are drunk. He should have just kept that one to himself.

Bilki yes Cody was douchey too, remember he was the one constantly flirting/petting with married Christine. I actually like Paulie more than Cody.

The 8-pack is trolling Jozea which is pretty funny. He still has no clue.

Day is getting antsy about Tiff. Shes also sketched out by James making friends with the powderpuffs.

Thursday will be fun.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Total bitchfest night in the BB house. They got alcohol again and once their buzzes wore off they all got nasty. Nothing major just lots of snark and bitching.

Vic has major issues with wasting food, not sure what thats about but he's nutso about it.

Its shaping up to be guys vs girls.

Paul is an ass. I hope he goes next.

Lockdown starts tomorrow for the hoh comp building.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
lol... Of course I did not record BBAD last night, so there was drama. :P

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
KMInfinity
Jun 29 2016, 08:45 AM
lol... Of course I did not record BBAD last night, so there was drama. :P
Go watch GoTh and don't come back until you are finished. :P

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm seeing that Bronte is making comments about sending James back to Hong Kong. Ugh.

Da'Vonne, James and Zakiyah reacting to Jozea thinking that Michelle won the Road Kill challenge gave me a good laugh.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah Bronte is a witch. Thats her go to insult/smack talk about James. Shes also made several other not so nice comments about others too. I'm not a fan.

I haven't rooted against one side of the house so much this early in a season since season 6. The stooges and powderpuffs are just so dumb and obnoxious I cant deal.

Big blow up between Frank/Tiff tonight. Frank told Natalie that Josea was probably going home and the rest of the 8 pack kinda freaked out about it. It mostly blew over but in true Vanessa fashion Tiff tried to interrogate Frank about it again and Frank stood up to her which led to lots of tears and drama from Tiff. It all settled down but Tiff is definitely Van 2.0.

Even after all that Josea is still clueless that he's leaving. He's convinced Day/Zakiyah wont turn on him because "they are the people of color and Day was voted out by all the white people last season so she wouldn't align with them again" . He is threatening lots of fireworks in the event something happens and he leaves.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Is Paul still talking about "punching people" and being taken out in handcuffs if the vote goes the "wrong way"or was that reported incorrectly?

I'm behind, because Game of Thrones.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yes he said that multiple times. He kind of conceded last night that if for some reason Jozea went that the other 3 (paul, vic, bronte) would just have to keep it together and get revenge and win all the comps the rest of the way. Paul likes to talk a big game about punching people and acting out but I doubt he actually would. He might blow up and yell a little bit but then I think he will realize how much he doesnt know the game and adjust his strategy. He seems to be the one this season putting on the character for tv. Hes smart and very rational at times, but when he knows the cams are watching he turns into angry rocker guy.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Paulie is the new HOH. James threw the comp. Lots of quiet scheming but nothing really happening as of yet. Noms will likely be some combo of Bronte, Paul and Vic.
Edited by jbrr1212, Jul 1 2016, 03:47 AM.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thnx jbrr...

Is Paulie at all aware of the 8-Pack? Or does he think he and Frank are in some sub-alliance? I haven't been following the House closely thanks to plaster and GoT, but it seems people are not suspicious much of alliances ovreall. Maybe Bronte is?

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Jozea is such a fool. I wonder if Julie was laughing on the inside during his "exit" interview.

Is this the first time they've had them compete to get back into the house? I know there have been votes in past seasons. Be nice for Glenn if he was able to win his way back into the house, though it seems likely that they'd just send him right back out.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Votes and... I think there may have been a competition amongst evicted people before, maybe, but this is definitely the first time it's 'Redemption Island'-style.

Show was fun last night.

Yeah, Julie was howling on the inside...very fun phrasing on her Jozea questions...

Jenni
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I did a search that said seasons 14, 15, and 16 had challenges for the evicted house guests but not redemption island style. It looked that that's how Nicole got back in the house but I'll have to do some more sleuthing.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
No Paulie has no idea about 8-pack, though there is much worry among Day/Nic/Zakiyah that Tiff may tell him to create drama. Paulie has his side bro alliance with Corey/Frank. He is also very bonded to Zakiyah. He and Tiff have some sort of bond but I dont know if its just the sibling thing or if its a real alliance. Theres not really much worry about alliances right now as its still basically one side against the other.

Paul and Bronte are the noms with the plan being to backdoor Victor. Paul and Bronte both know this is the plan, though they had to explain to Paul the concept of backdooring someone.

I think whoever gets back in will be sent right back out pretty quickly unless they get some sort of safety. They must have been told at some point in the early going that someone pre-jury coming back was an option as it has been a topic of conversation all along. Day even commented she was nicer to Jozea in her goodbye than she wanted to be in case he came back. Pre-jury returns haven't happened often enough that they should have been thinking that way without it being mentioned.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
How can a backdoor work with three on the block. Seems pretty chancy.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
It is much more chancy with 3 on the block but they are convinced it will work, because idiots. Paulie seems to have been set on this decision from the get go. He talked to the boys and Z quite a bit and batted around the idea of putting him up directly but that talk was brief and Paulie always brought the convo back to backdooring him.

Vic won the roadkill (some sort of math/counting comp) and put up Tiff which led to much Rousso drama, paranoia, and tears of course. Plan is for her to throw POV (unless Vic gets picked) and the bd plan remains in effect. Vic wanted to nom James but realized he had no chance of getting the votes to oust him so he went with Tiff instead. Paul is still clueless as to how the game works, Tiff had to explain to him why she couldn't win the veto and take herself down. For a guy who is apparently pretty smart in other areas of life he is slow on the uptake in this game.

Other random musings of the day... Jozea was recruited from casting for Americas Next Top Model and claimed he had dinner with J-Lo. James confirmed for us tonight that Liz/Austin split up (i suspected this when they werent interacting during the Price is Right special). Bronte tried for 2 years to get on BB. Bridgette bakes the best cookies ever but her doctor boyfriend refused to sign the release for the show. Natalies dream is to be a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader. One fish cannibalized another during the 5+ hours we got to admire them during the roadkill comp.

Veto comp Sunday.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
It is funny they have to explain backdooring somebody (ah, memories of Nakomis and her instructions in the DR, first time around...), but I know they don't all know the game before they come in.

Wait. Maybe I'm not understanding something... why COULDN'T Tiffany win the veto and take herself down?

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Because she was the nominee of the roadkill winner (Victor) and he would then get to name the replacement so the backdoor plan wont work. One of the other 2 have to come down allowing Paulie to name Vic as the replacement.

Day and Zakiyah are the 2 picked to play veto along with the noms and hoh.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ah. Thank you. Still the best move for HER (because, you know, could go home), but the big backdoor plan (which I only kinda skimmed over... this way, I can be quasi-spoiled but also forget and then be quasi-surprised when it airs...) wouldn't work. I get it now.

Not watching the feeds or reading feed reports (except those posted here), I'm still not automatic on everybody's name... will be by this time next week, I'm sure...

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah there's a lot of pressure on Tiff to throw it, which is really unfair, imo. I wouldn't.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
The 'Battle Back' final battle is going to be on a special night, Friday 7/22.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: